Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans

The Team Fortress 2 Blog has a big update on upcoming plans for Valve's multiplayer shooter. This includes word on plans to finally release the Pyro installment in the series of "Meet the Team" shorts. the Second Annual Saxxy Awards, a Steam Workshop Blog, and a "secret project." Here's what they are revealing about this secret for now:

A Secret TF2 Project!
The TF2 team is working on something brand new for 2012. We can't tell you what it is, because they won't tell us, but what they WILL say is that it isn't a hat, it isn't a map, and go away. From this we can only conclude that the TF2 team is working on some ungodly hat-map hybrid that you can wear on your head while you run around in it. You heard it here first. Also last, because they just told us it's not that either. But it's really cool.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 21:10 hoolaparara

Apparently they've signed an exclusive deal with a high price italian shoe maker to sell digital versions!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 13:55 Dev

Once again we can see where valve's interest lies

I'm going to predict it will involve hats in some way.

16. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 09:22 Muscular Beaver

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 06:23:
Beelzebud wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:19:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:18:
I still miss medic's old ability to give people plague. He was so much more fun to play then.

I miss that as well. I also miss Rock2, where the goal was to release the nerve gas and kill the enemy team. There was a limited amount of hazard suits and you'd all be racing to get to them before the gas went off.

Oh yeah! That map was awesome...

Whole TFC was awesome. Much better gameplay-wise than this dumbed down crap that calls itself TF2.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

15. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 08:38 subx

I played TF to death for a good two or three years, I stopped playing over a decade ago.

I remember an interview with Robin Walker where he said it was a shame that people kept copying TF and didn't come up with original ideas.

Ha!

P.S. Spazball!

14. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 07:23 CommunistHamster

SP campaign! They've been practising on TF2 so that they're still in shape with their SP making skills.  

13. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 06:23 Silicon Avatar

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:19:
I still miss medic's old ability to give people plague. He was so much more fun to play then.

I miss that as well. I also miss Rock2, where the goal was to release the nerve gas and kill the enemy team. There was a limited amount of hazard suits and you'd all be racing to get to them before the gas went off.

Oh yeah! That map was awesome...

12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 06:05 Prez

Yeah, because no one wants anymore Half-Life.

At this point I'm beginning to fear what shape any more of Half-life series would take. Valve really seems wholly committed to the F2P / microtransaction thing. I am starting to doubt that any Half-Life game they release at this point would even resemble what I've been hoping for for years. They've certainly given no indication that the property is even important to them for a long time at any rate.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 04:46 ViRGE

Hey, they're finally finishing the Meet The Team advertisements. And it only took them 5 years!  

10. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 02:06 TheEmissary

Maybe they are bringing back class specific grenades from TFC.  

9. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 01:57 mag

Pauldrons. Can't be anything else.  

8. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 01:45 wallace321

I hope it's Hunted Mode.  

7. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 01:34 Bumpy

A grain sharpening setting in Video Options?  

6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 01:19 Beelzebud

5. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 00:18 Silicon Avatar

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 3, 2012, 23:41 Kosumo

Demo crab wtf!  

3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 3, 2012, 23:37 Beelzebud

Wearable sandwich boards, for advertising and product placement?  

2. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 3, 2012, 22:41 Cutter

Yeah, because no one wants anymore Half-Life.
Furious2

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 3, 2012, 22:18 MrRadicalEd

bracelets...  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo