Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
214 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

74. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 21:24 Draugr

RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 05:39:
Draugr wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 05:14:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 04:13:

Family <-Hey look! It's an anti-gay smilely! lol...

I can see you are quite dense, or maybe my joke was just over your head, so I'll explain.

As you noted, that is the smiley for 'family' and you can see it's a male, a female, and a child. There are no 'gay family' smileys, so it was a sarcastic way of saying that this is something that gays would be upset about because they are clearly not being represented. Get it now?

Oh, I got the 'joke' but the real joke is that you think it would be offensive to homosexuals that nuclear families exist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

73. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 21:14 Beamer

You really need to sit in on a seminar on privilege and learn why everything you're saying is painfully ignorant.

I won't bother educating you. It's not worth it, as people like you never learn. You sit there whining and saying stupid crap without comprehending how much more difficult your life would be if your skin were a different color, your sexual preference a different gender or your lower outie was an innie.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

72. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 20:28 Acleacius

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 15:14:
Implying that it's a choice is also assuming facts not in evidence. The only reason this discussion started was because one obvious troll, and another less obvious troll kicked it off claiming that this was some sort of "reverse discrimination" type situation since straight people don't advertise straight clans/guilds. I already addressed that point in an earlier post. The rest is just noise.
I wasn't addressing any post you made, nor is this post.

I was just giving what I thought was a general overview. I didn't imply as far as I can see, it was ONLY choice. Only mentioned, I've seen no science either way. As well, I mentioned the (afai can see) gays who care are the ones who need a reason beyond they choose to be gay. Another words, there are gay people who don't care what anyone thinks and they just live their lives. There are other gay people who seem to have to prove it's genetic/born with what ever they want to call it, gayness(?). In other words, they don't seem to be happy with who they are so they need some science to apparently prove they are what they think or want to believe.

My only issue with the gay organizations are mostly with the majority of male gays. Many spend so much time, talking and promoting gay agendas, so it's easy for the religious to use them as a scary issue. Iirc, they constantly have called for a Constitutional Amendment because of sexual choice. It's as if they are intentionally trying to make themselves the badguys.

The reason is this, instead of being part of the community as a person offering help to others. They always talk about themselves and what they want, gay this and gay that. Women still don't have Federal Constitutional Equal Rights. I have NEVER heard once a gay male advocating to get basic Equal Rights, they all enjoy as males for women. Now that pisses me off and in general think them bastards, for this reason.

What would happen if the gay community organized and helped women get Equal Rights, before they worried about themselves? Gays would get support from the largest population, women. Would gays be as easily made to be scary by religious fund raisers, no. It's like the gay community has been overthrown by one of karl rove's operatives (log cabin?) who is intentional making bad decisions.

A political example is 2000 Presidential campaign. The gay community cost Gore the election because they couldn't keep their mouths shut during the election. It was extremely easy for the religious to make gay scary. At least 10% a conservative estimate, the polling data it's probably more like 15% to 20% of the votes bush got were from ultra conservatives because they were easily scared by the gay.

Oh wait, there's another reason for me to be pissed.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

71. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 19:18 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 18:11:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 22:41:
Ithen they should have NO PROBLEM with "straight only" groups, right? I won't even get into how they stir in all the anti-religion bullshit just to get their way. I will just say, they are all mental midgets with no clue what they really want, they just know they want more, and more, and more. This will not end well...

Oh my god, I did not just read this comment.

Hey, what about White People Appreciation Month!?

Have you ever noticed how dumb that argument is?

No, but I have noticed how dumb your argument is. I would also like to thank you for bringing race into this, as it has many parallel issues with this situation and I was debating bringing it up just for comparisons sake.

First and foremost example being, only white people can be racist. When black/asian/arab or whoever else does it, it's 'ok' because they are somehow entitled to such racist opinions, purportedly because they are a minority, when in reality, on a global scale, nothing could be further from the truth. If you don't see this, well, I am likely wasting keystrokes on you.

I have a somewhat unique perspective on this, as my race(which does happen to be a shade of white) was interned during the last world war, and yet we receive no compensation for it, nor has any been asked for. Yet we(sovereign nations) must bend over backwards for others who had the same happen to them, and it still doesn't seem to be enough because apparently it's a debt that can never be repaid. Of course if we speak out about it, we are labeled as racists/bigots or w/e other cop out labels what have you.

In short, you've been drinking the kool-aid of political correctness for far too long, and you don't want to go down this road with me...

70. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 18:11 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 22:41:
Ithen they should have NO PROBLEM with "straight only" groups, right? I won't even get into how they stir in all the anti-religion bullshit just to get their way. I will just say, they are all mental midgets with no clue what they really want, they just know they want more, and more, and more. This will not end well...

Oh my god, I did not just read this comment.

Hey, what about White People Appreciation Month!?

Have you ever noticed how dumb that argument is?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

69. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 15:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Acleacius wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 13:54:
Funny thing about this thread both sides are throwing around "born that way" or "gene therapy" with out any apparent evidence for either side.

I remember back in 1998 or so a scientist released a study saying he had found a "gay gene". Then every single study that tried to duplicated it failed and they called him out for it. He said something like "I knew no one would be able to duplicate it, just wanted to bring attention to it". Turns out he was not only a scientist but a gay one and apparently by his own words a liar too.

None of it matters, since apparently the only people who care one way or another are extremists christians like robbins who are looking to make a buck on their uneducated followers and gays who apparently need a reason to be gay, other than just choosing to be.
Implying that it's a choice is also assuming facts not in evidence. The only reason this discussion started was because one obvious troll, and another less obvious troll kicked it off claiming that this was some sort of "reverse discrimination" type situation since straight people don't advertise straight clans/guilds. I already addressed that point in an earlier post. The rest is just noise.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

68. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 13:54 Acleacius

Funny thing about this thread both sides are throwing around "born that way" or "gene therapy" with out any apparent evidence for either side.

I remember back in 1998 or so a scientist released a study saying he had found a "gay gene". Then every single study that tried to duplicated it failed and they called him out for it. He said something like "I knew no one would be able to duplicate it, just wanted to bring attention to it". Turns out he was not only a scientist but a gay one and apparently by his own words a liar too.

None of it matters, since apparently the only people who care one way or another are extremists christians like robbins who are looking to make a buck on their uneducated followers and gays who apparently need a reason to be gay, other than just choosing to be.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

67. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 13:35 Wowbagger_TIP

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:43:
commonperson wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:34:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:19:

What would be super awesome is to have a cadre of elite gay gamers go up against some of these people spouting hate. I'd love to watch the gay gamers own them but that's just an aside.

Thats fine but its not hate. You must think I hate people in a wheelchair too, right? I have compassion and sympathy for those that are unable to have children as easily as a heterosexual can.

Learn how to use the quotes properly.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

66. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 12:51 eRe4s3r

Was that post aimed at proving Cutters point?

Being gay does not prevent anyone from creating children. If not via 2 partners you can always find alternative solutions nowadays.. so your argument is pretty dang invalid.

If your definition of a human is that we are all just a virus, bent on reproduction no matter the consequences.. well then, enjoy the world with 14 billion people in 2050. But then don't complain that you have nothing to eat.

At least gays and lesbians don't destroy the ecological balance as long as they don't make up the majority of the population. Something that is biologically impossible to happen, and as such, a non-issue.

65. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 11:49 commonperson

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:43:

What would be super awesome is to have a cadre of elite gay gamers go up against some of these people spouting hate. I'd love to watch the gay gamers own them but that's just an aside.

Thats fine but its not hate. You must think I hate people in a wheelchair too, right? I have compassion and sympathy for those that are unable to have children as easily as a heterosexual can.

Given the wonders of science anyone can have children now adays. So that's a moot point. Childbearing and the ability to raise a child has nothing to do with the argument here. And if anything this world could do with a few fewer babies being born, we're overpopulated with millions of unwanted children who are orphans. They need homes before we need to bring new babies in to the equation. As for wheelchairs, I have no idea what you think. I just know what you post and I don't dare assume anything.

64. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 11:43 TangledThorns

63. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 11:34 commonperson

You're not making a strong argument at all. Gay clans/guilds are advertised because it lets gay people know where they can go to play with others that aren't going to bash them for their sexual preference. Anyone who's played online for more than a few hours knows that the Internet is rife with homophobia, and you'll hear more anti-gay slurs than anything else usually. I don't see any problem with them looking for a group to play with where they don't have to deal with that.

To comment on your point regarding the web and homophobia one sad element is many people don't even realize they are being homophobic. It's like the "Fag" episode of Southpark where the kids were calling Harley Bikers Fags (who then went on to "reclaim" the word.) To a kid today saying "Gay" and "Fag" while on the surface relates to homosexuality deep down has nothing to do with it. It's more just a general condemnation of a person based on a stigma. It's like a lot of words that transmute meaning over time. While what they are saying may appear to them just a easy jibe they don't understand the power of those words which is kind of sad.

I had a friend who's Asian, when I was younger I used the word Oriental because there was a time that wasn't considered racist and it wasn't that long ago. I used that word in front of her and she flipped. I explained I didn't know and she explained why it was racist. I stopped using that word, I think using words like gay and fag fall in to that same category we need to educate. What makes me sad is not that there are "Gay Clans" it's that there has to be "Gay Clans" really we should all just be able to play together. People shouldn't catch flack for their gender or orientation.

62. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:28 commonperson

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:21:
commonperson wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:15:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 09:40:
commonperson wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 08:58:

Scientific proof please. I'm not obtuse, I'm just educated. There is in fact NO concencus on why homosexuals are born homosexuals. There are a combination of factors considered by medical professionals (which I am guessing you are not) ranging from the geneitic (nature) to an environmental (nurture) source. Common concencus is it's a bit from column a and a bit from column b but the reality is there no evidence of genetic code that creates homosexuality. For gene therapy to work you need to have a gene to isolate and target. Furher the only claim of the gene being found was disproven and the claimant (who was funded by Christian groups) disappeared and the APA (Amarican Psychological Association) has gone on record saying that it does not exist. So, unless you have inside knowledge of the human genome which was fully mapped in 2003 you're full of rubbish.

You're educated? I refuse to a respond to someone that can't even spell check. Seriously, you misspelled further as Furher.

Ah so due to a spelling error you will not justify your stance. I see how it works, so class if you can't use a spell check you don't get to know the secret information that TangledThorns knows about the human genome. He will hold the rest of you up from your gene therapy for your mystery ailment due to a spelling error. You want to know why I don't bother with a spell check? Because this is a forum, I don't really care. If I honestly cared about what people said on video game forums I'd have hung my self YEARS ago. So, yeah, don't provide that non-existent proof. Good for you, enjoy that pulpit that you stand behind and preach hate. At least the one good thing I've seen from this is there is only one other person supporting you and the rest actually seem to be calling you on your balogna. A rare instance of reason in the video game community.

Oh and by the way, how did you know I wasn't addressing you directly and forget my umlat? ;-)

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2012, 11:36.

61. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:28 TangledThorns

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:21:

Scientific proof please. I'm not obtuse, I'm just educated. There is in fact NO concencus on why homosexuals are born homosexuals. There are a combination of factors considered by medical professionals (which I am guessing you are not) ranging from the geneitic (nature) to an environmental (nurture) source. Common concencus is it's a bit from column a and a bit from column b but the reality is there no evidence of genetic code that creates homosexuality. For gene therapy to work you need to have a gene to isolate and target. Furher the only claim of the gene being found was disproven and the claimant (who was funded by Christian groups) disappeared and the APA (Amarican Psychological Association) has gone on record saying that it does not exist. So, unless you have inside knowledge of the human genome which was fully mapped in 2003 you're full of rubbish.

You're educated? I refuse to a respond to someone that can't even spell check. Seriously, you misspelled further as Furher.

60. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:24 commonperson

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:16:
commonperson wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:09:
I DARE you to approach a homosexual and tell them they are handicapped. I actually KNOW homosexuals, sommething you either do not or you obviously hide your feelings regarding as frankly as a heterosexual if you came up and spoke like this to a homosexual friend of mine I'd be sorely tempted to belt you. Any how, if anyone knows what it is to live with a handicap it must be you, how is it being an ignorant fool who can barely understand the concept of tying one's own shoes?

Are you that dense? I won't tell a person that has any handicap that they are, that would be rude. Wow, you know homosexuals? That must make you an expert on all things minority. If it was up to you there would be no prenatal care. Just let babies be born however ill they may become, we'll accept them as is. Am I right??

"straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position."

That's what you just did. Actually I am a person with a disability, so I can speak about living with a disability. I also am a person who has friends who are homosexual so I can speak to what it is to live in a community where you were until recently hunted down and demonized and still face extensive persecution from intolerant bigots.

So, as a thinking member of one minority, a friend of members of another minority, and a human being with an ounce of compassion yeah I would say that makes me a bit of an expert at least on some aspects of your argument. Try and keep it on topic, you're saying that homosexuals are sick genetic deviants. There is no scientific proof, the only proof was thrown out and disavowed by the American Psychiatric Association in 2009 due to it's faulty origins. Gene therapy (as there is NO GAY GENE) will not work. If you wanted to use aversion therapy or some other method than that may work due to it's essential similarity to "torturing it out of some one" but it's not treating a disease, that would be treating a compulsion or act and would not in essence cure anything.

So, unless as I asked elsewhere you have inside knowledge of the genome that no other scientest or organization in the WORLD has you do not know what you are talking about.

Oh and for the record, I'm an epileptic and have been living with it since I was 11, I would have loved gene therapy to treat my condition to exist but at the time it didn't. There's a big deal about enjoying a little boy on boy action and being disabled. Trust me on that.

59. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:21 TangledThorns

58. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 11:19 Wowbagger_TIP

RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 02:41:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 00:37:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:14:
space captain wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:10:
RailWizard wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:01:
Buhbye.

are you going back to the crack den for another fix?

i bet you cant wait to wrap your lips around your own personal jesus

Keep it up. Blue will either enforce the rules or erase them. Either way, I win.
If he does enforce the rules, I hope he'll be deleting your trolling posts as well. Along with TangledThorns' hamfisted troll post too, of course. That guy really needs to refine his trolling.

Yeah, except I'm not trolling. I mean what I say. You will also note how I have not resorted to pre-school level insults and labeling to make my points. Yet I'm the troll with mental defects etc. etc...hilarious.
A decent troll doesn't resort to insults, although you have since done so as well. Guess you couldn't help yourself.

You're not making a strong argument at all. Gay clans/guilds are advertised because it lets gay people know where they can go to play with others that aren't going to bash them for their sexual preference. Anyone who's played online for more than a few hours knows that the Internet is rife with homophobia, and you'll hear more anti-gay slurs than anything else usually. I don't see any problem with them looking for a group to play with where they don't have to deal with that.

57. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:16 TangledThorns

commonperson wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 11:09:
I DARE you to approach a homosexual and tell them they are handicapped. I actually KNOW homosexuals, sommething you either do not or you obviously hide your feelings regarding as frankly as a heterosexual if you came up and spoke like this to a homosexual friend of mine I'd be sorely tempted to belt you. Any how, if anyone knows what it is to live with a handicap it must be you, how is it being an ignorant fool who can barely understand the concept of tying one's own shoes?

Are you that dense? I won't tell a person that has any handicap that they are, that would be rude. Wow, you know homosexuals? That must make you an expert on all things minority. If it was up to you there would be no prenatal care. Just let babies be born however ill they may become, we'll accept them as is. Am I right??

56. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:15 commonperson

To use gene therapy you need a gay gene this is the same kind of master race crap white supremacists use

You're very obtuse. Gay people are born that way for a scientific reason.

55. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 11:09 commonperson

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 10:56:
CommunistHamster wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 09:40:
Gene therapy? Seriously? Just accept that people are different, and that just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's objectively bad. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Oh wow you are dumb and obviously take good health for granted. Get it through your skull that some people would rather not live life handicapped.

214 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo