Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More The Old Republic Stats

In addition to the 1.7 million active subscriber statistic in the story above, EA also announces more figures to demonstrate the success of Star Wars: The Old Republic, their new MMORPG, saying the games next update will be released in the spring, offering "even more content, new game systems and additional guild features." Here are some stats from the game's first month:

• Over 239 million in-game hours, or over 332,000 months and over 27,000 years of in-game time
  • Over 20 billion NPCs killed
  • Over 148 billion credits spent

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 20:22 Sepharo

There's a group at work of about 8 doing 3 "raids" a week. I didn't level as fast as they all did and decided to cancel before my first payment came up.

The only aspects I liked were the voiced dialog and Star Wars setting... The rest is just usual ol' MMO stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 18:52 robcd

The amount of unwarranted hate and trolling this game is getting is amazing. It also goes to show how shitty the MMO community has become.

The Internet vs Bioware was an interesting read, whether you play the game or not.

13. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 13:28 Glykon

Nomaar wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 10:28:
Glykon wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 03:13:
The game is dead already.
Absolutely nothing to do after 1-2 weeks of becoming 50.
Its a bigger flop even than AoC; I guess thats why they feel the need to try to post some stupid statistics...lame.

You stopped playing, so the game can be declared dead? Thanks for letting me know. I guess you should tell that to the other 1,699,000 subscribers.

Dream on fanboy. Only lies. On my server, like all servers I have friends on, there are like max 2-300 on republic side and maybe like 500 on empire side. Thats only for abt 6 hours per day, all rest the average is abt 100 republic and like 170 empire. Try to make the math and to get that 1.7 mil the claim. Total PR bs.
When you have like 16 hours per day like 10 ppl in Fleet and on max like 50, from all the levels 10-50 thats a dead game after only abt 1 month after start.
I played kinda all mmorpgs starting with Meridian 59 and I know the signs very well.
And also I have one level 50 that finished all and even that I tried to level up another I couldnt bare another "story" cause all the other quests and "planets" are the same for all chars.
We started like 6 friends we all stoped now cause abs nothing to do.
And for the guy who said its wow stayle raiding....nah not even, its soo much easier; its only one decent fight from ALL the 2 raids...

Ah and also I am in a good guild with abt 100 ppl and with abt 70 ppl already 50. Almost all of them just log once per week, do the weekly hard raid and thats all. And they do that cause its nothing else to play yet.

12. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 12:53 Fion

I'm with LgFriess, it's very 'KOTOR' in leveling. Unfortunately yea, at 50 the core game completely changes to WoW style raiding, which I knew was going to happen but I was still baffled about.

In the end I'm still switching to GW2 when it hits. I'm happy it won't have raiding frankly and I hope it is successful enough to get this damn genre out the boring mind numbing grindfest that is 'raiding' as end game.

11. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 11:23 LgFriess

I'm playing a level 46 merc healer and am still having a great time with the game... which is actually very surprising for me. I was sure MMO burnout wouldn't let me play another WoW clone and thought my next shot at having MMO type of fun would be with GW2 as it seems to be quite a bit different.

I'm still worried about end game though. Once the KOTOR3 part of the game is over (the leveling process that is), will the end game keep my attention enough to keep up a sub? Dunno. I do plan on leveling several alts though as the story/leveling process has been fun.

We'll see. If you're into MMO's at all, and even if you're burned out on them, at least give it a shot. It's worth leveling at least one character.

10. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 10:34 Verno

Nomaar wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 10:28:
Its a bigger flop even than AoC; I guess thats why they feel the need to try to post some stupid statistics...lame.

You stopped playing, so the game can be declared dead? Thanks for letting me know. I guess you should tell that to the other 1,699,000 subscribers.

It'll be interesting to see retention figures over the next few months, particularly with some big name SP games coming out to take the focus away. That 100 mil they made on sales + first month probably doesn't fully cover the dev + marketing costs. I suspect the game will be profitable but the three and six month figures are going to be crucial. They had a great launch window which goes a long way though.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

9. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 10:28 Nomaar

8. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 10:00 Wallshadows

I'm fine with giving Bioware time to put together more end game content, the next being next month. I've been pretty bored but that is mostly due to the fact that all my guild members are either too busy to play when I am on or that my close irl friends will not logged in/resub until said content arrives.

My solution to boredom is to experience each story line but not everyone can endure multiple Nar Shaddaa play-through.

7. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 05:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Xirix wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 01:15:
The game was fun for about a week.
I actually made it for about 3 weeks, it was fun. I've still got another month of play time that I might get into it. The problem is, the game has a very "merhgahlash" feel to it with enemies and combat.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 03:13 Glykon

5. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 2, 2012, 01:15 Xirix

The game was fun for about a week.  

4. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 1, 2012, 23:41 Kawlisse

I love stats !  

3. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 1, 2012, 23:21 Fion

MrGrosser wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 22:48:
Yeah, who cares about stats... whats their gearscore..

LMAO

2. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 1, 2012, 22:48 MrGrosser

Yeah, who cares about stats... whats their gearscore..  

1. Re: More The Old Republic Stats Feb 1, 2012, 21:31 Sempai

Posted stats like these are retarded.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo