Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 Trailer

The Rockstar Games Website now features a new trailer from Max Payne 3 on the topic of "Targeting and Weapons" in the upcoming third-person shooter sequel. Word is: "Watch Targeting and Weapons, the latest installment in the Max Payne 3 Design and Technology Video Series, showcasing how we've set out to reimagine the gunplay mechanics of the third person action shooter. With a precision targeting system that's reflective of a first person game and lifelike weapon animation design, Max Payne 3 creates an unparalleled level of immersion and cinematic realism."

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 20, 2012, 00:22 Acleacius

Hey I linked the MAX-FX Tools and PowerRAS in a thread I started on Steam. This lets you make mods or extract the RAS files like Music.ras allowing you to play them, with your favorite player.

I was using a mod, but wanted the Crosshair fix mod as well but you can only pick one mod aat. So I extracted the Crosshair.mpm into the install folder, with directory structure intact.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 12:56 Beamer

Capitan wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 11:55:
Beamer wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 10:21:
Capitan wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 09:58:
Seriously, it's looking more like something out of the GTA than Max Payne.... Angry I think it's getting darn boring with all the big gaming studios that make games almost the same just to save money. Where's the innovation...?

You're insane. No part of that gameplay looks like GTA. Bullet time and diving? Free look rather than auto-aim snap-on? Rolling?

Looks like Max Payne to me.

Don't stare yourself blind at that, but take and compare the first Max Payne with this and you'll see. The look of the characters is very GTA-ish. I think this is said.

So two games in the same engine likely done by the same artists look similar? You don't say.
I don't even think they look that similar. But gameplay matters more to me, and gameplay-wise it looks very different.

Regardless, while the art may be done by GTA4 artists (I can't say one way or the other, but I suspect they had a hand) the game is being made by Barking Dog. Not the guys that made GTA4 but Barking Dog. The guys that made one of the Counter Strike versions.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 12:12 Krovven

Capitan wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 11:55:
The look of the characters is very GTA-ish. I think this is said.

What? That's your argument "the characters" look like GTA? How about coming up with something substantial and meaningful to demonstrate how MP3 plays anything like GTA?

I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone that will agree with you.

PS: The game looks great.

14. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 11:55 Capitan

Beamer wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 10:21:
Seriously, it's looking more like something out of the GTA than Max Payne.... Angry I think it's getting darn boring with all the big gaming studios that make games almost the same just to save money. Where's the innovation...?

You're insane. No part of that gameplay looks like GTA. Bullet time and diving? Free look rather than auto-aim snap-on? Rolling?

Don't stare yourself blind at that, but take and compare the first Max Payne with this and you'll see. The look of the characters is very GTA-ish. I think this is said.

13. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 10:21 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 09:58 Capitan

11. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 07:28 Acleacius

I'm surprised there is still a good list of mods for Max Payne. Especially considering FileFront went out of business. Iirc it was saved by some fans and renamed to GameFront.

I remember liking Ultimate5 but it's been about 4 years since I played. Damn, I'll have to install and play again now, too.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 05:31 xXBatmanXx

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 23:22:
Game looks really good, but I share the concerns about a half-ass PC port. I really hope they don't fuck it up yet again.

That is where I am at....installing max 1 and 2 right now. GOing to playu through before I decide if I want to preorder. I consider mp 1 and 2 some of the best gaming ever. I still use my max payne mouse pad, if you bought the original game in a BOX then it came with it....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 01:31 Jerykk

I really wish I was.  

8. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 00:28 siapnar

I... can't tell if you're joking or not Jerykk  

I have projectile dysfunction.

7. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 00:19 Jerykk

I predict a 30 FPS cap, Rockstar Social Club mandatory login, TAGES 3-install limit and mouse acceleration/smoothing on by default with no ability to turn it off.  

6. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 23:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Game looks really good, but I share the concerns about a half-ass PC port. I really hope they don't fuck it up yet again.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 23:13 Acleacius

I'm a huge Max Payne fan and who doesn't want another great game to play. Aamof I was the first to find the True Ending to Max Payne 2 on the official forums. Though I'm pretty sure rockstar will butcher the lore of .,.

SERIOUSLY DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED Max Payne 2 on "Dead On Arrival" mode, SERIOUSLY.

Mona being alive.

I'm just bring up a point, though Jerykk's point is actually more important and prescient. My fear is, no matter how good or bad rockstar does, PC gamers will get jacked. rockstar gives about two shits, for the tens of millions of PC gamers.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2012, 01:53.

4. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 22:59 Jerykk

I hope the PC port is good. Rockstar hasn't released a good port in years.  

3. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 22:44 siapnar

Regardless of what kind of track record the development team of Max Payne 3 has, I think this game looks fucking fantastic.

Although little has been really disclosed about the story, I'm sure it will please MP fans, considering they're putting a lot of effort into embedding what was good about the previous games into this third instalment.
Fat and Bald Max notwithstanding.

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 21:15 Spektr

Oni? Seriously you didn't like Max Payne? Well Rockstar didn't make it anyway. It didn't even publish it at the time ( It was the now defunct 3drealms but they bought the rights.)
Well it's the first video of this new game thatI am watching and I am totally converted... The graphics the animations the action... I am looking forward to it!

1. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 20:40 Acleacius

I looked at a list of their games, has rockstar ever made a critically praised shooter (besides RDR which I'm not sure counts since it's critical praise from consoles only)?

Hell do they even have a lead designer working for them, who has WORKED on a critically praised shooter?

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo