Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
214 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

34. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 04:11 Bhruic

What happens when everyone is gay? No more babies.

Yes, because no gay person in the history of the world has ever had kids.

Oh, wait.

Being hetero- or homosexual affects your preference. It doesn't make you unable to have sex with the gender you don't prefer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 03:41 Draugr

RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 03:02:
Lorcin wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 02:54:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 02:40:

I agree marriage of any kind shouldn't be in games.

Oh please don't agree with me - I'm definitely not on your side. People want to get virtually married to other people they've met in game - why the hell not, it's not like marriage means anything in the real world these days anyway. Lord Satan knows as I've been married 13 years in RL we're WAY longer than the average length - but it's not the marriage certificate keeping us together, that's just a piece of paper we picked up so our kids wouldn't be bastards

My problem is these people who seem to think it's important their avatar can do the cyber nasty with a scripted NPC - it's no different to getting attached to a particular whore in GTA.

Oh look it's a flip flopper. You aren't a U.S. politician by chance are you?

Must also say I am greatly amused how everyone assumes I am religious. Hint: I'm not. Feel free to continue deluding yourselves though. Makes you look ohh so SMRT.

He's not flip flopping, he was just clarifying his position since you were trying to co-opt him into your position.

When is the last time you saw a "Straight people only." group in game?

It's not just games, there are plenty of organizations who have kicked people out for being gay. That means they are for 'Straight people only.' There are plenty of people who can tell you about getting kicked out of/off of a server/guild/clan for being gay, a simple Google search will net you results.

I love how the anti-gay activist uses the same exact logic as white-power activists.

32. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 03:23 RailWizard

Lorcin wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 03:13:
How the hell did I flip flop - I said anyone wanting relationships with npcs is stupid. You took that too mean I'm against all forms of marriage in games.

You misunderstanding something then having to have it painstakingly explained doesn't make me a flip flopper.

EDIT: Oh and people think your religious because your coming across as very stupid and narrow minded. Traits normally associated with churchy types.

w/f/e. Also, just because you say I'm narrow minded, doesn't make it so. That's just like, your opinion, man...and you know what they say about those. Flush

31. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 03:13 Lorcin

How the hell did I flip flop - I said anyone wanting relationships with npcs is stupid. You took that too mean I'm against all forms of marriage in games.

You misunderstanding something then having to have it painstakingly explained doesn't make me a flip flopper.

EDIT: Oh and people think your religious because your coming across as very stupid and narrow minded. Traits normally associated with churchy types.

30. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 03:02 RailWizard

Lorcin wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 02:54:

Oh please don't agree with me - I'm definitely not on your side. People want to get virtually married to other people they've met in game - why the hell not, it's not like marriage means anything in the real world these days anyway. Lord Satan knows as I've been married 13 years in RL we're WAY longer than the average length - but it's not the marriage certificate keeping us together, that's just a piece of paper we picked up so our kids wouldn't be bastards

My problem is these people who seem to think it's important their avatar can do the cyber nasty with a scripted NPC - it's no different to getting attached to a particular whore in GTA.

Oh look it's a flip flopper. You aren't a U.S. politician by chance are you?

Must also say I am greatly amused how everyone assumes I am religious. Hint: I'm not. Feel free to continue deluding yourselves though. Makes you look ohh so SMRT.

29. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 02:54 Lorcin

28. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 02:41 RailWizard

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 00:37:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:14:
space captain wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:10:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:01:
Buhbye.

are you going back to the crack den for another fix?

i bet you cant wait to wrap your lips around your own personal jesus

Keep it up. Blue will either enforce the rules or erase them. Either way, I win.
If he does enforce the rules, I hope he'll be deleting your trolling posts as well. Along with TangledThorns' hamfisted troll post too, of course. That guy really needs to refine his trolling.

Yeah, except I'm not trolling. I mean what I say. You will also note how I have not resorted to pre-school level insults and labeling to make my points. Yet I'm the troll with mental defects etc. etc...hilarious.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2012, 02:50.

27. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 02:40 RailWizard

Lorcin wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 00:41:
Great big fuss about nothing - if your that bloody lonely having any kind of relationship with an NPC is important to you whilst your playing a game full of real people then your life is messed up.

That goes for people wanting to romance straight or gay companions - try just going to fleet and finding actual people to interact with.

Bit off topic but damn funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JToIHroU-WY&feature=youtu.be

26. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 02:39 RailWizard

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 01:19:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:18:
Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:12:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 21:54:
I am disappointed that a horrible birth defect like homosexuality can be allowed into this game. No matter, this disease that affects the reproductive system will someday be eradicated by gene therapy.

Well, you're either trolling or an idiot. Either way you're pathetic.

Well they do harp on about how they are 'born that way', and if that is so, then it is indeed a defect. Logic wins this argument every time. You mad?

You stupid? Speaking up to ensure they have the same rights as straight people do isn't harping. Say tomorrow legislation was passed so that idiots like you weren't permitted to marry or reproduce. Besides that actually being a good thing, you and your conservative ilk would be apoplectic. Between gays and your kind you're definitely the ones that are defected - very heavily, mentally defected...and that's actually a hard fact.

How do gay people reproduce again? And your calling ME stupid?

25. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 02:36 RailWizard

Tusker wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 01:34:
I am disappointed that a horrible birth defect like homosexuality can be allowed into this game. No matter, this disease that affects the reproductive system will someday be eradicated by gene therapy.

Well they do harp on about how they are 'born that way', and if that is so, then it is indeed a defect. Logic wins this argument every time. You mad?
People with blue eyes are born that way, too - brown eyes are more common, and the dominant gene. Does that mean blue-eyed people have a 'birth defect'? What's the difference? Your 'logic' fails the most basic test.

So what happens when everyone has blue eyes? Nothing. What happens when everyone is gay? No more babies. Maybe you better go google 'logic'. lol. I know it seems extreme, but if it's genetic, then it will trend like anything else.

RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 22:41:
There is only ONE group that has a problem. The one that wants special privilege and to segregate itself from all others.

If this is what the gay community wants, to have "gay only" groups in games, then they should have NO PROBLEM with "straight only" groups, right?
Is this apropos of anything in particular? The story linked to mentions same-sex relationships being an option, nothing about "gay only" groups. The only guilds/clans I've ever heard of before have been perfectly happy to accept LBGT-friendly hetero players, they don't insist on "gays only".

I realize TFA is about marriage. Groups is the next issue on the menu however. I recall some being banned on some xbox game. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Done with you.

24. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 01:34 Tusker

People with blue eyes are born that way, too - brown eyes are more common, and the dominant gene. Does that mean blue-eyed people have a 'birth defect'? What's the difference? Your 'logic' fails the most basic test.

There is only ONE group that has a problem. The one that wants special privilege and to segregate itself from all others.

If this is what the gay community wants, to have "gay only" groups in games, then they should have NO PROBLEM with "straight only" groups, right?
Is this apropos of anything in particular? The story linked to mentions same-sex relationships being an option, nothing about "gay only" groups. The only guilds/clans I've ever heard of before have been perfectly happy to accept LBGT-friendly hetero players, they don't insist on "gays only".

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2012, 01:40.

23. removed Jan 29, 2012, 01:19 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 29, 2012, 10:13.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

22. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 00:41 Lorcin

Great big fuss about nothing - if your that bloody lonely having any kind of relationship with an NPC is important to you whilst your playing a game full of real people then your life is messed up.

That goes for people wanting to romance straight or gay companions - try just going to fleet and finding actual people to interact with.

Bit off topic but damn funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JToIHroU-WY&feature=youtu.be

21. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 00:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Buhbye.

Keep it up. Blue will either enforce the rules or erase them. Either way, I win.
If he does enforce the rules, I hope he'll be deleting your trolling posts as well. Along with TangledThorns' hamfisted troll post too, of course. That guy really needs to refine his trolling.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

20. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 00:07 commonperson

Actually it's a naturally occuring phenomenon in multiple animal speicies running from higher primates down to avian groups. Invariably in the animal kingdom the relationship is no different from that of a "heterosexual" relationship with the same level of devotion and fidelity as seen in the cross section of the heterosexual group of the same size. In all liklihood it's a combination of factors most likely due to population relief in the species allowing an outlet for sexual releif and companionship when population density exceeds certain levels. In higher lifeforms you have more complex social interactions so it goes beyond a simple matter of biology in to a combination of nature, nurture, and environment.

Homosexuality simply is what the person or animal is. It's not a "deviation" it's nature, and for the Christians if God is perfect and god created man then he created homosexuality as well because it's been around since before the Christian god even existed (or the Jewish god for that matter.) In essence "RailWizard" you appear to be hiding an agenda of hate and bigotry behind a thinly veiled illusion of reasonableness. Stop pretending you are using logic, science or even reason. For what ever reason you hate homosexuals and are attacking them. Your first ammendment right in the US and according to the UN your human right but guess what's also protected under human rights laws and the US constitution, a human's right to their own sexuality. So just be sure to realise you may be allowed to spout hate (to a certain degree) but we can also call you on your shinanigans.

19. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2012, 23:59 commonperson

When is the last time you saw a "Straight people only." group in game? I'm sure they exist, but there are not advertised that way, are they...

What are you talking about? Bioware are looking to include (due to feedback probably from 13 year old males trying to live out lesbian fantasies) same sex sex relationships ALONG SIDE heterosexual ones. Just like in ALL THEIR OTHER GAMES, have you played any of the Mass Effect or Dragon Age games? What you are saying has nothing to do with the point of the post and makes no sense. Frankly I don't really care about same sex or heterosexual relationships. My character is a Jedi and unlike catholic priests he can keep it in his pants but I think if they can they should let people play how they want to play. Try and at least make sense when you are commenting though.

18. Re: they are all over the place Jan 28, 2012, 23:40 space captain

yeh you are a real winner over there

enjoy it

Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2012, 23:18 RailWizard

16. Re: they are all over the place Jan 28, 2012, 23:14 RailWizard

Buhbye.

15. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2012, 23:12 Cutter

Prez wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 21:42:
To both groups: get your self-righteous activism out of gaming. No one wants what either of you are selling. This whole controversy is beyond stupid.

It's not activism for the gay community, it's just leveling the playing field. If there are going to be relationships in a role-playing game why not same-sex? It's not like anyone is being forced into it. It certainly does no one any harm. That is unless you're a brainwashed, moronic, conservative bigot like those assholes.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

214 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo