Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

THQ Confirms Cuts

A THQ investor report (Adobe Acrobat format) has a confirmation of recent word of layoffs at the company, saying this will impact as many as 240 "selling, general and administrative personnel." THQ CEO Brian Farrell will also take a one-year 50% pay cut, from $718,500 to $359,250. This follows recent word that the company is exiting its relationships with kids’ licensed entertainment companies. Thanks Edge. Update: The number of layoffs was originally listed as 24 due to a typo. Apologies for the error.

View
14. Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Feb 2, 2012, 09:25 Verno

Nuukee wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 08:13:
I don't know where all this bad attitude comes from.
I think this is a very respectable step and I appreciate that. Many companies should learn from that ... typically only normal workforce suffers, while the managers get a fat bonus. So, heads up from me.

Plus, I really like THQ to stay. EA and Activision can go to hell with their BF x and CoD x.
THQ brings out new and fresh IP like the Metro game for a budget price (got it for 30€ lauch day and it included Red Faction Guerilla) while EA and Activision can get away with their 50-60€ CoD and BF shit and earn tons of money with it

Hope there will be more supporting them.

A lot of people lost their jobs due to this guy mismanaging this company into oblivion over the past four years but everyone should respect his decision to take a one year pay cut? From 750k to 350k, yeah hes a real saint. THQs IP portfolio is not the creative experience you'd have us believe either, there is plenty of silly shit like uDraw and dumb wrestling game iterations. EA and Activision have brought out new IP in addition to their yearly stuff just like THQ has.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 1, 21:19 Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Beamer
  4. Feb 1, 21:31  Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Bhruic
  5. Feb 1, 21:40   Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Beamer
  2. Feb 1, 21:23 Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Wallshadows
  3. Feb 1, 21:28  Re: THQ Confirms Cuts nin
  9. Feb 2, 03:30  Re: THQ Confirms Cuts eRe4s3r
  6. Feb 1, 21:55 Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Cutter
  7. Feb 1, 22:43  Re: THQ Confirms Cuts Krovven