Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

In grand tradition, I did not watch the Pro Bowl yesterday, as my passion for tackle football does not extend to sun-soaked all star competitions between players who do not care about the outcome. It's a good break for MrsBlue, who is incredibly accommodating about my football watching when the games matter, and doesn't need her patience tested for no good reason... especially after a week of incredible Super Bowl hype that is actually the subdued half of the two week run up to the big game.

Pro Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Quest For Power 2.
Journeys of Reemus: Chapter 4.
Links: Star Trek Entire TNG Cast To Reunite In Calgary. Thanks Jaysin.
Snowman Art: Calvin and Hobbes Style.
Helping u get a better signal.
Media: Awesomely Geeky Depeche Mode Cover.
Bulldog in a Box.
Follow-up: SETI Research Is Revived. Thanks j.c.f.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2012, 00:42 Hoop

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 23:30:
Is it a bad thing that I just glanced at the link and my first thought was it must be a link to a Quake DM map about Christchurch?

No, it is a games site after all.
I've been hit with a few good shakes while playing quake live in the last 18 months. It's incredibly disorientating with it pitch black & all the noise & action of the game, takes a while to realise whats happening.....very weird.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 23:30 Kitkoan

Hoop wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 14:51:
We just notched up 10,000 Quakes & aftershocks since Sept 4 2010.
http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/

Is it a bad thing that I just glanced at the link and my first thought was it must be a link to a Quake DM map about Christchurch?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 19:36 Sepharo

killer_roach wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 15:16:
Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 11:11:
Well I pretty much nailed the spread, just the wrong way, lol! So odd as the NFC dominates it most of the time.

All-time, the AFC and the NFC are 21-21 in the Pro Bowl.

Might've been 22-20 NFC had Cam Newton not played, though. Somebody please explain to me why he was a Pro Bowler and Matt Stafford wasn't.

Frealz.

I might have watched but not a single Lion played D;

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 19:17 sauron

The snowman art is great - thanks for posting it. Gonna show it to my kids - they absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes!  

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 15:53 xXBatmanXx

killer_roach wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 15:16:
Well I pretty much nailed the spread, just the wrong way, lol! So odd as the NFC dominates it most of the time.

Might've been 22-20 NFC had Cam Newton not played, though. Somebody please explain to me why he was a Pro Bowler and Matt Stafford wasn't.

He had 4,000+ yards, and 21 passing touchdowns and 14 RUSHING as a rookie.

But yea, he looked bad....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 15:52 xXBatmanXx

Hoop wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 14:51:

Holy crap you guys just can't get a break....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 15:16 killer_roach

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 14:51 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 12:46 Jim

I tried watching the Pro Bowl a few years back, and found that I would rather watch a National League match-up in late September between teams that had both been eliminated from playoff contention more than a month earlier.

Go Pats!

Jim

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 11:15 MajorD

I've haven't been able to get into the ProBowl. I've tried here and there over the years, but it just doesn't do it for me.

I do find it interesting they dropped it onto the weekend between the Divisional Championships and the SuperBowl, as I believe it used to be the weekend after the SuperBowl. Probably tryig to find the best money making spot, as I am with the impression it isn't highly viewed.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 11:11 Cutter

Well I pretty much nailed the spread, just the wrong way, lol! So odd as the NFC dominates it most of the time. Anyway, looking forward to the grudge match next week. I do not think the Pats will let the Giants have this one though.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo