Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans

Trion Worlds announces the launch of RIFT Lite, which allows anyone with a Trion account to experience the first 20 levels of RIFT for free with no playtime restrictions. Word is: "Players can create a character and experience the first 20 levels in the plane-besieged world of Telara, working their way through the zones of Terminus, Mathosia, Freemarch, Silverwood, and visiting their faction’s capital cities." This will launch alongside the upcoming version 1.7 "Carnivals of the Ascended" update for the MMORPG. This page has details on the version 1.7 update, which is "coming soon," and here are some "quality of life" improvements it will bring:

• PvP Improvements - Smoother advancement and better rewards
  • Ascended Weddings - Share eternity with your soulmate, Telara-style
  • River of Souls Chronicle - Undead adventure for two
  • New Master Mode Dungeon – Caduceus Rise
  • Expert Dungeon Overhaul - More options, better loot!
  • Better Endgame Equipment - Improved loot for your endgame Ascended

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 2, 2012, 00:37 ledhead1969

Stop trolling. He hit your BS post out of the park, just accept it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 22:04 cento

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 21:54:
Hardly. Talk to me after everyone and their dog is playing GW2.

You have revised your timeline for Rift going F2P yet again? I am so, SO surprised...

And I am actually quite looking forward to GW2, but I also know it is just a game, not the second coming.

13. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 21:54 Cutter

cento wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:55:
Plus the additional Slivers, plus the constant flow of world events, plus the new play mode of Instant Adventure (I've done almost nothing but IA in Rift since it released), plus an additional warfront, plus tons of other features ad improvements...

I think Cutter is just mad that his F2P prediction for Rift is a total bust...

Hardly. Talk to me after everyone and their dog is playing GW2.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 20:55 cento

Plus the additional Slivers, plus the constant flow of world events, plus the new play mode of Instant Adventure (I've done almost nothing but IA in Rift since it released), plus an additional warfront, plus tons of other features ad improvements...

I think Cutter is just mad that his F2P prediction for Rift is a total bust...

11. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 19:11 WyldKat

eunichron wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:40:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:27:
Have they released any real new content since launch? In a year they've put forth what? A few raid bosses and one dungeon? Not a lot of bang for your buck I'd say.

Actually they've added 3 raid instances with multiple bosses (River of Souls, Hammerknell Fortress, Gilded Prophecy). There are 10 dungeons that they continually update to be more challenging with Expert and Master modes, and unlike WoW/SWTOR the instances actually change when you switch difficulties, with more bosses and new areas opened up. There are multiple raid and dungeon sized Rifts that are puggable.

It's a lot of bang for your buck.

You forgot the entire ISLAND they added which is essentially as big as Stilmoor and Shimmersands put together. It's catered to level 50s and has tons of quests as well as more group content such as the Onslaught areas which are scaling "tower defense" types of areas.

They've also added planar attunement, which lets you advance your character after you hit level 50.

Also added are solo/duo dungeons which are a bit of fun, especially if you don't want to go immediately into raiding and the new Instant Adventures which toss you into a roving group of people who you do quests with all over the zone and each series of quests culminates in a fight with a boss, each of which has unique mechanics.

10. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 17:55 Cutter

eunichron wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:40:
Have they released any real new content since launch? In a year they've put forth what? A few raid bosses and one dungeon? Not a lot of bang for your buck I'd say.

Actually they've added 3 raid instances with multiple bosses (River of Souls, Hammerknell Fortress, Gilded Prophecy). There are 10 dungeons that they continually update to be more challenging with Expert and Master modes, and unlike WoW/SWTOR the instances actually change when you switch difficulties, with more bosses and new areas opened up. There are multiple raid and dungeon sized Rifts that are puggable.

If you like end-game grind I guess. This is to me why the MMO genre doesn't work. This is why things like Cryptic's Foundry are not only necessary, but a great idea. Imagine how much new content there'd be in a year's time if the game had released with an editor the players can use.

I so want a new NWN game that has supoort for several hundred people. Imagine the PWs you could build.

9. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 17:05 Undocumented Alien

You need to give SWTOR a little more time, it's been out for only ~ 30 days... lol. Within that 30 days they just added another Flashpoint already (plus more). They will expand the space battles. In one year SWTOR may exceed RIFT's content at the equivalent maturity of the product.

Were comparing an 8 y/o product verse a 1 y/o product verse a 1 m/o product. Apples v Oranges v Bananas

I'm loving my Sith Inquistor class story right now, SO VERY different from my Smugglers tale. Also enjoying the free WoW access too, BOTH great games. I'll probably also try RIFT since it also has the free to 20 game play.

8. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 16:40 eunichron

7. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 16:27 Cutter

6. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 15:32 WyldKat

I've gone back to Rift after leaving SWTOR, mostly because the gameplay is solid and I love the class system. Also because the end-game is head and shoulders better than SWTOR, especially stuff on the new island where there's a lot of "tower defense" type gameplay going on. Pretty fun.  

5. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 14:58 eunichron

I've actually enjoyed Rift more than I have any other recent MMO, I just made the mistake of rolling a Warrior, which is plagued with balance and design issues. My sub ran out months ago, but maybe I'll use this as an excuse to level up a different class.  

4. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 12:34 Alamar

Hasn't this game been out for 6 months yet? Why isn't it F2P?

Anyways... This is a good trend, and frankly, or perhaps, bobly, I'm surprised it took so long... Sure, some people can play for a whole year, only ever getting chars to 20 (in either/any massive), but the likelyhood of sub'n after a month or three must be much higher than the wimpy 7/10 day trials most offer.

Especially since according to Murphy, you'll end up with an extra busy week right after the trial starts and only get to play 1-2 hours on 1-2 days : )

As for Rift... I enjoyed it for a few months.. Did some raiding (server first even), but in the end, I didn't much care for the guild I was in, and finding a new home is too much of a pain : )

Plus the one button mashing playstyle for raiding, while refreshing in some cases, was insanely boring in others... I did enjoy the fight dynamics though...

-Alamar

3. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 11:57 Undocumented Alien

WoW did this play up to level 20 for free (for an unlimited time) and it got me to check it out (of which I was very impressed with the game).

Maybe once I am done with SWTOR or WoW I will give this a try.

It's a VERY good idea.

2. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 11:40 Illumin

I really wanted to like rift and alot of it I did.In the end it just didn't grab on to me.

1. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 10:46 Acleacius

Trion Worlds seem willing to work for their fans, more than most I've seen, if not all.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo