Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha

Tomb Raider Chronicles has word that Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider reboot has reached the alpha stage of development. They say the game is on track for release later this year for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, but also offer quotes indicating the platformer is not being targeted at Nintendo's upcoming Wii U system. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 11:46 theyarecomingforyou

Prez wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 06:46:
I'd like the TR games as much if the protagonist was a strapping hunk hung like a horse. It's the Indiana Jones/exploration vibe that does it for me.
+1 (minus the homoeroticism)

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 06:46 Prez

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:03:
I never understood the draw of these sorts of games. The desperation of the lonely geeks drawn to virtual big titted sluts is just beyond sad.

I'd like the TR games as much if the protagonist was a strapping hunk hung like a horse. It's the Indiana Jones/exploration vibe that does it for me.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 04:32 CJ_Parker

I never understood the draw of these sorts of games. The desperation of the lonely geeks drawn to virtual big titted sluts is just beyond sad.

The only thing that is really beyond sad is non-virtual chicken-chested micro penis owners like yourself who have zero understanding of what makes the real appeal of some games.

18. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 03:49 Jerykk

Platformers and side-scrollers? No. Puzzle-solving? Yes. Virtual sluts? No.

Tomb Raider has a lot of puzzle-solving so I figured you'd at least find some appeal in that. Then again, I'm assuming that you've actually played any of the Tomb Raider games.

17. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 02:05 PropheT

What kind of game is that, games with female main characters?

I know your knee-jerk reaction to every game you comment on is how stupid it is or how stupid the players are that are playing it, but I don't think you're characterizing this game (or any in the series since Crystal Dynamics took it over, really) based on reality.

16. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 01:07 Cutter

Jerykk wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:59:
I really hope they don't streamline the platforming and puzzle elements. I want Tomb Raider, not Assassin's Creed. The E3 demo wasn't very encouraging, as it seemed to focus on being cinematic at the expense of gameplay, much like AC.

I assume you don't like puzzle-solving or platforming.

Platformers and side-scrollers? No. Puzzle-solving? Yes. Virtual sluts? No.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

15. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 00:28 PHJF

Then you must really hate Uncharted because it features a DOOD.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 23:59 Jerykk

I really hope they don't streamline the platforming and puzzle elements. I want Tomb Raider, not Assassin's Creed. The E3 demo wasn't very encouraging, as it seemed to focus on being cinematic at the expense of gameplay, much like AC.

I assume you don't like puzzle-solving or platforming.

13. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 23:45 shihonage

The appeal used to lie in solving puzzles and getting over obstacles while convincing yourself the game isn't completely linear (which it always has been).

Now it looks like they've done away with illusion of non-linearity altogether, seeing how the opening sequence of the game is just a cutscene where you push "forward" repeatedly.

12. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 23:17 Pete

I can only comment on the first one since that is the only one I played, but it was more about the exploration and adventure than the pixelated titties. But to each their own I guess.  
Doin' it Big

11. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 23:03 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 22:46 Kitkoan

TheFragMan wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 21:24:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 20:41:
Reboot of a reboot of a reboot. You left one reboot out.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Right... I think he was meaning abort, not reboot

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

9. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 21:24 TheFragMan

Acleacius wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 20:41:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

- Frag

8. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 20:48 Trevellian

wtf_man wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 20:18:
I thought Tomb Raider: Anniversary was the remake / reboot.

Remake of the original Tomb Raider using the same engine as Legend/Underworld. Still not a reboot.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

7. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 20:41 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 20:28 Vulkan

I'd say this is more of a prequel to the original game than a reboot.  

5. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 20:18 wtf_man

I thought Tomb Raider: Anniversary was the remake / reboot.  

4. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 20:09 Trevellian

Legend and Underworld were not "reboots" it was simply when Crystal Dynamics took over the series and made it the best it had been since the original game. They are their own self contained storyline.

This reboot is still Crystal Dynamics (meaning it probably won't suck) and it was to take it back to a younger Lara and make it more gritty and realistic.

If you want to hate on Tomb Raider at least hate on the bad ones (Anything between the original and Legend), and not the Crystal Dynamics made ones.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

3. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 19:59 Narf2029

A reboot of a reboot? We are running out of ideas.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

2. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 19:52 Agent.X7

Dunno, but this one looks good.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo