Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector

GameStop/Impulse now offers digital distribution of Star Prospector, a new space real-time strategy game with RPG elements. Space Sector has a preview with first-hand impressions of the game, and here's a bit from its description:

Star Prospector is a single-player strategy game set in a future science fiction universe. Star Prospector mixes elements of real-time strategy and role-playing game genres resulting in a totally new & unique gaming experience. The player takes on the role of a prospector, a one-person mining, salvage, and construction unit, taking on missions on remote planets across the galaxy in search of resources, technology, and adventure. At the start of the game the player will choose their own prospecting rig, an all-purpose construction, combat, and mining vehicle that will be used throughout the game. The rig can be outfitted with a large selection of weapons and various upgrade modules. In each mission the player will be transported to a unique planet. There the player must build a base, gather resources, create units, and complete assigned mission objectives earning experience and credits. At each level of experience the player will get skill points and gain access to new units, buildings, and items.

• 100 randomly generated missions (including story centric missions) within a galaxy that is unique for every player
  • Earn experience, skill points, and credits from missions to purchase units, upgrades, and weapons
  • Battle against brutal Scavenger forces as well as a myriad of hostile creatures
  • Scan and mine ore, build wells to collect fuel, defend your base with turrets
  • Units gain combat experience and level-up within each mission and can be upgraded with shields, armor, damage, and other attributes
  • Collect loot from enemies. Use your rig to salvage wreckage for unique items
  • Outfit your Rig with weapons and modules to boost your stats

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Oct 3, 2012, 19:08 BiggTedd

We submitted SP via GreenLight this week, please spread the word and vote if you can Thx! Jason

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100133889

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 29, 2012, 01:03 BiggTedd

Hey folks,

Not on Steam yet, but in the meantime, Star Prospector now has a demo available for download here:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/95496/star-prospector-demo

The demo allows full access to all of the features of the game and opens up all of the missions available in the first star system.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 26, 2012, 09:50 Optional nickname

HOLY SWEETNESS, one look at that screenshot and CNC Generals filled my head, I am buying! Thanks Blues for the post. (Too bad its not MP) nevertheless, I will enjoy this. lol, the minimap was ripped right out of Generals, did EA not come knocking on your door?  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 26, 2012, 00:58 BiggTedd

Thanks, no not the dev, just very close to them and been helping them in the final stages of release. Thanks again!  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 26, 2012, 00:49 Dev

BiggTedd wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 00:09:
Hey folks, thanks for the kind words on Star Prospector. Thought I'd give you some perspective: I can tell you the game has been released on Impulse first, but Cryptstone is certainly open to releasing it through other distributors. I know that Impulse (Gamestop) was very supportive in getting the game out, and as a “very” small independent and 100% self funded developer, one accepts help from good people like Impulse if and when it’s offered. They would love to see it on Steam as well, and I definitely encourage you to contact Steam and let them know you’d like to see Star Prospector there too I know you're not the only ones that feel this way unfortunately. The game has been in development for well over 3 years, and is truly the product of only ONE guy.... Mark McGrevy, so please share with your friends and others who might be interested, and hopefully we'll see it on Steam soon!
If you are the dev, or keep up with them, if they ever get placed on steam (or even elsewhere), please submit the news to this website so it gets posted here. I'm definitely interested in buying it on steam.
Thanks!

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 26, 2012, 00:09 BiggTedd

Hey folks, thanks for the kind words on Star Prospector. Thought I'd give you some perspective: I can tell you the game has been released on Impulse first, but Cryptstone is certainly open to releasing it through other distributors. I know that Impulse (Gamestop) was very supportive in getting the game out, and as a “very” small independent and 100% self funded developer, one accepts help from good people like Impulse if and when it’s offered. They would love to see it on Steam as well, and I definitely encourage you to contact Steam and let them know you’d like to see Star Prospector there too I know you're not the only ones that feel this way unfortunately. The game has been in development for well over 3 years, and is truly the product of only ONE guy.... Mark McGrevy, so please share with your friends and others who might be interested, and hopefully we'll see it on Steam soon!  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 26, 2012, 00:02 Cutter

Dev wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 23:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 22:38:
Yeah, has that sort of Ascendancy feel to it. If they can get in on Steam for 5 clams I'll buy.
Same.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that gamestop is offering indies special deals to start getting them on impulse, probably first time low fees for exclusives.

Doesn't Steam do that? If not they should.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 25, 2012, 23:00 Dev

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 22:38:
Yeah, has that sort of Ascendancy feel to it. If they can get in on Steam for 5 clams I'll buy.
Same.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that gamestop is offering indies special deals to start getting them on impulse, probably first time low fees for exclusives.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 25, 2012, 22:38 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 25, 2012, 22:31 Crustacean Soup

According to the link, they're planning a demo. I'll take a look then. This one totally slipped past me too, and it's not not interesting looking.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Prospector Jan 25, 2012, 21:52 eRe4s3r

Talk about "under the radar"

never heard of this before (which means.. this actually sounds interesting, and i am shocked i never heard of it before)

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo