Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2012, 05:58 xXBatmanXx

ASeven wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 15:10:
One of the most scary news item I've seen in years. An UK student without any US citizenship can be extradited for the US to be tried for a copyright case. To add to the scariness, what he did was legal in the UK but illegal in the US and now he'll go to the US to be tried for a crime he didn't do in his home country.

If this isn't scary I don't know what is.

He will get a semester abroad. What a lucky kid!

As a direct aside - although a judge in HIS COUNTRY said he is fine there, he said it is also fine that he be shipped abroad. Weird.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2012, 03:58 eRe4s3r

This kind of stuff would be a good reason to leave the country for good.  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2012, 18:48 Jonny

Can't do it the other way around, as far as I'm aware. David Blunkett signed a truly moronic extradition treaty when he was Home Secretary, which basically gave America the right to extradite British Citizens without providing the kind of evidence a British court would need to convict while we can't do the same in return.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2012, 16:48 Halo

ASeven wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 15:10:
One of the most scary news item I've seen in years. An UK student without any US citizenship can be extradited for the US to be tried for a copyright case. To add to the scariness, what he did was legal in the UK but illegal in the US and now he'll go to the US to be tried for a crime he didn't do in his home country.

This isn't the first time either. There's some sort of treaty for this so the USA can grab offenders from the UK or the other way.

You know the entertainment industry will come after you for money NO matter what.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2012, 15:21 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 11:14:
Obama administration says Constitution protects cell phone recordings

The Obama administration is aware that there IS a Constitution? Who knew?

Election is coming up. Politician's amnesia wears off for a few months. Only just enough to get reelected.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2012, 15:10 ASeven

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2012, 11:14 Prez

Obama administration says Constitution protects cell phone recordings

The Obama administration is aware that there IS a Constitution? Who knew?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo