Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC

The Dark Horse Comics Blog has word on another unusual way to get bonus DLC for Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming action/RPG (thanks Computer and Video Games). It was recently revealed that DLC will come with some ME3 action figures, and now word is those who preorder the upcoming Art of the Mass Effect Universe from Barnes and Noble will receive in-game content:

"This product contains a code that can be redeemed for bonus content for Mass Effect 3 multi-player including character boosters and the deadly Collector Assault Rifle to give you a leg up on the Reaper invasion.

Visit social.bioware.com/redeem for instructions on how to unlock your new upgrades.”

“The Collector Assault Rifle uses the same principles as a human assault rifle, but its organic components clearly set it apart. Its power source appears to be an internal organ with biotic capacitance; its ammunition resembles pellets of metallic enamel that strip shields off enemies with deadly efficiency.”

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 27, 2012, 09:48 WarpCrow

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 11:05:

Oh Bioware...you're like that chick that used to be totally hot and then went and got a ton of plastic surgery.

All I see when I look at you now is botox and duck lips.

It reminds me more of a loved one coming down with Alzheimer's. Bioware was one of those companies where I wouldn't wait for a review or look for ratings or anything, their games were instant buys because they were -always- incredible. And slowly, ever since the EA takeover, that has become no longer the case. Mass Effect 1 and DAO, which were both in development long before EA came in the picture (even though they were both distributed as EA products), are the last games that were not questionable in some way. ME2 was still good, and TOR is good for what it is, but they haven't lived up to their previous standards.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 22:21 ForgedReality

I'll just download them all like with ME2.  

19. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 20:38 Squirmer

Fion wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 15:39:
Why do I get a sneaking suspicion that Bioware is worried about this game so they are throwing all kinds of bonuses at purchasers.

I don't think so. They're using the game's guaranteed success to convince their fans to buy more and more extraneous rubbish besides the game itself. Gotta maximise the profits.

18. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 20:11 nin

Barnes & Noble owns Gamestop actually.

Really? Didn't know that. That might be the only thing keeping B+N afloat, if true.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 19:43 RollinThundr

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 13:40:
I didn't even know B&N sold games.

Oh yeah, EA sucks.

Barnes & Noble owns Gamestop actually.

16. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 15:39 Fion

Why do I get a sneaking suspicion that Bioware is worried about this game so they are throwing all kinds of bonuses at purchasers.  

15. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 14:27 Mashiki Amiketo

KTR wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 14:19:
Oh for god sake why are they still using that social.bioware site? That site is fucking atrocious for handling DLC.
Atrocious? That's much kinder then what I'd use. I've never been able to recover my account there. And in turn when I reinstalled ME I had to contact EA to get all new keys because they were tied to that account.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 14:21 Verno

Fuck you Bioware. And fuck you EA. blah blah blah

Not liking their DLC plans is no excuse to pirate the game and post that kind of crap, it just makes you look childish and petty.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

13. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 14:19 KTR

Oh for god sake why are they still using that social.bioware site? That site is fucking atrocious for handling DLC.  

12. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 13:47 Tanto Edge

Fuck you Bioware. And fuck you EA.
I won't buy this game. But I'll play the shit out of it.
And I'll enjoy playing the DLC without buying a bunch of fucking dolls.
Fuck you Bioware. And fuck you EA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

11. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 13:40 Silicon Avatar

I didn't even know B&N sold games.

Oh yeah, EA sucks.

10. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 13:18 Lokust

It's not really Bioware anymore, they have been assimilated into the EA collective. It's Bioware in name only.  

9. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 12:52 Flatline

I'm getting closer and closer to the point where I feel like just skipping ME3.

Which is a shame. I've put like 200 hours into my various characters getting them ready for ME3, and then Bioware decides to fuck with what works with multiplayer and all this other bullshit.

8. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 12:22 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 12:07:
Wasn't this rifle already in ME2 anyway? Oh well, whatever. I gave up long ago on this silly preorder/extras type bonus nonsense.

Yeah, it is. And it sucks. It takes half an hour to kill something with it.

Creston

7. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Jan 26, 2012, 12:21 Verno

necrosis wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 12:19:
Vektuz wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 12:02:
I love how these folks call something a bonus, but its actually something that they're basically making, putting on the disk (probably) and then locking everyone out from it except those that order their art book.
Nothing beats Dead Space 2 on PC.... yet.

Haha yeah, I loved logging into that game and getting so many unlocks that it becomes pointless. I still have no idea what the real item count in the game was supposed to be either.

6. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Jan 26, 2012, 12:19 necrosis

Vektuz wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 12:02:
I love how these folks call something a bonus, but its actually something that they're basically making, putting on the disk (probably) and then locking everyone out from it except those that order their art book.
Nothing beats Dead Space 2 on PC.... yet.

5. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 12:07 Verno

Wasn't this rifle already in ME2 anyway? Oh well, whatever. I gave up long ago on this silly preorder/extras type bonus nonsense.  

4. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Jan 26, 2012, 12:02 Vektuz

But that's how the industry works now I guess. One way of looking at it is that you get access to all of the content on the disk you bought if you buy the art book, and you get access to almost all if you don't. Its a nice way of selling you something twice, I guess.

3. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 11:26 eRe4s3r

I guess they just want to go all out for the last ME game If ME3 becomes the best selling part, its proof that game series with 3 huge more or less interconnected (by savegame and all) games can work, and not just work, but work great.

Then again, it is EA... ;p

2. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 11:22 wonkawonka

We're are this stage in the DLC concept lifecycle where it is completely over overused, abused and raped to a point beyond negative returns.
I think the next round of AAA titles will feature significantly less of this crap.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo