Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April

GOG.com announces plans for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, following in the footsteps of the acclaimed Enhanced Edition of the first installment in their action/RPG series. They say the Enhanced Edition is due on April 17th. that anyone who buys The Witcher 2 between now and then gets the upgrade for free, and as further incentive, that the game is currently on sale for 15% off. Here's word on the new edition:

New major adventures set in new locations. These consist of an underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate coniferous forest in the Loc Muine mountains, and a secret cave passage. These new adventures will add several hours of story-based gameplay to the game.

New major characters to the Witcher story. One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court. The other characters are secret--for now!

All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 09:10 Lobster

"New major characters" = "New conquest trading cards to collect"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 08:38 Verno

It was a lot shorter than I expected to be honest but it was still a great game easily worth the money. I guess I was expecting something the length of first game but TW1 did have a ton of silly repetition that padded it out so maybe they're equivalent after all. The enhanced edition will be welcome though, the game does have some rough edges that could use polishing.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2012, 08:46.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

17. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 08:01 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 01:43:
Super cool trailrt. Still waiting for a good sale on it.

Really? I think it's dropped as low as $15 within the last couple of months. If you think $15 is too much for the best RPG of 2011, I'm not sure what to say.

Indeed. this is a no-brainer buy for anyone who likes RPGs and well done games in general.

16. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 06:51 Overon

Shit like this is why I have no problem paying for games made by these guys without hesitation.  

15. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 05:39 Cutter

Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 01:43:

Really? I think it's dropped as low as $15 within the last couple of months. If you think $15 is too much for the best RPG of 2011, I'm not sure what to say.

Well theres no demo - Gaikai doesnt work for me - and I just never got into the original even though I tried to 2 or 3 times so unless this is considerably different than I really don't want to pay more than $10 for it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 01:43 Jerykk

13. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 01:29 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 00:44 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 00:08:
Highly recommend the books. Still pretty pissed about the 5 times and multiple years delayed 3rd book translation though.

Yea, I have read reviews of his other books in Polish, and wish they would be translated quicker.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 00:08 Sepharo

Highly recommend the books. Still pretty pissed about the 5 times and multiple years delayed 3rd book translation though.  

10. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 23:58 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 23:02:
One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court.

Bow-chicka-bowwow!

I mean, come on, why else is she being added?

That said, I really need to get my ass around to buying this.

Creston

Same here. I never did finish the firt one. I think I am close though. Probably just play it again. I also am finishing up the Blood of Elves book. I really enjoyed the first book.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 23:11 jacobvandy

Yup, their continuous excellent support makes me want to keep waiting to replay it so I can see all the new stuff in one go (first Dark mode, now this).  

8. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 23:02 Creston

One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court.

Bow-chicka-bowwow!

I mean, come on, why else is she being added?

That said, I really need to get my ass around to buying this.

Creston

7. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 22:36 nin

ochentay4 wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 21:31:
I still have to buy it! This guys really rock. An example for the industry, really.

I've not gotten it yet, either.

And yeah, that trailer was badass.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:31 ochentay4

I still have to buy it! This guys really rock. An example for the industry, really.  

5. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:20 Frijoles

Excellent trailer. I may have to play again. Can't wait for them to announce Witcher 3 though.  

4. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:10 eRe4s3r

Wow, that is by far one of the most cinematic trailers i've seen .. in like.. a damn long while - if only the game would look like that  

3. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:04 siapnar

Badass pre-rendered trailer for this (specifically XBOX version) on GT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-console-the-witcher/726181

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

2. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:03 Draugr

Here comes CDP to make everyone look bad. Again.  

1. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 20:59 Pineapple Ferguson

Sweet. I was already thinking of playing through this game again, but I'll hold off until this comes out.  

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo