Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Syndicate Released on GOG.com

GOG.com announces the promised release of the original Syndicate on their DRM-free marketplace. Here's their write-up: "Played from a top-down isometric view, Syndicate presents the player with a simple goal: world domination. As a “Marketing Director”--or, more accurately, a hitman--for a new syndicate, the player will need to lead a squad of four operatives to infiltrate, capture, search, and destroy their way to the top of the corporate food chain. Critically acclaimed for its gameplay, splashy graphics, and deep customization options, Syndicate is one of those good old titles that every gamer should have on their shelf. "

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 21, 2012, 07:25 Zadig

I remember finding the Atlantic Accelerator mission to be easier with only 1 person, but I don't recall needing to regularly break up my squad for tactical reasons like the Jagged Alliance games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 20, 2012, 12:03 Creston

Orogogus wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 02:40:
I think between the original game, the expansion and the sequel there were zero times that you would want to split your squad, other than to scatter when attacked by area effect weapons. I kept waiting and waiting for them to present a mission where you needed someone to hold a point or something while another drone handled another objective, but no. There was never anything to outweigh the benefits of focusing your firepower and spreading out the incoming damage.

Plus it didn't split the screen or anything, so it helped situational awareness to keep all the guys on the screen.

It's been a long time, obviously, but I'm pretty sure that I almost always split my squad and set up chokepoints everywhere. It wasn't necessary, IIRC, but it did help some missions proceed more smoothly.

Creston

5. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 20, 2012, 04:48 Dmitri_M

Does this GOG version have any technical changes? Like being able to run it in a window?

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 21:05:
This game beautifully predicted to the soon dystopian future we're headed for!

If only.

4. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 20, 2012, 02:40 Orogogus

I think between the original game, the expansion and the sequel there were zero times that you would want to split your squad, other than to scatter when attacked by area effect weapons. I kept waiting and waiting for them to present a mission where you needed someone to hold a point or something while another drone handled another objective, but no. There was never anything to outweigh the benefits of focusing your firepower and spreading out the incoming damage.

Plus it didn't split the screen or anything, so it helped situational awareness to keep all the guys on the screen.

3. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 20, 2012, 02:08 OldTimber

Ahh such a fun game at the time, loved proceeding through the levels then having the whole squad equipped with the miniguns. Just a nice wall of pixel-lead spewing down the street or a area. Pretty sure you could move each agent independently so you could setup chokepoints to, too bad the screenies there show it only as a full squad.

I'd really love to see it redone in a Torchlight style of maps/gameplay.

2. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 19, 2012, 21:05 Cutter

This game beautifully predicted to the soon dystopian future we're headed for!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 19, 2012, 20:12 Dev

mmmm goood ole syndicate  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo