Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week

BF3blog has word that EA says that Battlefield 3 sold 10 million copies worldwide across all platforms through the end of last year. They also share indications that new DLC for the military shooter sequel will be announced as soon as next week: "You’re going to hear some announcements from us on Battlefield actually as early as next week in an event we’ve got in New York."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 18:22 RailWizard

WarpCrow wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 13:02:
The whole selling maps thing is one reason why I just can't get into modern FPS games. I still play games like Counterstrike and even HL2: Deathmatch on occasion, mostly because of the fun player-made maps. The mod community is the only reason they're still alive, and it's really sad to see games abandoning that just so the devs can sell their own maps at 15 bucks a pack.

CS has always had a cult-like following I've never really understood. Is it a good game? Sure, but so was bf1942 and the plethora of mods for it. About the only reason I can think that more people aren't still playing the old BF's is because of sequel death. There are 2 CS games, and there are many BF's. The sequels were especially hard on the mod scene.

I'd probably go back and play 1942(and mods) more willingly if it had proper widescreen support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 18:16 RailWizard

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 12:19:
Bleh, selling maps. I remember when that was considered sacrilege. Even DICE used to be of the opinion that they would never sell maps, and that was like a month before Back to Karkand. Game companies/publishers are just way too greedy these days.

err well every BF game has had expansions, tho most have also had free maps added too. Has the CoD series ever had free anything added to it? Genuine question...

11. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 13:02 WarpCrow

The whole selling maps thing is one reason why I just can't get into modern FPS games. I still play games like Counterstrike and even HL2: Deathmatch on occasion, mostly because of the fun player-made maps. The mod community is the only reason they're still alive, and it's really sad to see games abandoning that just so the devs can sell their own maps at 15 bucks a pack.  

10. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 12:31 venomhed

EA/Dice

Fuck your DLC, fix and balance the game first and concentrate on removing the haxors

9. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 12:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bleh, selling maps. I remember when that was considered sacrilege. Even DICE used to be of the opinion that they would never sell maps, and that was like a month before Back to Karkand. Game companies/publishers are just way too greedy these days.  

8. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 09:46 TangledThorns

I want to see more than just some new land maps. I'd like to see a return to sea game play. Gun boats and fast attack boats for example.  

7. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 09:29 The Half Elf

RailWizard wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:04:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 22:05:
rumor is that it's going to be a US based map pack, New York, Los Angeles, Miami etc.

Homefront had the right idea, just really, really poor execution, so maybe BF3 will do it up right.

Well they've done it already, so it wouldn't be a new idea. It was a map pack for BF2.

Yeah but it was the best pack for BF2, so bring it on.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 02:56 DangerDog

RailWizard wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:04:
rumor is that it's going to be a US based map pack, New York, Los Angeles, Miami etc.

Homefront had the right idea, just really, really poor execution, so maybe BF3 will do it up right.

Well they've done it already, so it wouldn't be a new idea. It was a map pack for BF2.

Yep, I think it sold more than the "euro forces" one. I'm sure they looked at how many copies of "armored fury" they sold and decided to base their map pack off of it.

Hopefully they add some "special forces" features to it, would love to see the return of grapple hook and zip line.

5. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 4, 2012, 00:04 RailWizard

4. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 3, 2012, 23:47 Zyrxil

No, that's bad summation on Blue's part. In the period up to Dec 31, 2011, it has sold 10 million copies.  

3. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 3, 2012, 22:50 born2expire

"Battlefield 3 sold 10 million copies worldwide across all platforms through the end of next year"

I think that it's speculation that it will sell 10 million by the end of 2012, or at least my impression of "marketing speak".

2. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 3, 2012, 22:45 Cutter

There's no way they sold 10 mil. Pfft.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 3, 2012, 22:05 DangerDog

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo