Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Patch Plans Summary

BF3Blog sums up all the information they've gathered on the next patches for Battlefield 3, DICE's military shooter sequel. They cover tweaks and changes known to be coming to the Windows and console versions of the game, and also round up some unconfirmed tidbits from various clues they've discovered along the way.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

20. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 18:13 Marvin T. Martian

1st BF game I ever skipped buying, and don't regret it for a second after playing the alpha and beta. Everytime some news is released about the game, it only confirms just how right I was.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 17:23 TangledThorns

I hope they don't fix MAV riding. Its fun and useful. Seriously, the n00bs that bitch about are just that, n00bs.  

18. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 17:20 eunichron

RailWizard wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 15:45:
A camper would say it's useless, and there are plenty of them in BF3. That said, I almost never use it either, but I still like it when others do.

Maybe not useless, but there are more useful squad perks, especially given how small some of the maps are. I use it occasionally on Kharg Island or Op Firestorm, but that's about it. Given the ubiquity of M320s, SMAW/RPGs, and frags, I would still use Flak Vest over it in most situations.

Also, I love it when people complain about camping as if it's not a valid strategy, and no, I'm not a camper.

It can be crucial in certain maps, like Metro, as the side that reaches the middle flag first usually wins.

M320 Smoke makes capping B from the opposing team a joke.

8. Soflams should NOT help a Javelin strike at any air vehicle, they can't in real life anyways.

Actually they can. A Javelin can fire at anything it can lock onto, which is whatever is programmed into the CLU.

17. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 17:19 MrRadicalEd

This is your Q key fix: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624782865910/  

16. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 16:21 venomhed

1. More Squads
2. Allow 5-6 people per squads
3. VOIP per squad so you can talk to friends or strangers.
4. Eliminate the weapon perks they are too unfair to new users. Unlock all perks as users can only choose 3 out of the lot.
5. Server side limiter that can limit how much of a class can be on a team and/or in a squad. Say limit 1 sniper per squad with 4 snipers max per team
6. Make the stinger useful, visual/manual guided fire.
7. Make the mortar useful, accurate.
8. Soflams should NOT help a Javelin strike at any air vehicle, they can't in real life anyways.
9. Soflams SHOULD help Stingers get locks on only air vehicles regardless of flares/chaff

15. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 15:49 RailWizard

Commo Rose 2.0: a complete overhaul of the Q-button communications interface, with new commands, voice overs, and more.

I sure hope this mean the spot function will finally be rebindable. As a lefty, I feel robbed of this ability.

14. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 15:45 RailWizard

Bhruic wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 14:54:
Except no one actually uses the speed perk unless you are on a new account and it's the only one you have. Extra ammo/cover/flak vest/extra explosives is a much bigger advantage.

Um, yeah, about that "no one"... Plenty of people use the speed perk. It's quite handy in numerous circumstances. The other perks you mention are situationally useful too, but there are lots of times that they are effectively useless (extra ammo for light machine guns, for example).

A camper would say it's useless, and there are plenty of them in BF3. That said, I almost never use it either, but I still like it when others do.

It can be crucial in certain maps, like Metro, as the side that reaches the middle flag first usually wins.

13. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 14:54 Bhruic

Except no one actually uses the speed perk unless you are on a new account and it's the only one you have. Extra ammo/cover/flak vest/extra explosives is a much bigger advantage.

Um, yeah, about that "no one"... Plenty of people use the speed perk. It's quite handy in numerous circumstances. The other perks you mention are situationally useful too, but there are lots of times that they are effectively useless (extra ammo for light machine guns, for example).

12. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 14:48 eunichron

Shataan wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 14:12:
"so much rank and weapons perks that a newcomer will stand no chance at all in the game"

I have always thought the overbalancing of weaps and the addition of perks did more to unbalance the game because of the reasons you state. Early on I found that I just couldn`t seem to evade fast enough. But others seemed to run way faster than me.

It took my son to get me to realize I had a speed perk. A speed perk? WTF is up with that?????? Who`d have thought that this is they kinda game crap we`d eventually have to endure from the devs????? Now we gotta sift thru all this crap and balance our Perk usage.

11. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 14:12 Shataan

"so much rank and weapons perks that a newcomer will stand no chance at all in the game"

I have always thought the overbalancing of weaps and the addition of perks did more to unbalance the game because of the reasons you state. Early on I found that I just couldn`t seem to evade fast enough. But others seemed to run way faster than me.

It took my son to get me to realize I had a speed perk. A speed perk? WTF is up with that?????? Who`d have thought that this is they kinda game crap we`d eventually have to endure from the devs????? Now we gotta sift thru all this crap and balance our Perk usage.

I fondly remember the days when all we had to do, was grab our weap layout, and hit the servers. And the real balancing or lack thereof was determined not by bullcrap rock paper scizzors, but by your guile..... or lack thereof.

10. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 14:09 DangerDog

Not sure if I'd want VOIP in BF3 with random people, it would be used to annoy and grief people too much and knowing DICE they would probably leave out a mute feature. They barely have working squad systems in the game as it is, squad deathmatch mode is broken for.. squads.

The game has devolved down to people playing 24/7 metro rush/conquest.

9. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 13:56 Teddy

Bhruic wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 13:54:
I'm glad to see the MAV riding and random deaths are being fixed, but honestly, that seems like a pretty small patch list, considering some of the issues remaining in the game.

Which isn't to say I don't enjoy the game, but I'd hope they were working on it more than it looks like they are working on it.

Bear in mind that this isn't an offical patch list from DICE or EA. This is just a list of things that a fansite was able to glean from twitter comments of devs.

8. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 13:54 Bhruic

I'm glad to see the MAV riding and random deaths are being fixed, but honestly, that seems like a pretty small patch list, considering some of the issues remaining in the game.

Which isn't to say I don't enjoy the game, but I'd hope they were working on it more than it looks like they are working on it.

7. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 13:07 Verno

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:53:
I never really bought in to the "not financially feasible" line either when you think about indie games adding VoIP without much fuss. EA had such a huge budget for BF3 and Origin you would think proper integration would have been trivial. If you consider that Steam for instance has VoIP both integrated and external from the game there really is no excuse for origin.

Yeah it's pretty dumb. They outsourced the VoIP stuff and its probably something stupid like licensing by the seat or whatever. They should have just done it in-house once and for all so that they could use it across Origin like you said.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

6. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 12:53 TheEmissary

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:39:
Learning wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:15:
That does'nt sound to bad .Have they put in VOIP yet?At least my squad could help me.I played bf2 and 1 and enjoyed them both.I also liked Desert Combat but I heard that BF3 is set up so you can"t mod it into a modern Desert Combat.I think that whenever BF3 gets voip I'll pick it up.I don't mind being gunner as long as I can talk to the driver.

There is only VoIP if you group up outside of the game using Battlelog. It's really stupid to be honest and I doubt they will ever put VoIP in considering they said it's not "financially feasible". I play with some other real life friends using Ventrilo, if you pick up a copy you're free to join us.

I never really bought in to the "not financially feasible" line either when you think about indie games adding VoIP without much fuss. EA had such a huge budget for BF3 and Origin you would think proper integration would have been trivial. If you consider that Steam for instance has VoIP both integrated and external from the game there really is no excuse for origin.

5. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 12:39 Verno

Learning wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:15:
That does'nt sound to bad .Have they put in VOIP yet?At least my squad could help me.I played bf2 and 1 and enjoyed them both.I also liked Desert Combat but I heard that BF3 is set up so you can"t mod it into a modern Desert Combat.I think that whenever BF3 gets voip I'll pick it up.I don't mind being gunner as long as I can talk to the driver.

There is only VoIP if you group up outside of the game using Battlelog. It's really stupid to be honest and I doubt they will ever put VoIP in considering they said it's not "financially feasible". I play with some other real life friends using Ventrilo, if you pick up a copy you're free to join us.

4. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 12:15 Learning

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

3. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 12:11 eRe4s3r

On most servers you would get kicked for doing that more than twice...

And Heli unlocks aren't at all easy to get unless you have the random luck of a great gunner / or a great pilot

But as Verno says, the default weapons are already great, sure you start without attachments but these come quickly as even without any attachments these weapons are useful (not particularly great, but useful) with unlocks the starter weapons are all awesome.

Of course, this is currently moot because the FAMAS is by far the best weapon to pick, and thats not even remotely a quick to get unlock

2. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 11:27 Verno

The starter weapons are very competitive and it is very easy to unlock attachments for them. Weapon balance overall is pretty solid right now with a few small outliers. Weapons mainly come down to preference and situational purpose.

Now for vehicles...I'm not going to lie, the vehicle unlocks are going to be painful. Many of the unlocks for vehicles give a clear and apparent advantage, particularly in the hands of skilled players. You can always ride gunner with other players however and get points for them that way. Most of the key unlocks come very quickly, for example IR Flares is usually is something like 400 points for most of the air vehicles. You can get that by just ramming a loaded chopper even.

1. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 11:15 Learning

A thought just crossed my mind now,I was going to buy this game when it comes down in price but I wonder if by that time people who are playing now will have so much rank and weapons perks that a newcomer will stand no chance at all in the game.I'm old and slow so I'm at a disadvantage to begin with.  

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo