Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

A Game of Dwarves Revealed

Paradox Interactive reveals plans for A Game of Dwarves, a strategy/management game from Zeal Game Studios coming to Windows and PlayStation Network later this year. This is one of a few tidbits this morning coming out of Paradox's game convention, but there's no official announcement of this yet. Strategy Informer does offer some preliminary details: "The gameplay consists of controlling a settlement of dwarves, who are able to dig, build and conduct research in order to strengthen your clan. You'll need to help the dwarves defend themselves as well, since terrible beasts come from the depths into which they delve. Dwarves can also level up and gain new skills, turning them into hardened warriors or master craftsmen." If the title is a play on A Game of Thrones, at least we can presume that if winter is coming, it should be short.

View
5. Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Jan 19, 2012, 11:18 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:
I loled at the last sentence. Bravo Blue, Bravo!

T'was excellent, Blue Lol_dies

I've been watching Game of Thrones season 1, I've seen the first 9 episodes so no naked spoilers please. It's brilliant, up there with Band of Brothers as the greatest TV. A few things are confusing, probably due to having too much content for 10 episodes, time and distance in particular aren't clear.

They mention the King taking a month to get to Winterfell at the start, but people seem to go between Winterfell and King's Landing in no time afterwards. How far apart are they and how long does it take a fewEssos lone riders (presumably a lot faster than the King's entourage) to get between them? How wide is are Narrow Seas and how far into Essos is Vaes Dothrak?

Also, timing. (Game of Thrones spoiler) The Khaleesis is suddenly pregnant and in what felt like a couple of weeks, was giving birth (I suspect prematurally but I suspect the next episode will clarify) - presumably the birth means it is was at least 8 months and perhaps a year after the marriage. I don't get any sense of time passing between journeys and events. I think this is because there's just too much content to stuff in.

I may have to read the books. Damn you TV, you're supposed to be putting a stop to that!

- Quboid
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 19, 10:38 Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed InBlack
>> 5. Jan 19, 11:18  Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Quboid
  8. Jan 19, 12:03   Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Minuit
  9. Jan 19, 12:33    Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed PHJF
  10. Jan 19, 12:49     Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Beamer
  11. Jan 19, 14:17      Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Yakubs
  12. Jan 19, 14:32       Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Quboid
  13. Jan 19, 15:19        Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed TheLeech
  14. Jan 19, 18:33         Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Quboid