Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

QuakeCon 2012 Dates

The Bethesda Blog offers a save-the-date for QuakeCon 2012, the free gaming convention centered on the offerings of id Software and Bethesda Softworks:

Prepare for Peace, Love, and Rockets!

QuakeCon, North America’s largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN party, returns to the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX on August 2-5. Those interesting in attending can reserve special room rates at the hotel by calling 1-800- Hiltons and ask for the QuakeCon 2012 rate ($154 per night).

For the latest updates, keep an eye on QuakeCon.org and our Twitter & Facebook pages for the event.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Dates Jan 25, 2012, 09:10 tuddies

give up megatexture and develop a better engine to compete with crytek or unreal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Dates Jan 24, 2012, 23:51 Pankin

Hey, I remember Love & Rockets, a more than decent band. Express is a great record.  

3. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Dates Jan 24, 2012, 17:08 space captain

SirKnight wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 13:53:
the radeon OpenGL driver has always been a joke (still is) and is the main reason Rage got so much hate.

keep on dreamin

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Dates Jan 24, 2012, 13:53 SirKnight

I hope this is the year they finally show Doom 4.

For id's sake, I also hope they toss OpenGL for the PC version. As much as I like OpenGL, the radeon OpenGL driver has always been a joke (still is) and is the main reason Rage got so much hate. Half of the players could not run it. Whereas, the D3D driver for radeons is quite good. Unless id wants Doom 4 to get bashed to hell and back too, they have no choice but to switch. The bad thing is their huge investment in OpenGL for their tools. That's the thing that would make a switch difficult and costly.

And $154 is the quakecon rate for the hotel? I hate to see what it costs normally. As much as I'd like to go to QC, no way am I paying that much for a hotel. Especially not for several nights during the whole event.

1. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Dates Jan 24, 2012, 13:41 MajorD

They going to feature RAGE? <COUGH>

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo