Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

War in the East: Don to the Danube This Month

Matrix Games announces Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube, a new expansion for War in the East, the World War II strategy game. Here's word on the game, which is due later this month:

The critically and fan acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945). Don to the Danube and the War in the East system gives players unprecedented control over pivotal operations in the Second World War like Operation Uranus, the encirclement of the 6th German Army at Stalingrad, the Cherkassy Pocket and much more. Don to the Danube also takes full advantage of the hefty number of new features and rule changes that come with the massive 1.06.00 update and incorporates a full new Editor manual as well.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: War in the East: Don to the Danube This Month Feb 3, 2012, 10:31 Ashley

Epic, awesome, the computer wargamer's wargame.

Unfortunately, requiring players to use their own brain doesn't make money anymore, hence the higher price to compensate for less units sold. Well worth it to the players who want a rich experience as opposed to 'dumbed down' restrictive 'hand holding'.

I will easily play this one for the next five years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: War in the East: Don to the Danube This Month Feb 3, 2012, 08:16 bfg9000

I enjoy it but yes it was very expensive  

2. Re: War in the East: Don to the Danube This Month Feb 3, 2012, 07:04 JaguarUSF

I concur.  

1. Re: War in the East: Don to the Danube This Month Feb 2, 2012, 23:28 eRe4s3r

I don't know any other game thats any more niche than this one. Heck I love most of all games, but this? This is just.. too much.

Also too expensive. I can get Mass Effect 3 Super Deluxe Makes you breakfast and has 6 out of 52 DLC's Edition for 50€ but matrix games wants near 70€ for the base-game of something that looks more or less like a board-game ... talk about disparity. No wonder they have to raise prices, at that price nobody who doesn't really really want it buys it, so they never expand the userbase and thus can never lower the prices.

And so, wargaming forever remains in the clutches of a company who's only goal apparently is to not increase the market for realistic wargames. Weirdness

By the way.. i find myself checking my other posts in the past regularly complaining about the prices on Matrix Games store. I remember because Distant Worlds is also so terrible expensive for basically being a better spreadsheet where playing the game means you have to let the game play itself more and more.. talk about the entirely wrong direction for 4x games.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2012, 05:43.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo