Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Prospector Demo

Cryptstone Games now offers a playable demo for Star Prospector, their recently released real-time strategy game. Word is: "The demo allows you full access to all of the features of Star Prospector and opens up all of the missions available in the first star system. The missions are randomly generated providing lots of replayability."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Star Prospector Demo Feb 7, 2012, 19:41 BiggTedd

Star Prospector is currently $9.99 USD on Impulse|Gamestop http://www.impulsedriven.com/star  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 23:09 BiggTedd

What happened to JMJ? Did he start Skrillex?  

9. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 22:56 Cutter

Haha! Love the Jean Michael Jarre/John Landis style 80s music!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 22:29 BiggTedd

Cryptstone would like to see the game on Steam too so please feel free to let Steam know! Great comments, and I know the developer does try to read and make note of all of your comments for future updates and patches. SP was the result of almost 5 years creative and programming work of one man (seriously), 100% self funded and with all artwork, modelling, programming and music done by the lone developer, so it is definitely an indie game. I've helped him recently with testing and now marketing the game. Thanks for your support. Check out the new forums on the Cryptstone website, he's started a thread for other programmers and developers who want to discuss and share info.  

7. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 16:20 eRe4s3r

Played 3 missions now.. some good stuff but also some bad stuff

1) selection limit for units..
2) inter-unit pathfinding is .. sometimes very wonky
3) the pace is pretty slow (lots of HP, low damage)

Thats about it. Generally though for an Indy 3d rts this is by far one the better ones...

6. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 15:47 ASeven

Orogogus wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 14:58:
No, that's probably Starflight. Star Control II was very similar, but the grid and the crew (and EA) say Starflight rather than SC2. SC1 didn't have a campaign or in-game story as such.

Although, as far as I know none of the games in this genre have had multiple galaxies.

Ah yes, I stand corrected, it was Starflight. Keep confusing the two of them.

5. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 14:58 Orogogus

No, that's probably Starflight. Star Control II was very similar, but the grid and the crew (and EA) say Starflight rather than SC2. SC1 didn't have a campaign or in-game story as such.

Although, as far as I know none of the games in this genre have had multiple galaxies.

4. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 14:51 ASeven

Orogogus wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 12:03:
I'm positive that Star Control I and II were published by Accolade, not Electronic Arts. Maybe you're thinking of Starflight?

Hmm, wasn't Star Control the one with a grid-like gameplay, tons of worlds and galaxies, you could explore the worlds for ruins, ore, etc and you could even command and choose your crew?

3. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 12:03 Orogogus

I'm positive that Star Control I and II were published by Accolade, not Electronic Arts. Maybe you're thinking of Starflight?  

2. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 11:41 ASeven

I'm reminded of EA's Star Control I and II for the Amiga. Oh man, I finished those two games and they were awesome in its purest form. This was when EA was still decent, mind you.  

1. Re: Star Prospector Demo Jan 30, 2012, 11:22 Cutter

Sweet! Downloading now. Hope it's as fun as it looks. And if it is they need to get in on Steam!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo