Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Patch

The Bethesda Blog has word that a new version 1.4 patch for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now automatically available though Steam. Word is: "Today we’ve taken Skyrim’s 1.4 update out of beta and made it available for everyone on Steam. In addition to bug and quest fixes, 1.4 adds launcher support for the Skyrim Workshop. Currently we’re putting the final touches on the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop and will let everyone know as soon as they’re up." Here's a Creation Kit & Skyrim Workshop Preview video, and here's the change list:

NEW FEATURES

• Skyrim launcher support for Skyrim Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

• General optimizations for memory and performance
  • Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequins in player’s house (PS3)
  • Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
  • Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
  • Memory optimizations related to scripting
  • Fixed issue with dangling scripts not properly clearing from memory
  • Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
  • Fixed crash in “Haemar’s Shame” if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
  • Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
  • Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
  • Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
  • Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
  • Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
  • Optimized bookshelf script in player-owned houses that would occasionally block other scripts from properly firing off
  • Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player
  • immediately visits their house before purchasing any upgrades
  • Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
  • Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
  • Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
  • Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
  • Fixed memory crash with container menu
  • Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
  • Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally fail
  • Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
  • Fixed occasional audio issue that would play sound effects louder than intended
  • Fixed bug related to hitching between cell boundaries
  • Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
  • Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and
  • Italian versions

QUEST FIXES

• The Unusual Gem that was inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
  • In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
  • Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
  • Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly
  • Fixed issue where progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests
  • In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
  • In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
  • Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
  • In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
  • “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
  • Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
  • Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
  • In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
  • In “Revealing the Unseen”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
  • “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
  • Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
  • “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
  • Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
  • In “The Break of Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
  • Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
  • Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
  • “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
  • Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
  • Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
  • Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
  • In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
  • In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
  • Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
  • Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 3, 2012, 11:58 ^Drag0n^

Ugh...anyone else getting random Crash to Desktop with this patch? I was rock stable before, now it goes ka-bloink after about an hour of play.

Ugh.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 2, 2012, 13:24 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 21:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:08:
For load order sorting? Hows that supposed to work? Do you really believe valve will manage a BOSS list? Not to mention you have mods with dozens of esm's and esp's they'll will have to do a bit more than just set some flags, most mods have dozens of install options.

Hah, at best this is a download and drop in folder nonsense, a proper mod manager will still be required making this workshop entirely useless, because we already got a better workshop, skyrim nexus and their mod-downloader/manager which means, the workshop is at best a download utility, but with crappy search and no proper community behind it.

This will be one of the most useless things ever done, can't believe they delayed the CS for that.

To be fair, this is aimed at the people who currently DON'T use mods. The hardcore are going to stick with Wrye Bash and BOSS and NMM anyways. But for the people who've never tried a mod and want to maybe download one or two, this could work out very well.

But yeah, still, if they really start enjoying it, and download 20 mods, and shit breaks, they're going to complain on the forum.

Creston

Agreed. Honestly, this product isn't aimed at the hardcore gamers that make use of NMM, but rather those guys that have high power rigs that may just want to try a few things out.

And hey, if they break it, the solution is validate the install (or reinstall it) .

^D^

25. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 2, 2012, 06:44 everyone

It is a pretty awful idea, isn't it? Maybe the worst...? Yeah, let's go with the worst.
Still... Yay, new patch!

24. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 22:27 eRe4s3r

And maybe worse than that - feedback for mod gets split across sites... having used the nexus for years now i don't think i will even open the tab in steam. And you now have to not just cater with "how do I install this" posts, but "steam workshop installed it for me, it doesn't work" posts..

And valve obviously relegates support for that on the mod authors.. point being, if you make mods, think twice before committing to that. The steam community is about as adult as 4chan's /b

23. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 21:45 Creston

Rhino wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 21:06:
Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly

I'm amused to no end by the description, most likely because I have no idea what it refers to having not yet encountered that quest (still relatively early on in the game). I can picture a scenario where a character dies in some ludicrous fashion; and the developers saw this and said, in an over the top, uppity accent, "I say, that simply is NOT a proper manner of dying. It is FAR too silly."

Hehehehe. "Pip pip, old chum. Would you mind awfully just going over there and having a proper croak? Much obliged!"

Creston

22. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 21:44 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:08:
For load order sorting? Hows that supposed to work? Do you really believe valve will manage a BOSS list? Not to mention you have mods with dozens of esm's and esp's they'll will have to do a bit more than just set some flags, most mods have dozens of install options.

Hah, at best this is a download and drop in folder nonsense, a proper mod manager will still be required making this workshop entirely useless, because we already got a better workshop, skyrim nexus and their mod-downloader/manager which means, the workshop is at best a download utility, but with crappy search and no proper community behind it.

This will be one of the most useless things ever done, can't believe they delayed the CS for that.

To be fair, this is aimed at the people who currently DON'T use mods. The hardcore are going to stick with Wrye Bash and BOSS and NMM anyways. But for the people who've never tried a mod and want to maybe download one or two, this could work out very well.

But yeah, still, if they really start enjoying it, and download 20 mods, and shit breaks, they're going to complain on the forum.

Creston

21. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 21:06 Rhino

Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly

I'm amused to no end by the description, most likely because I have no idea what it refers to having not yet encountered that quest (still relatively early on in the game). I can picture a scenario where a character dies in some ludicrous fashion; and the developers saw this and said, in an over the top, uppity accent, "I say, that simply is NOT a proper manner of dying. It is FAR too silly."

20. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 20:08 ^Drag0n^

Slashman wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:12:
Stop being a packrat!!! Wiseguy

LOL...I know. I know...

^D^

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2012, 13:11.

19. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 20:08 eRe4s3r

18. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:12 Slashman

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:08:
Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:02:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:53:
I'm assuming that the compiler and performance optimizastions means that the SESV Accelleratio Layer mod(s) are no longer needed(?) anyone that's home already verify this yet?

^D^

I just loaded it up to tell the difference, didn't really run around much, with Skyboost that particular area had me at around 42fps. its at 50 now with the new patch and Skyboost removed.

Ah, cool. One less mod I need to lean on. Right now, I'm just using SkyUI and "Better Item Descriptions."

Would be great if they had a "give all"/"store all" option in SkyUI when you store things. Such a pain in the ass to empty your pockets...

^D^

Thanks.

Stop being a packrat!!! Wiseguy

17. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:08 ^Drag0n^

Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:02:
I'm assuming that the compiler and performance optimizastions means that the SESV Accelleratio Layer mod(s) are no longer needed(?) anyone that's home already verify this yet?

^D^

I just loaded it up to tell the difference, didn't really run around much, with Skyboost that particular area had me at around 42fps. its at 50 now with the new patch and Skyboost removed.

Ah, cool. One less mod I need to lean on. Right now, I'm just using SkyUI and "Better Item Descriptions."

Would be great if they had a "give all"/"store all" option in SkyUI when you store things. Such a pain in the ass to empty your pockets...

^D^

Thanks.

16. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:04 ^Drag0n^

They should have had some mobs named Murtagh and Riggs in the Diplomatic Immunity quest.

Bring on the creation kit!!!

Hahaha! nice one Cutter. I see what you did there.

^D^

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2012, 19:09.

15. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:02 Draugr

^D^

14. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 18:59 Silicon Avatar

I tried the beta and it seemed okay. I did notice that if you already had broken quests the patch didn't always fix them. I guess it only kept you from getting a broken quest in the first place. I sort of figured that would happen though. I can just use the console to fix it.  

13. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 18:53 ^Drag0n^

^D^

12. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 18:14 Dades

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 17:57:

However, it seems like the workshop provides no tools for actually MANAGING your mods, so anyone who gets 10 or 20 or so Mods is going to cause major headaches for him/herself with load orders...

Creston

I think they laid out something about a custom ini packing file that can be used for that stuff but I guess we'll see.

11. a Feb 1, 2012, 18:11 Blackhawk

Yeah, the Steam Workshop sounds neat, but the previous few games' mod managers did a lot more than simply install and activate your plugins. Things like archive invalidation, load order, list resequencing and so forth will still need a utility.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:05.

10. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 17:57 Creston

Dades wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 17:10:
Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:48:
Woot for the patch.

However, the Skyrim Workshop better be something amazing, because it's been pretty much the sole reason for the 4 month delay on the Creation Kit...

Creston

This video of it seems pretty promising.

I like the subscribe feature. That's really all that's missing from the Nexus Mod Manager: Auto-updates.

However, it seems like the workshop provides no tools for actually MANAGING your mods, so anyone who gets 10 or 20 or so Mods is going to cause major headaches for him/herself with load orders...

Creston

9. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 17:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, one step closer to a fully patched, bargain priced, GotY version. Keep it up, Bethesda.  

8. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 17:38 Kastagir

Having participated in the beta, I knew the update contents were substantial. However, crashing to the desktop within 90 seconds of leaving Helgen wasn't a promising start.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo