Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall

Aliens: Colonial Marines is delayed to fall, reports GameInformer, who got word on the setback to the upcoming Aliens shooter from developer Gearbox and publisher SEGA, who say: "Aliens: Colonial Marines is a process of creativity and invention and those don't necessarily follow the structure of an assembly line." The game was previously expected this spring, and here's more on the delay:

While setting clear goals, deadlines and predictions is helpful, they are often subjective. We don't want to sacrifice the creative process just for the sake of following a blue print. We prefer to have the creative discovery shape that blue print because our goal is to make a great game, and we are prioritizing this goal over the previously targeted date.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 28, 2012, 12:13 siapnar

Positivity overload!  

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. hahahaha Jan 28, 2012, 11:44 Shataan

" We don't want to sacrifice the creative process just for the sake of following a blue print."

Somebody throw Sega and GearBox a shovel.

I am gonna copy and paste this 1. This will be awesome to quote when the time comes. ;p

22. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 16:49 Mad Max RW

To date we haven't seen actual gameplay footage, merely a 100% scripted demonstration of what they intend for the game to look like.

The new cg trailer is up and uses Clint Mansell's theme song from Moon. Great song from a great movie, but doesn't fit Aliens at all. Should stick with James Horner and not deviate. Jeez.

21. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 16:19 avianflu

At least they are going to let it cook in the oven a little bit longer. Hoping for the best but the gameplay videos were not good.  

20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:57 theyarecomingforyou

PHJF wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 14:19:
L4D was like three hours long!
That was my point; if a shorter co-op game like L4D can do well then A:CM should be fine if it offers more. I wasn't stating that L4D or Borderlands were 10hrs long. From what I've seen it looks like A:CM is more a singleplayer game that also has co-op, rather than L4D or Borderlands - therefore I'd expect more than just a four hour campaign.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:45 gilly775

Hey, Paradox! You catching this??? This is what to do when your game isn't ready....  

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:19 PHJF

As long as the game has 10hrs+ gameplay and decent co-op it can succeed, as just look at L4D.

L4D was like three hours long!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:10 DangerDog

I wasn't expecting it till next fall anyway, with "Prometheus" coming out in the summer it might make for a good bridge in terms of marketing.

I suppose it'll be a five hour game if you stretch it out as far as possible, some co-op multiplayer with a few maps. They'll try to milk it for all it's worth with DLC map packs.

Natural Selection 2 is still, slowly, plugging along. If only you could mix the "Aliens" world with NS2 gameplay.

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:08 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 13:56:
Borderlands sucked. And this will suck too. Unless they're redesigning the game from scratch why delay the inevitble fail?
Borderlands is my favourite co-op game of all time and one of the games I rank highest, despite the poor port. The graphics aren't great and the missions are a bit generic but the gameplay is excellent and when you get everyone using voice-chat it works wonders. The DLC - particularly General Knoxx - lifts the game up another level.

Borderlands 2 is the game I am most looking forward to this year.

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:04 theyarecomingforyou

PHJF wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 11:59:
Borderlands is like thirty hours long.
Yeah, but it had minimal scripting; A:CM looks to be more scripted and a more singleplayer experience, so it's not as big a deal if it's shorter. And I referred to Borderlands more because it was a bad port, than the length. As long as the game has 10hrs+ gameplay and decent co-op it can succeed, as just look at L4D.

I'm glad they're delaying it - it is quite a substantial delay - rather than simply forcing it onto the marketplace. Really though I'm much, much more looking forward to Borderlands 2. I just hope that Gearbox can pull off three big multi-platform games in one year (B2, A:CM and Brothers In Arms: Furious 4). My biggest concern is that nothing seems to have been announced regarding DX11 support - I'm just concerned they'll be half-baked console ports with minimal effort for the PC version.

14. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:03 Verno

I don't think I'd go as far as saying it sucked but it certainly did disappoint in the worst way. It was also a terrible port despite all of Pitchford's lies about the PC version being developed extensively by a separate team. It was a game full of half finished ideas and only seemed to appeal to the grinder demographic.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 14:00 nin

Borderlands sucked.

Indeed it did.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 13:56 Cutter

Borderlands sucked. And this will suck too. Unless they're redesigning the game from scratch why delay the inevitble fail?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 13:55 Jago

This game is still in development?  

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 13:34 Beelzebud

Borderlands was a good price, nearly 2 years later, when it was on sale for 7.50. However when it came out, with DLC added on, you're talkign about a 90.00 game. Not a good price at all.  

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 13:21 venomhed

Borderlands was really fun and worked well, good price too.  

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 12:21 Roachmojo

and Borderlands was hella fun. I felt like I played it way more than 30 hours, too.  

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 11:59 PHJF

Don't forget, Borderlands was a bad port but still a great game on PC. But if they're aiming for a single-player focused game then they really need 10hrs+ campaign. If it's co-op and highly replayable then shorter is fine by me.

Borderlands is like thirty hours long.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 11:57 Arithon

"Delayed to FAIL?"

So, like RAGE, we'll get a buggy console port of a game that promises much and delivers little?

Want your game to succeed?
(A) DEVELOP FOR ONE PLATFORM at a time. PC gamers don't want a console title (or they'd have bought a console - Dah!)
(B) Press BLACKOUT. Promote the finished product, not vapour-ware that bears no relation to what you release.
(C) Release at the same time everywhere and make any DRM easier to use than to circumvent. i.e. pirates should not enjoy the game more than paying customers. UBISOFT, I'm looking at you!!

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall Jan 27, 2012, 11:26 Wallshadows

I feel the same about this as I did with Battlefield 3. It sounded great at first, well, at first being years after it was initially announced but then the more they started to talk about it and the eventual gameplay video which was pushed out has me a little at odds about what I think about it up to this point. I hope they actually use this delay for the benefit of the overall project as I am always willing to play or watch anything Alien-related.

I won't use DNF as an 'example' of their work because they were likely in the position to polish a turd from 3DR as soon as they took on the project. In the end, I hope Pitchford can put his money where his mouth is when he boasts about how much of an Alien fan he is and it reflects in an overall positive experience in the finished product.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo