Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CA Reimbursements to ESA Grow

The Entertainment Software Association announces that the state of California has agreed to reimburse them $950,000 for legal fees incurred from their recent U.S. Supreme Court victory in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association (previously Schwarzenegger v. Entertainment Merchants Association). They quantify how much they have collected over the years in reimbursed court costs: "Including reimbursements already paid from the two California lower court rulings, the state will have paid $1,327,000 to ESA. Other states attempts to unconstitutionally regulate video games resulted in ESA receiving $1,773,000, totaling $3.1 million in legal fees paid to ESA." They say they will donate a portion of the proceeds to develop after-school educational programs for underserved communities in Oakland and Sacramento.

View
10. Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Jan 27, 2012, 12:12 Prez

I don't know, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but this seems like it would be more than a little embarrassing for the state of California. It's a pretty big political smackdown when the nation's high court tells them that their law itself was against the law.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 26, 22:56 Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Creston
  2. Jan 26, 23:07  Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Prez
  3. Jan 27, 01:40   Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Wowbagger_TIP
  4. Jan 27, 01:51   Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow LittleMe
  5. Jan 27, 03:08    Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow TychoCelchuuu
  6. Jan 27, 06:32     Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow jdreyer
  9. Jan 27, 07:42    Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Dev
>> 10. Jan 27, 12:12     Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Prez
  11. Jan 27, 13:04      Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Dev
  7. Jan 27, 06:40 Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Agrajag