Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning

Develop has word that NASDAQ has warned THQ that its stock is in danger of being delisted after trading for less than one dollar for more than 30 days. Word is they have 180 days to reverse this trend by having 10 consecutive days where their stock trades at more than $0.99 per share.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 22:27 eRe4s3r

What! I am colorblind (really, but only ever so slightly, enough to throw off my definition of pink and purple.... ) Pink, Purple, all the same ^^  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 21:52 The Half Elf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 20:07:
Only if you are into giant pink dildos...

Whoosh

But seriously, a blast, yes.. but better than SR2? No...

Purple Dildo's sir, Giant... Purple... Dildo...Bat!
Order Now!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 20:07 eRe4s3r

Only if you are into giant pink dildos...

Whoosh

But seriously, a blast, yes.. but better than SR2? No...

9. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 19:15 WyldKat

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 16:52:
Saints Row 3 is regarded by many as absolutely inferior crap compared to SR2 (and I agree) they removed everything that was good about saints row 2. (And i am talking about the fun activities and the often very serious story which made a great contrast)

Pretty much. My biggest gripe was the removal of TONS of clothing/jewelry options including how you could wear them. I also really liked starting with no money and robbing stores and what-not and earning the clothes/cars I bought. SR3 just throws piles of money at you, gets fairly boring after a few hours, zero challenge.

Also the "improved" car physics were completely garbage.

Having a cute Russian accent was pretty damn cool, though.

8. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 18:53 Cutter

They should ask for a bailout. What's good for the goose...

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 18:03 Parallax Abstraction

The first thing they need to do is get rid of Brian Farrell. His inept leadership over many years before now is a big reason they're where they are. Yet their shareholders don't seem to care about that for some reason. If he stays in charge, their fate is certain,  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

6. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 16:58 nin

Saints Row 3 is regarded by many as absolutely inferior crap compared to SR2 a fucking blast.

There ya go!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 16:52 eRe4s3r

Saints Row 3 is regarded by many as absolutely inferior crap compared to SR2 (and I agree) they removed everything that was good about saints row 2. (And i am talking about the fun activities and the often very serious story which made a great contrast)

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2012, 16:57.

4. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 15:48 Tumbler

I wonder how Saints Row 3 would have done if they'd waited to launch it until now. Everyone seems to love the game, I have it and can't stop playing swtor long enough to give it a chance but I'm finally hitting that point in swtor where I don't want to play it as much so maybe i'll finally give saints row the third a try.

Seems like launching that game in late january would have worked better assuming they had some marketing money to do so...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 12:46 ASeven

Hmmm...

Either the rumors from some weeks ago did wreak havoc in the stock's prices or the rumors were true. Likely scenarios are a) THQ foreclosures due to massive debt and not enough revenue and sells its assets and therefore ceases to exist as an entity, b) THQ is dilisted, goes through major internal restructure and comes out stronger or c) THQ isn't dilisted and goes through major internal restructures that convince investors, making their shares rise.

Either way I always thought THQ would be the first in the chain of publishers to break, they are the most vulnerable to stock price speculation and debt to internal people and external suppliers. Personally I don't think it's looking good for THQ now and unless they purge their CEO and higher administration scenario a is becoming quickly a sad reality.

2. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 11:29 killer_roach

DeadFire87 wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 11:09:
SOLD!!!!! haha. Someone BUY IT.

I'm guessing they have a significant amount of debt on their balance sheet if they haven't been bought out already - hell, the daily lunch tab at EA likely approaches THQ's market cap.

My guess is nobody makes a move on them until they enter Chapter 11, which, if they get delisted, will likely happen pretty fast (as their ability to raise more capital would be almost zero).

1. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 11:09 DeadFire87

SOLD!!!!! haha. Someone BUY IT.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo