Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Wow, the Saints/49ers game degenerating into a shootout was pretty unexpected, but what an incredible game that turned out to be. Today we will have 40% of the remaining games of the season, and I'm just going with my bias: Texans and Giants.

Giant Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Symphony.
Volt Connect 2.
Links: 20 Amazingly Weird Pieces of 'Classic' Video Game Box Art. Thanks Neatorama.
Bookseller removes apostrophe from own name.
Stories: Star Trek 2 filming has begun. Thanks HARDOCP.
Science: New record: toilet paper folded 13 times. Take that, four-minute mile!
Scientists Create World's Tiniest Ear. Thanks HARDOCP.
Media: GLaDOS responds to Princess Celestia about "Friendship".
Jimmy Fallon pokes fun at NFL star Tim Tebow. Thanks nin.
One Happy Dog. Reminds me of the Gunnar-man.
Follow-up: Newly discovered molecules in atmosphere may offset global warming.
Ted Williams One Year Later.
Brittany Murphy's Father Angelo Bertolotti Sues Los Angeles Coroner's Office.
R.I.P. Milo the Sea Otter.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 15:53 kanniballl

Creston wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 00:56:

Star Trek 2 filming started! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Creston
Im looking forward to this... hopefully they keep it a solid film.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 01:33 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 00:40:
The stats don't lie. Who had the better season? Who's more consistent? The Giants are living proof it's better to be lucky than good.

Whatever it takes for you to close those peeperse at night man. Gotta win when it counts.

You don't get a diamond and gold ring for good stats.

Typical Packer fan - wants respect from everyone, even when they lose, but won't give a shred of respect to anyone else.....I live it everyday.

Every comment starts with "yea but" and usually includes something about how many Super Bowls they won, and "how many have the Vikes won". I dont' really give a shit. This is better than winning!!!!! ahhaahahhaa

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2012, 01:38.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 00:56 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 00:40:
The stats don't lie. Who had the better season? Who's more consistent? The Giants are living proof it's better to be lucky than good.

Or, you know, just PLAY better when it actually matters.

Star Trek 2 filming started! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Creston

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 00:40 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 00:14 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 21:29:
Make no mistake the Packers are still the better team. The Giants were simply the better team today, and of course that's all that matters. And it least when my team loses I don't make excuses. And Bats, seriously? After the season the Vikes had?

TOTALLY SERIOUS! See the difference is I don't walk around with my nose in the air like you pricks do. And no, the Packers aren't better, they went home. ahhahahahah

Whatever you need to make yourself sleep at night man!

It's not like they got beat on 1 play - they got out classed THE WHOLE DAMN GAME! Even when the refs GAVE THEM A FREEBIE on that FUMBLE - they couldn't do much. I love it.

Was also so awesome to see the Aints go down. What a great post season!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 23:54 Cabezone

"They were the better team today" is how delusional fans try and keep themselves from crying themselves to sleep.

They are the better team.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 22:57 Capella

Hump wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 21:24:
I set my alarm last night before my nap so I could watch NE destroy Denver. The alarm never went up and I woke after 11pm.

soooo pissed.

A quick scan of binsearch shows your choice of full HD download of the game(over 6GB) or a 1.64GB download.

And hats off to the G-men tonight. They not only had to beat the Packers but the refs as well. Some really questionable calls went the Packs way.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 21:29 Cutter

Make no mistake the Packers are still the better team. The Giants were simply the better team today, and of course that's all that matters. And it least when my team loses I don't make excuses. And Bats, seriously? After the season the Vikes had?

15. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 21:24 banddirector

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 20:29:
The better team won. Eat a weiner you cheese head!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

They didn't even prepare, they just expected to win. What a bunch of losers. They drank their own koolaid.

What a great day today has turned out to be.

+1 !!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 21:24 Hump

I set my alarm last night before my nap so I could watch NE destroy Denver. The alarm never went up and I woke after 11pm.

soooo pissed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 20:38 Mr. Tact

Ha! Well done, Blue.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 20:29 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 19:29:
Well, that was painful to watch. Packers were definitely rusty and outplayed all-around. Hard to score if you can't even hold on to the goddamned ball. It could still go either way with the 9'ers but regardless of who wins that I'm thinking the Pats are pretty much a lock at this point.

The better team won. Eat a weiner you cheese head!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

They didn't even prepare, they just expected to win. What a bunch of losers. They drank their own koolaid.

What a great day today has turned out to be.

11. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 19:59  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 19:29:
Well, that was painful to watch. Packers were definitely rusty and outplayed all-around. Hard to score if you can't even hold on to the goddamned ball. It could still go either way with the 9'ers but regardless of who wins that I'm thinking the Pats are pretty much a lock at this point.

Let's see. How much sympathy do I have for you?

Blue wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 10:09:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:50:
In spite of the worst officiating in the entire history of sports in the universe and the obvious payoff made to said officials the Green Bay Packers still triumphed as it is meant to be. The beauty of living so close to the state of New York is I can hear the entire state weeping right now. Sobbing like little girls, including the little girls. Haha!

Stay classy, Wisconsin. Mark those words when the Pack stumbles and I say something cruel in return.

Ah right, I remember.

Suck it cheese-head.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

10. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 19:29 Cutter

9. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 16:11 Cutter

Wow, that game was just about as exciting as watching paint dry.

8. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 16:00 nin

I have to say that I did enjoy the first "remake" Star Trek movie, but those lens flares were annoyingly distracting and way overdone.

I was surprised how much I really enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to what they do next.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 15:52 Jim

Star Trek 2 filming has begun.

I thought they filmed Star Trek 2 30 years ago.

Kaaaaaaahn!!!

Woot! First scene had lens flare! :)

I have to say that I did enjoy the first "remake" Star Trek movie, but those lens flares were annoyingly distracting and way overdone.

Jim

6. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 15:28 nin

Hoop wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 14:41:
Great to see the follow up to Ted Williams, maded my morning. That and the jumping pooch.
*Go Giants*

Yeah, I was really hoping he hadn't backslid. Hopefully his past is something that's behind him.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 14:41 Hoop

Great to see the follow up to Ted Williams, maded my morning. That and the jumping pooch.
*Go Giants*

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Out of the Blue<br> Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2012, 14:16 Cutter

Not a prayer, Blue. Ravens and Packers without a doubt.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo