Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Darkness Details

World of Darkness News has a video interview with Chris McDonough, where the senior producer on World of Darkness discusses plans for CCP's upcoming supernatural MMOG. They summarize

• Bloodlines the PC game is a big inspiration to the MMO, they are trying to capture the same atmosphere/using it as a point of reference.
  • He finds PnP RPG's natural to move into a MMO as it is about individual characters not a specific one (ie Spiderman).
  • A lot of focus on player to player interactions due to lack of GM unlike a table top session.
    Confirms single shard concept from EVE will be used due to shared technology. (Who called this 6 months ago? oh that's right, me. )
  • States there is still a AAA team working on the MMO from all aspects of the gaming industry.
    Wanted to focus on vampires only to give depth due to focusing on only one playable supernatural on launch.
  • Said on the surface the game will not seem to be about supernaturals but becomes evident when your character digs into the game world.

View
15. Re: World of Darkness Details Jan 17, 2012, 13:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I can't even imagine wanting to play Eve, especially with all the douchey things that CCP has done and things they let their employees and friends get away with. Why would anyone want to pay to deal with that? If I want to do something tedious for hours at a time, I'll just stay in the office.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 16, 20:55 Re: World of Darkness Details Cutter
  2. Jan 16, 21:08  Re: World of Darkness Details Narf2029
  4. Jan 16, 21:32   Re: World of Darkness Details The Half Elf
  5. Jan 16, 23:27    Re: World of Darkness Details Jerykk
  6. Jan 16, 23:32    Re: World of Darkness Details Narf2029
  3. Jan 16, 21:16 Re: World of Darkness Details Acleacius
  7. Jan 17, 01:27 Re: World of Darkness Details Umbragen
  8. Jan 17, 02:31  Re: World of Darkness Details Fion
  9. Jan 17, 02:36 Re: World of Darkness Details Acleacius
  10. Jan 17, 03:58  Re: World of Darkness Details InBlack