Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow

The Elemental Website has re-launched as home to Stardock's Elemental strategy games. Word is: "As you probably have noticed, we have launched a brand new website for the Elemental series. This is a complete re-design for the upcoming release of Fallen Enchantress and future endeavors in the Elemental world. Take a browse through and let us know what you think!" The site's forums also have word that owners of the original Elemental will be able to download the beta for Elemental: Fallen Enchantress tomorrow as part of Stardock's promised make up for the Elemental War of Magic's shortcomings.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 19, 2012, 09:50 Wowbagger_TIP

I bought the original on Impulse, so I'm supposed to get this for free. I hope it's the game we were originally wanting. Really, we basically just wanted a MoM clone. Not sure how they managed to screw it up so badly. Only downside is that I feel kinda dirty just seeing the GameStop logo on Impulse now. Wish I could get that off my system.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 19, 2012, 03:09 Prez

The game is infinitely more playable now, but the AI can still be lethargic. It's definitely worth a purchase if this kind of game is your thing.

I'm thinking it needs to be re-launched on Steam as a new game, while allowing the old codes for early adopters to still be entered in Steam.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 19, 2012, 00:38 Frijoles

Last version I played was version 1.4 back in August. Impulse doesn't show an upgrade available, so I guess that was the final version. To call it buggy was understatement of the year. I don't remember much these days, but I do recall it crashing non-stop. The AI was also really bad (I don't think it knew what spells were). Spells were pretty much all the same and you ended up only using a small handful of them. The mission system was always "go over here and kill these guys". The equipment interface was horrible. In fact, the whole interface was horrible. And there were just weird bugs (like my character changing skin colors randomly).

I do believe it's all coming back to me now.

And yet, I played the hell out of it and stuck through the crashes. It definitely had that One-More-Turn Civilization vibe to it. I loved watching the color of the dead world change around me. I enjoyed taking over huge areas of land and then punishing anyone who dared threaten me (something I do in Civ also.. looking at you Gandhi). If you could get it for cheap, it might be worth it. Depends on how willing you are to relaunch the game every half hour.

2. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 18, 2012, 22:54 jdreyer

I was so stoked for this game, and so crushed when it launched out of the gate, so I never picked it up. Can anyone speak to how it plays these days? Is it stable? Still buggy? Balanced?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 18, 2012, 21:57 Frijoles

I didn't get this email. Oddly enough, that makes me a bit sad. Elemental was buggy as shit and crashed every 15 - 60 minutes. But damn I played it a lot. Figure I put in about 40 hours. Perhaps it'll show up on my Impulse list tomorrow. I'll have to dust it off and find the password (I abandoned it when GS took it over).

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo