Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer

The Natural Selection 2 Website announces that a new build of the Natural Selection 2 beta is now available to those who have preordered Unknown Worlds' upcoming action/strategy sequel. The update is codenamed "Gorilla," as it includes the Onos, the game's fifth, and final alien race. This is accompanied by screenshots, a new gameplay trailer and complete patch notes for the new beta.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 19:10 yuastnav

PHJF wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 13:42:
It seems as if they made it less competitive and fast and more creepy and dark, which was probably what they intended Natural Selection 1 to be.

Until they add "combat" mode.

Well, to be fair: their intention was to make it easier for new players, that is why they added sort of a lite version of the game and that is also the reason why they are not going to add on to Natural Selection 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 17:51 |oR|jonvall

Drezden wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 12:47:
I bought this last christmas when they had their 2 for 1 sale so I could give a copy to a buddy. It has never been playable since really. I realize it's a beta but when I can barely play the game to even test it, it makes it kind of hard. There are only like... I want to say 18 servers available, and the only 2 that ever have people on them are in Europe. So my ping was always shit even with a fiber op connection. Compound onto that how unoptimized the beta was and it was laggy as hell. Fun when I could actually manage to kill someone, not so fun the rest of the time when you can't find anyone to play with. Hope this eventually changes. Maybe this build has improved on things, I will have to check.

This entire post is meaningless! You lost me right at..."I realize it's a beta BUT......."

The game is quite playable and has been for some time.....albeit incomplete.

BTW.....I only bought the beta to support the team for giving me a free kick ass game the first time around!

9. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 17:20 Mad Max RW

Looks pretty goddamn amazing. I loved the original but the one thing that killed it for me was other players. Just one guy could ruin the whole thing. Either through lag or stupidity or griefing. With such a niche game it will be even harder to build as large a player base as a free Half Life modification.  

8. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 15:46 Evil Timmy

OHNOES

Everybody donce!

7. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 13:49 ASeven

Well, the silver lining is that this game will have full modtools which means talented modders can and probably will mod this game to be more faithful to the original.  

6. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 13:42 PHJF

It seems as if they made it less competitive and fast and more creepy and dark, which was probably what they intended Natural Selection 1 to be.

Until they add "combat" mode.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 12:47 Trevellian

I bought this last christmas when they had their 2 for 1 sale so I could give a copy to a buddy. It has never been playable since really. I realize it's a beta but when I can barely play the game to even test it, it makes it kind of hard. There are only like... I want to say 18 servers available, and the only 2 that ever have people on them are in Europe. So my ping was always shit even with a fiber op connection. Compound onto that how unoptimized the beta was and it was laggy as hell. Fun when I could actually manage to kill someone, not so fun the rest of the time when you can't find anyone to play with. Hope this eventually changes. Maybe this build has improved on things, I will have to check.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

4. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 12:38 bhcompy

Only 18 years too late  

3. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 12:38 yuastnav

Oh my, I think pre-orders started in May 2009 or something and the first release date was Fall 2009. Some people even fell for that. :/

Haven't played the game in months, mostly because it wasn't really playable. At first it ran slow because my video card was too old and too slow but after I upgraded I noticed that there were a lot of issues concerning lag and connection problems.

I really loved Natural Selection (probably sunk several thousand hours into it) and the direction they chose for this one is interesting. It seems as if they made it less competitive and fast and more creepy and dark, which was probably what they intended Natural Selection 1 to be.
I guess it will be a good game once they remove all the issues but I'll really miss those 5+ hour games/rounds, though they became rarer after 3.0 came out. :/

2. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 11:06 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 11:01:
Is this thing ever coming out?

According to the trailer, this summer.

Bought the game when it was alpha to support the indie devs, I have to say this game came a long way. There's still a lot to fix and optimize and balance but they sure made a lot of ground this past year.

1. Re: New Natural Selection 2 Beta; Trailer Feb 3, 2012, 11:01 Cutter

Is this thing ever coming out?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo