Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hold Your ME3 Save Games

There may be reason to hold onto Mass Effect 3 save games, reports GamerZines, where they relate quotes from BioWare associate producer Mike Gamble suggesting that like Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, your saved game from the next installment in the action/RPG series may have a use in a future game. "It wouldn't be a bad idea (to keep your ME3 saves)" he playfully, but mysteriously suggests. "Obviously I can't say anything, but it wouldn't be a bad idea..." Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 7, 2012, 04:01 eRe4s3r

Well because EA is not gonna waste Bioware on an FPS when Dice could be making it.... And if dice makes it, it might even be good.

Also Mass Effect is at best 50% shooter... there is a considerable amount of dialog to be had... compared to actual shooters like BF3 or MW3.

You answered your own question anyway. Bioware makes rpgs with action. If they make first person there would be a jarring disconnect every time we have dialog. Atm it flows very nice together because we always see our character - if thats taken away mass effect is no longer mass effect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 6, 2012, 18:36 Jerykk

Do you really think Bioware will make an FPS? Thats about as likely as a rain of gold pellets.

Why not? The ME games are 90% shooter anyway. Switching from third-person to first-person doesn't seem like that great of a leap.

24. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 6, 2012, 08:02 eRe4s3r

The first 3 are apparently good.. the 4th is the bad one.  

23. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 6, 2012, 06:46 panbient

yonder wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 04:21:
Creston is the only one here who seems to have an ounce of imagination.

How is posting the most realistic perspective in the thread indicative of being the most imaginative?

I also think what you describe as a 'game where you play as Liara' has been attempted in the past with titles like Final Fantasy X-2 and the other offshoots about the side characters from part 7, they paled compared to the originals in every way. I was barely interested in some of my crew members enough to finish their missions, why would I want to play a game based around them? Liara? Not when I can choose Tali, Garrus or Wrex first.

Going back to the whole MMO rumour that's floated around for a while I can see the save game being used to determine what sort of unique starting gear you'd get as opposed to store specific pre-order bonuses.

C'mon buddy, use your head a bit. Just because they say "hold onto your save" doesn't mean they're going to make you a custom game.

22. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 6, 2012, 04:21 yonder

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 17:00:
Do you really think Bioware will make an FPS? Thats about as likely as a rain of gold pellets.

They'll make whatever EA orders them to make. Like, for example, a sequel to a long-dead RTS that no one cares about.

Creston is the only one here who seems to have an ounce of imagination. Think back to Dragonlance books or The Neverending Story or something like that people. We'll be playing the side missions. The tangents. The people whose lives were touched briefly. Maybe we'll even get to play crew members.

What would you think of a game set between ME1 and ME2 where you play as Liara?

C'mon guys, use your imagination a bit. Just because they say "hold onto the saved game files" doesn't mean it's going to be a continuation of the single main story.

I *HOPE* this is what they're going to do. It's what they SHOULD have done with Dragon Age 2. *sigh*

21. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 23:36 Sepharo

Okay, so maybe the books aren't as good as I've been hearing...

Should I still bother with the first two?

20. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 12:43 PHJF

As if movies based on video games weren't bad enough.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 10:37 eRe4s3r

Were you kidding with that or is it true? I mean, i have seen the google doc with the 4th book Errors and had a good laugh how wrong he got the Quarians (Like how is that even possible?) and the dozens of timeline errors (which are easy to make if theres 2 books by someone else to keep track of)

It really makes you wonder how many people from Bioware actually READ the book though.... not that I could fault them for not reading it...

18. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 07:48 Jonny

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 17:30:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 17:22:
Keep hearing good things about the novels, might be the next thing I pickup after I finish the Dark Tower series.
The first 3 books were pretty good. Though the 4th book has some pretty lackluster reviews, since it's a different author.

I've read some of William C. Dietz' game novels and they've all been awful in a league all their own. When he writes a direct novelization of a game he tends to just write exactly what you do in the game with the barest minimum of extra effort.

The Dark Forces novella, for example, has lines like "Kyle ran down the corridor, an Imperial officer appeared to his left, Katarn shot him and scooped up the large red key he dropped."

17. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 06:06 entr0py

I would bet they're considering another single player Mass Effect game with a different protagonist. It's way too soon for them to do another sci-fi MMO without competing with themselves. And to say that you'll still need your saved games to play DLC for THIS game is obvious-you'll still need your install for that matter. The last option is a game that is mostly regular ass non-massive multi-player. But they've got no track record there. So mostly single player it is.  

16. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 04:17 KilrathiAce

Bioware should invest into improving their engine tech before going out and telling us how great everything will be. Oh and while at it how about go back to a true rpg type of feeling to their games as well... but I highly doubt it.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

15. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 02:50 eRe4s3r

As long as we get to make choices and shoot stuff dynamically it ain't an interactive movie I played one of these back then in 1990's hardland.. or hardcop or hardline, or whatever.. and we are still miles away from that  

14. Re: ME4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9....... Feb 4, 2012, 23:16 Creston

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 16:03:
I loved Mass Effect, and have read every Mass Effect novel to date, but I didn't feel like Mass Effect 2 did anything to advance the story whatsoever. I know many people were huge fans of ME2, but after ME1's epic story, ME2's just felt anti-climatic to me. And with this "Hold onto your saved games" message, it is looking like they are going to drag the story out as long as indefinitely possible.

I'm still pretty sure they're done with the Shepard/Reaper storyline, because after the Reapers invade the galaxy, it's kinda hard to put the genie back into the bottle, so to speak.

But they're going to make more Mass Effect games (they announced that years ago), and if they set them after ME3, it makes sense to have some decisions and situations carry over.

Creston

13. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 22:33 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 17:00:
Now.. if they make a game like Skyrim (or even GTA) in a Mass Effect setting, with multiple planets and space-travel.. then that could be even more awesome

Bioware only makes interactive virtual movies now.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 20:57 Burrito of Peace

Bioware:

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Rizzor/beatingadeadhorse.gif

11. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 20:36 Fion

I hate when books contain massive spelling, grammar or even worse, lore errors (the last especially in books based on a game, tv show, etc).  

10. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 19:41 nin

Sepharo wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 17:22:
Keep hearing good things about the novels, might be the next thing I pickup after I finish the Dark Tower series.

I'd stay away from the most recent one...

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/02/03

http://kotaku.com/5882185/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 18:26 Fion

I'm gonna be replaying Me and ME2 before this hits just so all three are fresh in my mind when ME3 hits. So I'll hold on to my saves for what ever DLC or time travel twist is introduced.  

8. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 18:14 panbient

I figure there's a surprise twist time travel paradox ending and you actually end up causing/becoming the introduction to the original game only this time you can go through ME1 with super duper powers.

Or DLC. Probably DLC.

But a time travel/you're your grandpa twist after 3 games would be epic. Have to release ME1 on the PS3 somehow.

7. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 4, 2012, 18:05 Crustacean Soup

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo