Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 19:01 Prez

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 11:12:
Funny or sad? I could get a lesser sentence for manslaughter then they got for 'copy infringement'.

I vote for "sad".

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 18:29 tuddies

Quboid wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 14:40:
Being Michael Jackson gets you 0 years in prison for allegedly having sex with little boys.

True, but he is a rank amateur when it comes to the pedo business, behind the virginity rape clinics that catholic priests run. Very few have done jailtime for the tens of thousands of rapes they have committed.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 18:26 tuddies

Here's hoping that they don't end up doing any jail time! They are the true heroes of the internet!  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 16:20 jdreyer

Funny or sad? I could get a lesser sentence for manslaughter then they got for 'copy infringement'.

They may end up not serving any time at all:

Today’s news doesn’t necessarily means that the defendants will have to go to prison. It is common in the Swedish justice system to deduct 12 months from any prison sentence on cases over 5 years old. Since the case in question meets that criteria the Pirate Bay defendants would qualify, but the decision lies with the court.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 14:40 Quboid

Halo wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 13:51:
Remember downloading Micheal Jackson albums can get your 5 years in prison as well as a hefty fine.

Killing Micheal Jackson gets you 4 years in prison with the possibility of house arrest later on.

Being Michael Jackson gets you 0 years in prison for allegedly having sex with little boys.

- Quboid

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 13:51 Halo

Remember downloading Micheal Jackson albums can get your 5 years in prison as well as a hefty fine.

Killing Micheal Jackson gets you 4 years in prison with the possibility of house arrest later on.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2012, 11:12 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo