Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

THQ's Losses

THQ's latest financial report has more of the bad new for the company, showing losses and inspiring the company to cut its forecast for the full year. This also has details on THQ's recently announced refocus, and also has word that: "The company also has in development two unannounced core titles for release in fiscal 2013."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 14:07 ASeven

Holy shit, THQ's stock losses at 25% today. This is really it I fear, very hard to recover from this downward spiral.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 12:55 Verno

ochentay4 wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 10:47:
This does surprise me a little. Homefront sold well, Space Marine sold very well (despite beign a crap game, I cant finish the game cause its boring and repetitive), and Armageddon despite beign crap put up a fight. THQ is going downhill. I really hope they dont fuck up Metro: Last Light.

The only reason those games sold well was the sheer amount of money THQ dropped into marketing them. They were barely profitable after marketing and dev costs.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

14. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 12:34 yuastnav

Making Guerilla open world was definitely a good design choice.
Doing the opposite to Armageddon was not.

13. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 10:47 ochentay4

This does surprise me a little. Homefront sold well, Space Marine sold very well (despite beign a crap game, I cant finish the game cause its boring and repetitive), and Armageddon despite beign crap put up a fight. THQ is going downhill. I really hope they dont fuck up Metro: Last Light.  

12. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 10:43 ochentay4

vacs wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 04:40:
Creston wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 22:57:
Oh THQ. If only you'd done Red Faction Guerilla II :P

Armaggedon was not as bad as people make it (I actually enjoyed as long as it lasted) but a Guerilla II would have been at least 10 times more exciting, that's for sure.
Armageddon was totally crap. Absolutely boring gameplay. Couldnt finish cause its unbearable. Absolutely repetitive.

11. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 10:42 ochentay4

Oh THQ. If only you'd done Red Faction Guerilla II

Creston
I was thinking exactly the same.

10. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 10:22 Wildone

Yea finally Volition can start on Freespace 3!!!!  

9. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 10:13 ASeven

nin wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 10:06:
I fear THQ is done for

It certainty doesn't sound good, based on everything that's been announced this week. Though all I really care about is where Volition lands.

It makes me wonder if all those rumors a few weeks ago of THQ folding were true after all. There are now rumblings that the WH40K has been canceled for good as well.

8. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 10:06 nin

I fear THQ is done for

It certainty doesn't sound good, based on everything that's been announced this week. Though all I really care about is where Volition lands.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 09:56 ASeven

The massive layoffs and restructuring and now this, I fear THQ is done for, nothing short of a miracle can prevent THQ from going under and with the same administration still in charge it's going to need a huge miracle indeed.  

6. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 09:55 Verno

nin wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 09:13:

Armaggedon was not as bad as people make it (I actually enjoyed as long as it lasted) but a Guerilla II would have been at least 10 times more exciting, that's for sure.

I still don't understand why, as well liked as G was, why they went a totally different direction with the next one, talking away what everyone liked. The only thing I could figure was it was designed as a quick cash in...

Yeah that never made much sense. PlinkingCotton or someone else used to defend this as a return to the series roots but the first games were always gimmicky, mediocre stuff anyway. People liked RFG despite the flaws and they really needed to do was improve on the base they had built. Instead they went the opposite direction and basically made it way too simplistic and linear. It did a few interesting things but was generally just another corridor shooting experience with a lame story.

It's a shame because they basically killed the franchise due to being greedy, they shit out RFA quickly and didn't give the fans what they wanted.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

5. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 09:13 nin

I still don't understand why, as well liked as G was, why they went a totally different direction with the next one, talking away what everyone liked. The only thing I could figure was it was designed as a quick cash in...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 09:11 Burrito of Peace

How long did that Red Faction TV show on SyFy last?

I remember making it through the first episode and being struck by how cheesy the acting was and how hackneyed the writing was.

3. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 3, 2012, 04:40 vacs

2. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 2, 2012, 22:57 Creston

Oh THQ. If only you'd done Red Faction Guerilla II

Creston

1. Re: THQ's Losses Feb 2, 2012, 22:52 Wildone

Wheres the guy on here who thinks the CEO deserves his salary  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..