Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Thief 4 Online Features?

NeoGAF has what seem to be some revelations about Thief 4 based on the résumés of a couple of the developers working on the next installment in the beloved action/stealth series. The post, which is from a couple of weeks ago, picks up tidbits from LinkedIn profiles to deduce that it looks like the game will be using the Unreal engine and will include some soft of online support based on info posted by the game's Online Programmer. Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 17, 2012, 19:11 Ruffiana

Great, now everyone's going to adopt a policy that prohibits having resumes referring to current projects updated anywhere online.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 17, 2012, 15:10 MajorD

Fantaz wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 13:52:
A while ago I heard from a friend of a brother of a friend who works at Eidos Montreal that said Thief 4 was about to be cancelled because the producers didn't like the quality of what was developed. I'm surprised it's still in development but really looking forward to this if it's actually coming out being a big Thief fan.

That would suck, but I would rather them scrap it if they're not going to do it justice, as Thief: Deadly Shadows did not tie in well with T1 & T2 at all and was a serious disappointment IMO; however, there seems to be a minority that likes Thief: DS - console players most likely. Wink

12. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 17, 2012, 13:52 Fantaz

A while ago I heard from a friend of a brother of a friend who works at Eidos Montreal that said Thief 4 was about to be cancelled because the producers didn't like the quality of what was developed. I'm surprised it's still in development but really looking forward to this if it's actually coming out being a big Thief fan.  

11. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 17, 2012, 07:46 Prez

The Thief series is one of my favorites. As long as the "online features" doesn't equate to the garbage Blizzard is selling with Diablo 3, I'll be happy.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 17, 2012, 06:47 Mark

I have some great memories playing Thievery UT, I used to play that a lot.  

9. Re: Online Features or DRM Jan 17, 2012, 03:53 InBlack

Oooohhh your soft online support is soooooo soft....  

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Online Features or DRM Jan 17, 2012, 03:36 NetHead

As long as the online features are not authentication, activation or otherwise DRM with another name.

Would be nice to see a known franchise going back to using online to add value to a game instead of control.

Might end up being one of the few newer games I pay for then.

7. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 17, 2012, 01:33 MajorD

Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 23:31:
Call of Thi4very: Modern Lootfare.

All kidding (hopefully) aside, multiplayer could add an interesting component to the game. I imagine a team of thieves trying to steal as much loot as possible while a team of guards try to stop them. Or a free-for-all thief match where competing thieves try to steal the most valuable items before the others do.

I think you may be onto something. ;-)

6. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 23:38 Cutter

Please just get the SP campaign right and make it good and long!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 23:31 Jerykk

Call of Thi4very: Modern Lootfare.

All kidding (hopefully) aside, multiplayer could add an interesting component to the game. I imagine a team of thieves trying to steal as much loot as possible while a team of guards try to stop them. Or a free-for-all thief match where competing thieves try to steal the most valuable items before the others do.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2012, 23:49.

4. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 22:46 reisub

Loved Thievery. A copy of that would be most welcome.  

3. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 21:03 Narf2029

I would hope so. Thievery UT was a blast. Well, not literally.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

2. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 21:00 Acleacius

There were some popular Guards versus Thieves multiplayer mods, so it's probably a variation. Well one could hope anyway.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 20:50 Cutter

And this means???

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo