Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

In grand tradition, I did not watch the Pro Bowl yesterday, as my passion for tackle football does not extend to sun-soaked all star competitions between players who do not care about the outcome. It's a good break for MrsBlue, who is incredibly accommodating about my football watching when the games matter, and doesn't need her patience tested for no good reason... especially after a week of incredible Super Bowl hype that is actually the subdued half of the two week run up to the big game.

Pro Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Quest For Power 2.
Journeys of Reemus: Chapter 4.
Links: Star Trek Entire TNG Cast To Reunite In Calgary. Thanks Jaysin.
Snowman Art: Calvin and Hobbes Style.
Helping u get a better signal.
Media: Awesomely Geeky Depeche Mode Cover.
Bulldog in a Box.
Follow-up: SETI Research Is Revived. Thanks j.c.f.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2012, 00:42 Hoop

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 23:30:
Is it a bad thing that I just glanced at the link and my first thought was it must be a link to a Quake DM map about Christchurch?

No, it is a games site after all.
I've been hit with a few good shakes while playing quake live in the last 18 months. It's incredibly disorientating with it pitch black & all the noise & action of the game, takes a while to realise whats happening.....very weird.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 23:30 Kitkoan

Hoop wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 14:51:
We just notched up 10,000 Quakes & aftershocks since Sept 4 2010.
http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/

Is it a bad thing that I just glanced at the link and my first thought was it must be a link to a Quake DM map about Christchurch?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 19:36 Sepharo

killer_roach wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 15:16:
Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 11:11:
Well I pretty much nailed the spread, just the wrong way, lol! So odd as the NFC dominates it most of the time.

All-time, the AFC and the NFC are 21-21 in the Pro Bowl.

Might've been 22-20 NFC had Cam Newton not played, though. Somebody please explain to me why he was a Pro Bowler and Matt Stafford wasn't.

Frealz.

I might have watched but not a single Lion played D;

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 19:17 sauron

The snowman art is great - thanks for posting it. Gonna show it to my kids - they absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes!  

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 15:53 xXBatmanXx

killer_roach wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 15:16:
Well I pretty much nailed the spread, just the wrong way, lol! So odd as the NFC dominates it most of the time.

Might've been 22-20 NFC had Cam Newton not played, though. Somebody please explain to me why he was a Pro Bowler and Matt Stafford wasn't.

He had 4,000+ yards, and 21 passing touchdowns and 14 RUSHING as a rookie.

But yea, he looked bad....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 15:52 xXBatmanXx

Hoop wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 14:51:

Holy crap you guys just can't get a break....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 15:16 killer_roach

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 14:51 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 12:46 Jim

I tried watching the Pro Bowl a few years back, and found that I would rather watch a National League match-up in late September between teams that had both been eliminated from playoff contention more than a month earlier.

Go Pats!

Jim

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 11:15 MajorD

I've haven't been able to get into the ProBowl. I've tried here and there over the years, but it just doesn't do it for me.

I do find it interesting they dropped it onto the weekend between the Divisional Championships and the SuperBowl, as I believe it used to be the weekend after the SuperBowl. Probably tryig to find the best money making spot, as I am with the impression it isn't highly viewed.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 11:11 Cutter

Well I pretty much nailed the spread, just the wrong way, lol! So odd as the NFC dominates it most of the time. Anyway, looking forward to the grudge match next week. I do not think the Pats will let the Giants have this one though.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo