Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Scroll of Resurrection on Cooldown

The World of Warcraft Website has news that the Scroll of Resurrection is temporarily unavailable while Blizzard tweaks the program. The Scroll of Resurrection allows players to invite friends with lapsed WoW accounts to rejoin the game for a return visit to Azeroth. The Scroll of Resurrection FAQ now leads off with: "The Scroll of Resurrection promotion is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Foolzatch@gmail.com Jan 11, 2012, 20:31 osage no onna

Rain wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 17:42:
I'm sure the real reason is because its under litigation with Bethesda.

Thumbsup

They've been getting more aggressive with their promotions, what with the D3/WoW deal and everything. Maybe they'll let you "cast" it on yourself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Scroll of Resurrection on Cooldown Jan 11, 2012, 19:27 HoSpanky

I'd bet more on this being because the original Scroll only works on accounts who don't have any expansion past BC, which is pretty unlikely at this point. Why would you "come back to see what's new" if you can't even get to the new content anymore?

I'm betting they're just changing what it does. I'm expecting to see them relaunching it with some promo item you get if you use the scroll and then restart your subscription. Or a bonus to the person who sent it. Probably a pet or a mount that's just a color-swap of a current one.

4. Foolzatch@gmail.com Jan 11, 2012, 17:42 Rain

I'm sure the real reason is because its under litigation with Bethesda.  

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

3. Re: Scroll of Resurrection on Cooldown Jan 11, 2012, 13:10 Kedyn

People would be flooding back into the game if they were losing money from this, which I haven't seen happen.  

2. Re: Scroll of Resurrection on Cooldown Jan 11, 2012, 11:13 Doombringer

I translate this as "we're losing money, no more freebies."  

1. Re: Scroll of Resurrection on Cooldown Jan 11, 2012, 10:52 Breasts

In other news, one of the kings royal arse wipers died today.

Who gives a crap?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo