Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Origin Expanding

EA announces their Origin service is expanding further beyond its EA-exclusive origins to add games from 11 more publishers:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts (EA) Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today that Origin™, EA’s direct-to-consumer gaming platform, will soon feature PC downloadable games from Trion Worlds, Robot Entertainment and nine other game publishers. Starting today, Trion’s MMORPG Rift™ is the first new title added to Origin for purchase and download by PC gamers, with many more titles coming soon.

“Origin is focused on providing choice to consumers and the games they play” Additional titles from publishers CD PROJEKT RED, Freebird Games, Recoil Games, Autumn Games, 1C Company, inXile entertainment, Paradox Interactive, Core Learning Ltd. and N3V Games will be available on Origin in the coming months.

“Origin is focused on providing choice to consumers and the games they play,” said Craig Rechenmacher, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing for Origin at EA. “From blockbuster franchises to high-quality independent titles, we’re bringing the industry’s best content to one place. We’re excited to welcome new partners and a diverse new line-up of titles to Origin today.”

More information about individual titles and release dates will be available on www.origin.com.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 25, 2012, 21:05 Dev

Elricsi wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 14:23:
More competition for Steam is good, but Origin needs to (and will be forced to) learn from Steam as well.
And who has forced EA so far to improve crap in any area?
Even if origin only succeeded on EA exclusive titles, EA would look at that as a success.

Lokust wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 22:39:
If your company isn't big enough to get their games for sale on Steam, I'm not interested.
1c has a bunch on steam, dunno specifically about the others.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2012, 21:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 25, 2012, 00:55 ^Drag0n^

"Ooooooooooooo.... "  

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

34. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 22:39 Lokust

If your company isn't big enough to get their games for sale on Steam, I'm not interested.  

33. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 22:27 KilrathiAce

Some people forget at the head of all this is EA. If you havent learned a lesson about EA yet or even trust them then go ahead lol.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

32. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 20:59 Dades

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 16:55:
Oh, your precious Witcher 2 is going to be for sale on Origin. Now what? How could CD Projeckt sell out like that lolololol?

Oh, but if more of an audience is brought to that game, it can only be good for those indies, right?

But you'll still hate on Origin. Too funny.

Why should anyone give a shit lololol? Let them sell it wherever they want, the more places is the better for us. Hating Origin for being a piece of shit and liking CD Projekt aren't mutually exclusive things.

31. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 19:45 Julio

wtf_man wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 10:18:
If there was a GOG for modern games, I'd hop on it in a heartbeat... I'd even re-purchase my Steam library to get rid of the DRM. (On sale prices of course)

GOG's working on getting modern games, hopefully they will succeed.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_coms_plan_for_the_future_gets_some_news

30. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 19:25 nin

Hell, last Friday I purchased Batman AC from Impulse (GameStop's download service). I haven't done business with Impulse since GameStop took it over, but I figured I would give them a chance. They provided me with a game key that was already used. I've spent probably 3-4 hours posting on Impulse forums, sending emails back and forth with their support, calling Game Stop support, calling GFWL, calling/emailing Warner Brother games. Not only do I still not have a valid code, but Game Stop is saying I am not eligible for a refund either. Oh, and now they aren't responding to emails either.

Chargeback.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

29. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 19:19 Saboth

Me either. I'm sticking with Amazon and Steam.

Hell, last Friday I purchased Batman AC from Impulse (GameStop's download service). I haven't done business with Impulse since GameStop took it over, but I figured I would give them a chance. They provided me with a game key that was already used. I've spent probably 3-4 hours posting on Impulse forums, sending emails back and forth with their support, calling Game Stop support, calling GFWL, calling/emailing Warner Brother games. Not only do I still not have a valid code, but Game Stop is saying I am not eligible for a refund either. Oh, and now they aren't responding to emails either.

28. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 19:13 deqer

Cool, a bunch of publishers no one's ever heard of and thus probably got paid off a small sum of money just to sign up.

27. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 18:15 Tomas

I won't touch Origin with a ten foot pole, but I'm hoping they do improve and give Steam some real competition. It could only do good for the industry. I'm surprised at how slowly Valve has expanded and improved Steam. There are still horrid bugs that have existed since near the beginning in Steam as well as a great host of issues that ought to have been addressed already.  

26. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 17:23 HorrorScope

I'm all for more competition to bring down prices. FWIW I haven't had an issue with Origin yet. Now when I do and how bad it is, I then reserve the right to change my mind. For example GFWL... to hell with ye.  

25. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 17:00 Acleacius

Heard a report ea or origin is *forcefully taking admin rights* to open ports you might have closed off due to security reasons. So if any of you guys monitor your ports keep an eye on them. I don't have origin installed so I can't check. Port Tunneler?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

24. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 16:55 Dirwulf

Oh, your precious Witcher 2 is going to be for sale on Origin. Now what? How could CD Projeckt sell out like that lolololol?

Oh, but if more of an audience is brought to that game, it can only be good for those indies, right?

But you'll still hate on Origin. Too funny.

23. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Not to mention that, like with GMG, you can pay in british pounds instead of Euro's.. which saves you about 20% currently.  

22. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 14:23 Elricsi

When are they adding Activision games? (chuckles)

I bought NFS: The Run on Origin for like $10 and have been watching to see if there are any good specials, but have not been impressed since then.

More competition for Steam is good, but Origin needs to (and will be forced to) learn from Steam as well.

21. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 12:48 killer_roach

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 12:26:
Hmhhh.mhmhmhm.. i view Origin as a take all you can eat buffet with prices attached to each item where you can bring "codes" from outside to get the items just 50% cheaper than if you buy right there at the buffet.

Meaning i would never buy there either, but i would buy Origin games for 50% less elsewhere when i can register them on Origin anyway...

Sometimes EA themselves runs a decent sale on Origin. Not regularly, but for a publisher they put their own stuff on fairly good sales semi-frequently. But yeah, the ability to throw codes into it? Major bonus.

20. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 12:26 eRe4s3r

Hmhhh.mhmhmhm.. i view Origin as a take all you can eat buffet with prices attached to each item where you can bring "codes" from outside to get the items just 50% cheaper than if you buy right there at the buffet.

Meaning i would never buy there either, but i would buy Origin games for 50% less elsewhere when i can register them on Origin anyway...

19. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 12:23 Silicon Avatar

I view Origin as a janky store at a crappy mall. I could buy stuff from there, but why would I?

18. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 12:11 Cutter

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 09:45:
Cutter wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 09:42:
Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 09:39:
Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 09:36:
How about expanding the functionality so I have a reason to run Origin other than BF3? It's about as useful as Impulse is.

I don’t care what they add to it, I’m not adding another gaming client to my list of games now. Nor will I install this DRM/Spam infested piece of shit software on my PC. Plain and simple, I don’t trust this software and I damn sure don’t trust EA.

Hear! Hear! Well spoken, Bruce!

Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!

"'It's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum in here your majesty.' he said. And she smiled quietly to herself."

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

17. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 12:08 Frijoles

Wasn't someone in the last Origin thread saying EA would never add non-EA games? ...

Fuck Origin until they bother improving it.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo