Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch

A new patch for Might & Magic Heroes VI is now available, to update the various language editions of the strategy sequel to version 1.2.1. The download can be found on AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 21:25 Eldaron Imotholin

avianflu wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 09:53:
Sadly, this game should be avoided by all.

Even if you dont mind the very annoying on-line requirements, the simplified strategy versus previous games will drive you nuts after about 10 hours.

Healing is way too easy for all troop types and you can quickly build up large numbers of troops -- so its all about zerg rushing and then keeping your troops healed in combat as they fight. None of this is HOMM as anyone knows it.

The gameworld looks pretty but that's about all I can say nice about the game.

That is your opinion, which is fine. It's only fair to the game for me to say that I think it's great and everyone who sometimes just wants to semi-sit-back and actually chill while playing a game should definitely get this one. I absolutely love it myself.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 14:30 Dev

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 10:24:
Where were all you folks in the D3 in Feb thread?
I posted there, about how I thought the feb date wasn't accurate, and it was just a random date from a random chain.

6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 10:24 RollinThundr

Where were all you folks in the D3 in Feb thread?  

5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 09:53 avianflu

Sadly, this game should be avoided by all.

Even if you dont mind the very annoying on-line requirements, the simplified strategy versus previous games will drive you nuts after about 10 hours.

Healing is way too easy for all troop types and you can quickly build up large numbers of troops -- so its all about zerg rushing and then keeping your troops healed in combat as they fight. None of this is HOMM as anyone knows it.

The gameworld looks pretty but that's about all I can say nice about the game.

4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 05:22 Julio

I got this one for a Christmas gift. The demo worked fine on my PC, the actual game would only work in online mode on my PC. Offline mode would crash it. Definitely a DRM driven problem.

After a few weeks of back and forth with Ubi support, both offline and online mode didn`t work. Stay far, far away.

Buy HOMM3 (or even HOMM4 which has minimal AI) from GOG ahead of this steaming pile.

3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 02:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Screw them. Maybe I'll get it if it's cheap and they remove the drm.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 13, 2012, 23:51 Dev

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 22:35:
Does this patch remove the requirement to always be online and connected to their servers to enjoy all the features of the game?

Until that patch, I will never buy this game. Or any game ever that includes this type of crippling DRM.
I'm waiting for both that and a decent sale. I picked up settlers 7 on a decent sale, and that DRM irked me. It was over a year after release and they STILL had server issues stopping me from playing my game on occasion.

1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 13, 2012, 22:35 Pineapple Ferguson

Does this patch remove the requirement to always be online and connected to their servers to enjoy all the features of the game?

Until that patch, I will never buy this game. Or any game ever that includes this type of crippling DRM.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo