Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?

The Battlelog forums and reddit each feature threads with posts from a surprising number of users claiming they've been banned from playing Battlefield 3 online due to PunkBuster violations in spite of no wrongdoing. Kotaku points the way to an apparent explanation on a site that sells and supports cheats for the game where posts describe a systematic campaign that's currently underway to get innocent users banned to demonstrate the fallibility of the PunkBuster methodology. A recent post to Battlelog from a moderator says: "PB is having an issue at the moment.. DICE and EA are working with Even balance to find cause and fix it asap!" Thanks The Grifter.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 25, 2012, 09:20 Dev

Joss wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 20:01:
I know, right? I was shocked to hear there was a fucking website where these scum hangout! Who are these mentally-handicapped fucktards? I hope EA buys some predator drone time and sends explosive projectile(s) into their treehouse.
How did you think they got the cheats? Most cheaters just pay for them on websites such as that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 25, 2012, 00:25 Prez

Of course they could triple their player base by simply putting it on Steam but that's a bitch for a different thread.

It's been my contention since this crap about EA pulling games off Steam started that EA's stated reasons are BS and they are just being pithy, spiteful assholes (nothing new for them). Crysis 2, for example, was removed from Steam ostensibly because they didn't like the way Steam restricts how DLC can be sold. When was the last DLC for Crysis 2 released? Is anyone aware of any more in production? Why does the game remain off Steam if EA's reasons are to be taken at face value? Same question can be asked of Dragon Age 2. Theoretically, any type of compendium (Crysis 2 Complete, or Dragon Age 2, Disappointing Game of the Year Edition, for example) would be released on Steam since there would be no ensuing DLC. Unless of course EA is full of shit, as is par for the course.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

37. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 23:31 Sepharo

nm  

36. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 23:22 ForgedReality

Jesus christ. Why do people have to be assholes in order to ruin shit for honest players who just want to have a good time? These pricks are making money off of it too! Retarded. As if the game weren't unbalanced enough, check out the feature set:

The FPSCHEATS Battlefield 3 Hack

Full Feature List:
Aimbot:
* Auto Aim
* Full No Spread, All bullets hit dead on center
* Full 360 FOV Aimbot, can even see behind you
* Bone Scan, Find a bone to hit when the player hides
* Aim key, Select and use any aimkey you want to use
* Choose from different Hitboxes to aim for; Head/Neck/Chest/Waist
* Select Enemies, Friends, or Everyone as your target.
* Smooth Aim, Slows the movement of the aimbot to look more like a natural player.
* Visibility Checks, Aimbot only locks on when player can be hit
* Knifebot with boneaim to target any area of the enemy
* Auto Pistol, Hold down the fire key and watch it auto unload
* Target by closest to distance or closest to crosshair
* Preferred Target Selection, Enter a soldier name or clan tag to turn those players bounding boxes yellow to hunt them down
* Friendly Target Skip, List the names of friends you don't want to kill

ESP:
* Name Tags, Show names of all friendlies and enemies.
* Health Tags, Show health of all friendlies and enemies.
* Visual Tags, Shows an icon or frame around enemies to give away their position, even behind walls.
* Distance Tags, Show the distance between you and all friendlies and enemies.
* Smart Bounding Boxes, Enemy is red, RDX enemy is orange and anyone you want to take revenge on can be selected to have a yellow box

ViewDistance:
* Select from three varying distances to allow you to see the entire map.

2D Radar:
* Reveals enemy positions.
* Zoom feature

Misc:
* Trigger Bot, Lets you be more discreet by only firing when your crosshair hovers over the enemy.
* Spawn beacon Chams, find enemy spawn beacons with ease
* Show FPS, Show how many frames per second your running
* Show Time, Display the current time in game
* Enemy Aim Warnings, Enemy name appears at top center when they aim at you
* Choose from any of the games crosshairs

35. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 20:28 AnointedSword

So, the individuals that try to prevent cheating gets blamed rather than the cheaters? Let us lockup the police because they cannot stop all crimes! Makes a ton of sense to me (sarcasm).  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

34. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 20:07 Verno

I get that not every building in every map is entirely destructible, some buildings not at all. I just can't see current computers handling the tech requirements (both graphics and network) for that to be done on maps that have city blocks. Not to mention some major balance issues (on some maps) that would occur should you be able to take down whole buildings.

It's not just about quantity and most modern computers are fine, it's consoles that are the more immediate concern as they are on the razors edge even at 24p. I understand why they did it this way, I'm just saying it's a shame because they could have done a lot more and not been forced into so many choke point heavy style of maps.

There are a ton of other things in BF3 that need to be taken care of before I complain about everything not being fully destructible in every map.

Good thing I was posting as me and not you then We've complained about many other things already and it's not like anyone expects them to go back in after the fact and patch it in, it's just a lament about missed opportunities. BC2 had fantastic maps that were mostly just missing proper Conquest scale, BF3s map design is very hit and miss in CQ-L. The BF2 remakes show promise for future map packs at least, lots of intelligently used destruction in them despite a high building count.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2012, 20:16.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 20:07 Sepharo

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:02:
So hackers are claiming responsiblity for this, and we're going to blame the game and anti-cheat software?

Wow.

Cheaters are able to cheat and we shouldn't blame the anti-cheat software?

Unless you're making a hacker vs. cheater distinction here...

32. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 20:01 Joss

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:02:
So hackers are claiming responsiblity for this, and we're going to blame the game and anti-cheat software?

Wow.
I know, right? I was shocked to hear there was a fucking website where these scum hangout! Who are these mentally-handicapped fucktards? I hope EA buys some predator drone time and sends explosive projectile(s) into their treehouse.

31. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 19:38 Julio

Isn't this a win for EA all round? Great way to sell another copy of BF3 to banned players.  

30. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 19:31 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:59:
I think we're misunderstanding each other here and you're only talking about one map here.

I was only speaking of Caspian because it was the map you mentioned in the sentence right before "Where did the destruction go?". In Kharg, Gas Station and Office are 2 spots that come to mind that are usually a pile of rubble by the time the map is over.

I get that not every building in every map is entirely destructible, some buildings not at all. I just can't see current computers handling the tech requirements (both graphics and network) for that to be done on maps that have city blocks. Not to mention some major balance issues (on some maps) that would occur should you be able to take down whole buildings.

There are a ton of other things in BF3 that need to be taken care of before I complain about everything not being fully destructible in every map.

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 18:59 Verno

Krovven wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:44:
2 buildings at Hilltop can be leveled. Gas station building and the ones across the street from it can be leveled. 2 buildings at Checkpoint can both be leveled. In Conquest Large, the building by the comm tower can also be leveled.

I think we're misunderstanding each other here and you're only talking about one map here. You can gradually shoot holes in the ones you're mentioning over a period of time but you can't bring them down from the supports like you can the building at point B which is what we're talking about from BC2. Some can be brought down to mostly rubble and others have static elements that exist no matter how much the rest of the building breaks up, it's a bit odd. Many of the buildings in BF3 are the concrete/construction slat style which are indestructible as well. BC2 had some of those too but it used destructible buildings pretty well in most of the maps. No one said it didn't exist in BF3, just that they aren't as numerous nor used as effectively.

It's an interesting gameplay mechanic that shakes up the normal modern faux mil-sim FPS gunplay and BC2 did a great job of balancing stuff to be blown for amusement and actual strategic value. I think BF3 missed the mark there but it's far from my largest complaint with the game.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2012, 19:05.

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 18:44 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 18:13:
Caspian only has something like 5 buildings total that actually see use and only one of them can be brought to the ground IIRC.

2 buildings at Hilltop can be leveled. Gas station building and the ones across the street from it can be leveled. 2 buildings at Checkpoint can both be leveled. In Conquest Large, the building by the comm tower can also be leveled.

27. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 18:36 ASeven

Hrm, this is a bit weird, cheaters are manipulating GUIDs to ban people? Did such a thing ever happened on PC gaming history before? A bit scary, hope EvenBalance or DICE does something fast though both entities are rather infamus in taking too long to patch stuff.  

26. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 18:13 Verno

Krovven wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 16:59:
A little confused by this comment. The buildings at each point in BF3 (specifically Caspian since you mentioned it) can literally be leveled to the ground, leaving random bits of structure to use as cover.

Caspian only has something like 5 buildings total that actually see use and only one of them can be brought to the ground IIRC. It's a common theme across most of the BF3 maps except for the Karkand era remakes. They said there were resource issues due to the consoles, I suspect they couldn't handle the new engine and all of that physics/debris. BF3 features a lot of indestructible debris and cover, it's part of the reason you run into scenarios like clipping a little object with a tank and coming to a complete halt.

Sometimes it's decently implemented like Kharg Island where at least most of the invincible "cover" is open ended but I find that to be the exception rather than the rule. Anyway it's a great mapping feature that should be used more often, they did a fantastic job with it in BC2 so it was disappointing to see it take a backseat here.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2012, 18:22.

25. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 18:02 Ruffiana

Wow.

24. Re: yeah? Jan 24, 2012, 17:59 Flatline

Shataan wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 17:29:
"I don't like the "I saw you first I win" style of BF3."

True. Ya gotta wonder where the skill really is in BF 3. I mean where it actually comes into play. I am totally surprised by most kills I get. Many kills are had by back shooting. Many by pure luck. Many by proximity. The list goes on. But I can`t remember 1 kill that I could say "yeah, I got this 1 with legit shooting skillz".

This REALLY makes me miss ARMA 2/Rainbow 6 3.... games that actually have a ballistics system not based on coin toss rock paper scizzors. Ya know the games right? The 1s where when you and a dude meet and he is 3 to 6 feet away and you open up 1st HE dies, not you?????

The games where the dev team doesn`t keep constantly rebalancing weaps on the fly.

I miss Rainbow 6 Rogue Spear, where I'd turn a corner and see the enemy, he'd start to circle strafe and I'd drop and take a knee, and I'd kill the bastard 95% of the time. Or the damage that my slower cyclical UMP45 would do over the MP5.

I still have fond memories of explaining the concept of accuracy while running/jumping to the guy, who had come over from Quake 2.

23. yeah? Jan 24, 2012, 17:29 Shataan

"I don't like the "I saw you first I win" style of BF3."

True. Ya gotta wonder where the skill really is in BF 3. I mean where it actually comes into play. I am totally surprised by most kills I get. Many kills are had by back shooting. Many by pure luck. Many by proximity. The list goes on. But I can`t remember 1 kill that I could say "yeah, I got this 1 with legit shooting skillz".

This REALLY makes me miss ARMA 2/Rainbow 6 3.... games that actually have a ballistics system not based on coin toss rock paper scizzors. Ya know the games right? The 1s where when you and a dude meet and he is 3 to 6 feet away and you open up 1st HE dies, not you?????

The games where the dev team doesn`t keep constantly rebalancing weaps on the fly.

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 17:09 space captain

Krovven wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 16:59:
can literally be leveled to the ground,

100% wrong... but dont let that stop you

Go forth, and kill!

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 16:59 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 16:04:
You can barely blow anything up anymore which was one of the coolest features in BC2

A little confused by this comment. The buildings at each point in BF3 (specifically Caspian since you mentioned it) can literally be leveled to the ground, leaving random bits of structure to use as cover.

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 16:56 Beelzebud

Teddy wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 14:22:
Beelzebud wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 14:19:
Remind me why I want to use Origin again?

Remind me why you're stupid enough to interject Origin bashing into a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with it?

Wipe off your face, you got spittle on your chin.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo