Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Patch Plans Summary

BF3Blog sums up all the information they've gathered on the next patches for Battlefield 3, DICE's military shooter sequel. They cover tweaks and changes known to be coming to the Windows and console versions of the game, and also round up some unconfirmed tidbits from various clues they've discovered along the way.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 2, 2012, 13:33 Verno

It's really hard on maps like Caspian where there is little natural cover to use. Try to stick maps like Kharg, Oman, Canals and so on. When you hear the tone lock just stop whatever you're doing and go find something to sit behind. Having a competent gunner who will look for and destroy soflams is key though, for some reason they are really hard to destroy with rockets but the gunner shells waste them no problem.

Once you get ECM it's like night and day, its like a 8-10 sec cooldown and if your gunner has flares you're really hard to drop. I can't wait until they buff the vehicle assist points, it's kinda frustrating to only have 2k points when my gunner has like 8k points but I'm doing a solid chunk of the heavy lifting.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 2, 2012, 12:51 venomhed

I too am getting heavy into the attack chopper, but have only up to the Fire Extinguisher unlock. Sadly with the pub servers there just isn't a way to talk and coordinate.

I am getting wasted though, the Javs are kicking my ass. I wish they would make it so that evading by moving could get you away from the Jav's but they have a 100% accuracy unless you use Chaff or something similar apparently. (Aided by Soflams i mean for the jav)

It just needs to be balanced thats all, how I just don't know yet.

38. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 2, 2012, 10:43 Verno

I live in the attack heli these days, it's so much fun evading soflam/javelin people. Some people are whining about them being too numerous and unbeatable but I find ECM is pretty good and it's taught me a lot about flying using natural cover. When I get a decent gunner we just rip shit up, usually until we get rammed by a jet which is some annoying bullshit. I don't mind the getting rammed part but the whole them not blowing up too thing is fucking stupid.  

37. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 23:30 RailWizard

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:38:
Pfft, hand held guns. BF3 is all about Tanks, AA vehicles, APCs, and MG equipped ground transports.

I only get out of my vehicle to use my blowtorch.

heh have to agree with that. By land, sea, or air I am mobile whenever possible. Mostly by land tho. Race

36. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 23:25 RailWizard

MrRadicalEd wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 10:50:
I'm so sorry RailWizard! I gave you the wrong "fix"

This is what I use and it has never failed me.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624733818855/

its just a config file goof DICE failed to address.

Damn I knew there had to be an easier way hah. Thx a bunch.

35. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 16:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pfft, hand held guns. BF3 is all about Tanks, AA vehicles, APCs, and MG equipped ground transports.

I only get out of my vehicle to use my blowtorch.

34. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 14:10 venomhed

"MG36 which is bound to be nerfed since its great at everything. "

Firggin love that LMG and the G36c as well. I have noticed my accuracy has just sucked ass as of late. I am forcing myself to play in burst fire mode going forward. Any all out fire seems to go nowhere.

33. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 10:50 MrRadicalEd

I'm so sorry RailWizard! I gave you the wrong "fix"

This is what I use and it has never failed me.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624733818855/

its just a config file goof DICE failed to address.

32. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 10:36 Verno

I think the AEK is the best overall Assault gun but Assault weapons in general are very balanced and have their own unique characteristics which make it very difficult to generalize. The F2000 excels at short range due to the high ROF but you burn ammo quickly and it falls behind other weapons at 50m. It's great at winning low distance confrontations on maps like Metro and Damavand though.

The M16 and variants are all very balanced like the AEK I find. I've seen some people be real beasts with the KH2002, I should really give that gun more of a chance.

The Support guns are surprisingly similar to the point of being bland, the only real standout is the PKP which jumps too much outside of burst fire and the MG36 which is bound to be nerfed since its great at everything.

31. Re: I call B/S on this 1.... Feb 1, 2012, 10:12 born2expire

M16 are the most balanced assault weapons, great at short, med, and long ranges, yes it loses to other weapons in all those fields but no other gun covers ALL those bases ie the F2000 sucks at distance and the AK47/AN94 sucks at QCB. All that AND it has the fastest reload by a full second or more.  

30. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Feb 1, 2012, 07:07 Dades

Teddy wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 20:17:
It's also very easy to only take in negatives when that's all you want to see/hear. Only reason he reads these threads is pretty obvious from his posts. He's only reading them to look for reasons to validate his refusal to purchase, thus citing positives to him is a waste of time. He'll either dismiss them outright or come up with some excuse as to why they're invalid.

Sort of like Cutter in every SWTOR thread, only less obnoxious.

It's very easy to only take in positives and try to refute anything negative posted when you are a fanboy for the game in question.

29. Re: I call B/S on this 1.... Feb 1, 2012, 00:01 RailWizard

Shataan wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 23:38:
"the M16 variants are by far the best engie and assault weapons"

I always use them in pretty well every mil combat game I have ever played. I do not like the ballistics and overall balancing of them in BF 3 tho. I can`t count how many times I meet up with an enemy, and pull the trigger 1st.... when we are between 3 to 6 feet apart, and I end up dying. At this distance, trigger 1st pulled should get the kill.

I use the M16A3 variant mostly. And still can`t say my kills are done with any kind of accuracy/skill. Every kill feels like I got lucky. Now imho this should not be the case. So much for the absolute crap that is DICEs rock paper scizzors weap balancing.

Nope. The M16 variants were crapped upon from great heights and are imo the worst weaps ingame. I just use em cause I like the weap. To my detriment.

I don't like them either. As engy I seem to have settled on the SG553 as the best gun for me, followed by G36C.

28. I call B/S on this 1.... Jan 31, 2012, 23:38 Shataan

"the M16 variants are by far the best engie and assault weapons"

I always use them in pretty well every mil combat game I have ever played. I do not like the ballistics and overall balancing of them in BF 3 tho. I can`t count how many times I meet up with an enemy, and pull the trigger 1st.... when we are between 3 to 6 feet apart, and I end up dying. At this distance, trigger 1st pulled should get the kill.

I use the M16A3 variant mostly. And still can`t say my kills are done with any kind of accuracy/skill. Every kill feels like I got lucky. Now imho this should not be the case. So much for the absolute crap that is DICEs rock paper scizzors weap balancing.

Nope. The M16 variants were crapped upon from great heights and are imo the worst weaps ingame. I just use em cause I like the weap. To my detriment.

27. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 23:37 Cutter

Teddy wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 20:17:

Truth hurts, huh dickhole?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

26. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 20:50 RailWizard

MrRadicalEd wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 17:19:
This is your Q key fix: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624782865910/

Ooo nice. I have actually tried that program, but as I suck at scripting, I failed to make it work. I see this has more detailed info tho, so I will bookmark it in case the patch doesn't fix it. Thanks.

25. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 20:48 RailWizard

Sepharo wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 19:58:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 18:13:
1st BF game I ever skipped buying, and don't regret it for a second after playing the alpha and beta. Everytime some news is released about the game, it only confirms just how right I was.

When you're not playing the game it's pretty easy to only take in negatives.

Allow me to list a postive to counterbalance: It's tons of fun and looks great.

I have to agree. As many beefs as I have with the game, I do not regret the purchase, and I have played them all.

24. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 20:17 Teddy

Sepharo wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 19:58:
1st BF game I ever skipped buying, and don't regret it for a second after playing the alpha and beta. Everytime some news is released about the game, it only confirms just how right I was.

Allow me to list a postive to counterbalance: It's tons of fun and looks great.

It's also very easy to only take in negatives when that's all you want to see/hear. Only reason he reads these threads is pretty obvious from his posts. He's only reading them to look for reasons to validate his refusal to purchase, thus citing positives to him is a waste of time. He'll either dismiss them outright or come up with some excuse as to why they're invalid.

23. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 19:58 Sepharo

Allow me to list some positives to counterbalance: It's tons of fun and looks great.

edit: proofreading fail

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2012, 22:45.

22. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 18:50 born2expire

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:11:
Of course, this is currently moot because the FAMAS is by far the best weapon to pick, and thats not even remotely a quick to get unlock

I disagree, the M16 variants are by far the best engie and assault weapons. A lot of the leagues are not allowing the B2K weapons either, ie FAMAS.

PS Sprint is hands down the best perk, anything that gets you into position faster is a HUGE advantage.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2012, 19:01.

21. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 18:21 venomhed

"Actually they can. A Javelin can fire at anything it can lock onto, which is whatever is programmed into the CLU. "

Yes an no. They have to be slow and low flying craft such as a transport helicopter, not a jet by any stretch of the imagination.

F-10. SELF-DEFENSE AGAINST HELICOPTERS
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-21-94/appf.htm

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo