Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Minecraft Patched

This trailer outlines what's new in a new version 1.1 patch that's now live in Minecraft (thanks Computer and Video Games). Word is: "This video highlights the new languages, sheep gaining wool, apples falling from trees and more."

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 14, 2012, 09:08 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 06:11:
Glad I waited on Terraria - had a blast with that after the big patch, have like 3-4 worlds saved on various computers. Some phat lewts on a server with a buddy.
I need to get back to Terraria -- need to defeat the Wall of Flesh so I can get to the new stuff. Made one try at it and then got busy with other stuff.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 14, 2012, 06:11 xXBatmanXx

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 10:36:
I got hooked on Minecraft for a while, but now I'm ambivalent about it.

They never made a good survival mode for it.

I think I played to early on and got that life license for like a fe wbucks or something...I dunno.

Glad I waited on Terraria - had a blast with that after the big patch, have like 3-4 worlds saved on various computers. Some phat lewts on a server with a buddy.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 14, 2012, 00:12 Mr. Tact

The maps can be very challenging. Especially if you try to "Iron Man" them. ie.. no deaths allowed. I tried that Eternal Dreams map, even not dying to stupid stuff is tough -- you have to be hyper alert and careful ALL the time.  

14. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 21:20 Dev

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 15:06:
Too easy you mean? Could always try one of the adventure maps. Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look at these:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuudeBoulderfist#p/u/72/Q3B9s58nI2o
http://www.youtube.com/user/GuudeBoulderfist#p/u/108/Gml_o1EVo2I
Hmm I might have to check out those minecraft things sometime. Thanks for links.

13. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 15:06 Mr. Tact

Too easy you mean? Could always try one of the adventure maps. Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look at these:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuudeBoulderfist#p/u/72/Q3B9s58nI2o
http://www.youtube.com/user/GuudeBoulderfist#p/u/108/Gml_o1EVo2I

12. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 10:36 Silicon Avatar

I got hooked on Minecraft for a while, but now I'm ambivalent about it.

11. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 09:53 Verno

J wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 06:10:
Cool. I burnt out on Minecraft a few months back. After having a quick gander at the Minecraft wikia, it seems when I return to it I'll have a fresh experience waiting for me.

That's the great thing about Minecraft and Terraria, you can take a break for a few months and come back to a new experience.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

10. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 06:10 J

Cool. I burnt out on Minecraft a few months back. After having a quick gander at the Minecraft wikia, it seems when I return to it I'll have a fresh experience waiting for me.  

9. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 05:48 jacobvandy

J wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 05:28:
Is there any benefit from gaining experience yet, or does the bar just fill up and empty still?

You spend experience levels on enchanting items.

8. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 05:28 J

Is there any benefit from gaining experience yet, or does the bar just fill up and empty still?  

7. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 04:59 Dev

Have they done the official mod support stuff yet that they promised for release?

I can't check since the minecraft website is down.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2012, 05:06.

6. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 04:46 panbient

ViRGE wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 00:03:
To be fair, much of that was low-hanging fruit and Minecraft was often broken until the 3rd or 4th patch. Mojang obviously is continuing to work on Minecraft, but now they're focusing on balancing, bug fixes, etc, and not breaking the game in the process.

And this isn't low hanging fruit? How does making a sheep regenerate wool or an apple fall from a tree count as a bug fix or balance issue? Those are the epitome of fluff / low hanging fruit features that serve no purpose other than to inflate an already meager update. The language thing - absolutely noteworthy. Apples, wool, and undisclosed "bug fixes"? Give me a break.

5. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 04:45 CommunistHamster

It's moving towards a living world, which is better than a block-placing game.  

4. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 00:03 ViRGE

Fion wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 23:54:
Have to agree with Panbient. Remember a year ago when major iterations (a full .1) meant 400 word patch notes, two dozen new items, new biomes, new creatures, new activities, etc?
To be fair, much of that was low-hanging fruit and Minecraft was often broken until the 3rd or 4th patch. Mojang obviously is continuing to work on Minecraft, but now they're focusing on balancing, bug fixes, etc, and not breaking the game in the process.

3. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 12, 2012, 23:54 Fion

Have to agree with Panbient. Remember a year ago when major iterations (a full .1) meant 400 word patch notes, two dozen new items, new biomes, new creatures, new activities, etc?  

2. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 12, 2012, 20:44 jacobvandy

People with no imagination still don't get Minecraft! Whoop-dee-etc...

Bummer about the ladder "fix," there are a TON of nifty contraptions that made use of that.

1. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 12, 2012, 20:21 panbient

Sheeps regenerate wool?!?! Apples falling from trees!!!

Whoop-tee-do...

It's like they can't decide if they want to make a sandbox or a sand-castle and instead they're just making a big pile of mud.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo