Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is the annual high holiday here in the U.S., Super Bowl Sunday. I thought I did better last year on my predictions than I did, I just looked and found I was 8-3 picking without the spread. This year I have the chance to do better, as I put an 8-2 record on the line. My pick is the Giants, which should come as a surprise to no one. Go big blue!

Big Blue Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Dinosaurs and Meteors.
The Great Adventure.
Links: Edible Stadium.
What Happens to the Losing Team’s Championship Shirts?
Map shows NYC's energy consumption, building-by-building.
Stories: Casting: Riddick, Evil Dead, Despicable.
Science: How computers help artists at Sweden's ice hotel.
Spider silk's flexibility makes webs super-strong.
Humble moss helped to cool Earth and spurred on life.
Media: Rocky!
Harry Potter Vs Halo. Thanks Joker961 via FAderp91.
Snowboarder Survives Avalanche by Floating on an Airbag.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.
EXTRALIFE – Same old thing.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2012, 10:07 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 03:05:
nin wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 17:08:
Just got around to playing Serious Sam Double D. Damn fun little game!

Yea i enjoy it, kind of hard as well...brings back that era nicely.

After unlocking about half the stuff (and beating the game twice), I had a bug where I couldn't restart the first level from the beginning, but only from a checkpoint halfway through. So I do a "new game" and it wipes all my earned stuff...

Still fun, but I shelved it for now.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2012, 09:41 ^Drag0n^

As a Pats fan all I can say is this: they deserved to lose. When your opponent is down to one tight end and your defense STILL can't contain the offense, you have no business winning is all, no matter how brilliant your QB is.

Congrats, Giants. Well played, and we'll deserved.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2012, 03:05 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 17:08:

Yea i enjoy it, kind of hard as well...brings back that era nicely.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2012, 08:46 MisterBenn

Two of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Clubs, RAAAWWWRRR!!

Er, I mean - I love Evil Dead! Couldn't agree more, it's impossible to imagine this turning out well. I see it's a female lead, does that mean a guy will get tree-raped in the woods?

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2012, 07:23 Shadowcat

They're re-making Evil Dead? Why would anyone do that? Raimi already made it twice! If there's a film that definitely doesn't require a remake, it's Evil Dead.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2012, 05:38 Cutter

Enh, it was a pretty meh game all things considered. Grats to AR on his landslide league MVP win!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2012, 02:11 Prez

Seems like the Patriots really fell apart there especially towards the end, lots of missed catches etc.

Yeah, that's been a common theme throughout the playoffs for Giants' opponents. Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in football, had a really mediocre game against them, missing some key passes, the 49'ers had the game sewn up until butterfingers muffed not one but TWO balls at critical times, and then the Patriots' 4th quarter flubs...

Was it a fix???

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2012, 00:02 Zarkonis

My bias against the Patriots runs deep. However, when they cut Tiquan Underwood the day before the Super Bowl, they deserved to lose. Congrads to the Giants on their win, now maybe the horde of Patriots fans here in this town will shut the hell up for a while.  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 23:33 Sepharo

I was rooting for the Giants because I just don't like Brady and Belichick, don't really have a good reason for that. Seems like the Patriots really fell apart there especially towards the end, lots of missed catches etc.

Watched the game with my parents and they were pretty furious about the Giants going for two since that caused them to miss their squares and a potential $500 or so.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 22:35 Creston

Congrats Blue

And more Boston Schadenfreude. What a wonderful, wonderful day it is.

Creston

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 22:07  Blue 

Sunny  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 22:00 Prez

Wow! Either the playoffs were fixed this year or the Giants were destined to win. EVERYTHING just went their way once the game was on the line. Either way, YAY! \o/  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 21:56 banddirector

Congrats Blue!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 21:56 Hoop

YES!
Nice work Giants.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 20:41 Cutter

Good luck Bill Belicheat and the Cheatriots!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 19:41 Ant

Go commercials!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 18:05 DNForever

I used to go to Univ. of Pittsburgh games before I started hating college football, and in 2004 when we played Miami during warmups we chanted "don't feed Wilfork" at Vince Wilfork and he was really cool about it, seemed to think it was pretty funny. He smiled and waved and was laughing. The one guy we yelled stuff at got all pissed and faked like he was gonna throw a ball at us, but Wilfork was cool. (the student section is close to the field at Heinz) I just saw Wilfork featured on a pregame story and he has kids and a wife and still seems to be a really nice guy. I'm glad he made it to the NFL. But I still hope the Giants win today.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 17:43 Pankin

I only found out which teams were playing just a couple days ago, that's how closely I follow football.

Aren't I just the coolest?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 17:36 Hoop

"Humble moss helped to cool Earth"
How do they know it's humble?
I say it's the most arrogant moss around, hated & feared by all other moss & fauna, just a right bastard of a moss.

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 17:08 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo