Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Frozen Synapse "Musical" DLC Plans

The Mode 7 Games Blog outlines plans for DLC for Frozen Synapse, indicating this will take the top-down strategy game in a decidedly musical direction (thanks nin). Here's the skinny:

I thought I would clarify / announce what is going to be happening with Frozen Synapse music in the near future.

Many, many people have asked for new music, so part of the first DLC will be musical!

There will be six pieces of music with the first DLC.

Two of these (Complexity and The Fix) were previously available in the Humble Indie Bundle build as a special extra, and four are completely new. I have one finished (but not mixed) and one that is in progress currently.

I was really excited to see the soundtrack featured in Gamespotís Best of 2011 recently, and the ongoing reaction to the music is one of the most encouraging things that has ever happened to me Ė seriously!

If you want to hear more about the music and also watch me making some of it on my incredibly infrequent live stream, itís best to follow @mode7games on twitter.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Frozen Synapse "Musical" DLC Plans Jan 17, 2012, 19:28 jimnms

I'm more interested in them fixing or at least implementing the promised win by default if you opponent doesn't make a move after 2 weeks feature. Last time I checked, it still said that you win by default if you opponent doesn't make a move after 2 weeks in the game docs/FAQ.

I played the SP campaign and instant skirmishes until I felt confident enough to give MP a try. I won my first game, but the next three games I played, when it became clear that I would win and my opponent had no chance, they quit. Those games are still sitting there in my active game list, with no moves made since August. After that I lost my desire to play until they fix this. It's the most complained about thing on their forum, and it's something that can be done server side. They said they flushed the old games once before, but only on the UK server.

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Frozen Synapse Jan 17, 2012, 16:44 KilgoreTrout

I also played it intensively for a week or two (and enjoyed it immensely), then completely forgot about it. The fact that the two last campaign missions are seriously bugged and almost impossible to finish did not help (and AFAIK they haven't fixed this yet, it was a pretty low-level game engine bug).  

3. Re: Frozen Synapse Jan 17, 2012, 13:42 Shok

I had a few weeks of nothing but Frozen Synapse on my brain last summer but I must have got burned out or something since I hardly play it anymore. I got through a lot of the huge campaign but never did finish it. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I got annoyed on a particular "dark" map and just quit playing.  

2. Re: Frozen Synapse Jan 17, 2012, 12:05 ASeven

This, personally, was the best music we've seen in a game in 2011. The music of this game, and the game itself, is phenomenal. This is easily my most played game of 2011 and my GOTY of 2011.  

1. Re: Frozen Synapse Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 nin

The guy that does the music for these also sells some nice 8 bit tunes at: http://ensnare8bit.blogspot.com/

I got the first album (No Carrier Rush) and really like it...

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKfC4M3c4xQ

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo