Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Darkness II Demo This Month

The Darkness II Website announces a release schedule for a playable demo for The Darkness II, which will hit Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers next week and other platforms the week after that. For Windows PC users, the date to keep in mind is Tuesday, January 24th, which is when the demo for the first-person shooter sequel will have its worldwide release on Steam.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 13, 2012, 10:59 MajorD

vacs wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 06:47:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 01:12:
'To me', it looks like a 'Left4Dead me too product' with bad cartoon/comic book style character/color additions.

What? It's a story-driven, single-player game where you play as a single character who has both guns and demonic tentacles. The co-op mode is just a bonus, likely tacked on because publishers demand that all games have co-op these days.

I can only confirm this. The Darkness (I) at least had really nothing with L4D in common, except both being first-person-view shooters...

This is unique, very dark and atmospheric story-driven single-player game with many cool moments and some great ideas (like the immortal end-boss without going into further details to spoil the scene).

Co-op? Not interested, this should be enjoyed as a pure single-player game.

I was just commenting that "to me" that is what it visually reminded me of when I first viewed the trailer. Nothing more than that.....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 13, 2012, 06:47 vacs

Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 01:12:
'To me', it looks like a 'Left4Dead me too product' with bad cartoon/comic book style character/color additions.

What? It's a story-driven, single-player game where you play as a single character who has both guns and demonic tentacles. The co-op mode is just a bonus, likely tacked on because publishers demand that all games have co-op these days.

I can only confirm this. The Darkness (I) at least had really nothing with L4D in common, except both being first-person-view shooters...

This is unique, very dark and atmospheric story-driven single-player game with many cool moments and some great ideas (like the immortal end-boss without going into further details to spoil the scene).

Co-op? Not interested, this should be enjoyed as a pure single-player game.

6. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 13, 2012, 01:12 Jerykk

5. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 12, 2012, 18:15 Fletch

Another crappy console port.

4. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 12, 2012, 16:39 Esoteric

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 12:52:
Is this game about Charlie Murphy?

Okay, I chuckled.

3. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 12, 2012, 14:14 MajorD

Meh!

2. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 12, 2012, 12:52 Cutter

Is this game about Charlie Murphy?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: The Darkness II Demo This Month Jan 12, 2012, 12:30 Jerykk

A PC demo? Not only that but one that releases at the same time as the console demos?

I'm impressed.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo