Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III in February?

Joystiq has an image of a store display in a Rochester, Minnesota Best Buy that seems to show a February 1 launch date for Diablo III, Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG sequel. They have some follow ups that don't completely confirm or deny this, and word that the end-cap was legit, but has since been removed. Meanwhile, the Best Buy Website now shows a February 1 release date for the game.

View
280 Replies. 14 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

100. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 10:07 Mr. Tact

Ha! Ok, I actually lol'd at that.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

99. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:48 InBlack

Game shops are for pussies, who's going to protect you peasants when the heathens invade?? It sure as hell wont be game shops!  

I have a nifty blue line!

98. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:39 Lorcin

Whoops hit quote not edit  

97. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:39 Lorcin

I live in Rochester. Unfortunately it's Rochester, Kent and we don't have a single shop which sells videos games. We have a medieval castle and cathedral but no game shops  

96. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:29 CythrawL

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 01:48:
I bought SCII for $30 in November.

Lucky you... My point is/was that it is still $60.00 now there was a very small window to get it at $30.00. I mean its got all its inital sales now, so why the hell it isnt $30-$40 now (and not on sale) is beyond me. And it still doesn't cover the fact that's for a THIRD of a complete game.

No Prices have been announced on the expansions, and I will bet they arent even expansions at all, but stand alone titles each costing an extra $60.00 each..

That very reason alone is why I wont buy it. Maybe (if ever) when they are all out and bundled for a decent price, maybe then, but I am not jumping on the deliberate gouging of consumers with that title. I get enough gouging at the Gas Pump, never mind from that Blizzard/COCKtick marriage. At least Diablo 3 is a complete game from start to finish.

95. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:16 CythrawL

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 00:30:
CythrawL wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:21:

last I checked it was one of the Splinter Cell Games (Cant remember which) that held the record for the longest uncracked.. over 12 months wasnt it?? But yeah it still got cracked, and I never bothered with it.

If I remember right, it was 6 days it took to be cracked, not months.

When StarForce 3.0 was released, it initially provided extremely strong protection - the StarForce 3.0-protected game Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was uncracked for 424 days. It also marked a significant step up in the effort required to reverse engineer it.

No it was a LOT more than 6 days and more than a year...

94. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:07 Optional nickname

DI-MeisterM wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 14:07:
It doesn't matter when it comes out, because Blizzard will control WHEN you are allowed to play it or not...
.. because Blizzard will control WITH WHAT LOOT you are allowed to play with or not.

FTFY my friends

I played the Beta as Witch Doctor , and I am eager to buy and play this game , giving it a good run, however, I will not make this a religious experience as Diablo 2 was back in it's day. I know this is a game to appease the WoW cash generators, and a skinned Starcraft 2 game, with loot drops depending on the market place governed by Blizzard CEO's and nothing more. Still, art style is very good, The sound in dungeons of crying dead is awesome, and am looking forward to balance tweaks and meeting the further bosses. Oh and the Skeleton King, was a joke to kill, I know it's Beta, but Andy in Diablo 2 Act 1 was 75 times harder. I was lucky to find a Bow with 11 damage, +2 electric damage, and my pets were dealing my weapon damage, I was walking through the last stage of the Beta, with +Multikills every step of the way. Bow / Witch doctor, Very Very (easy) fun.

The current UI / hotbar in my opinion though , is a major stepback from D2, God I will miss the F-Keys for skill concertos.

And to all Diablo Experts that say Bestbuy fake until Blizzard says so, well, if Blizzard is about to say so, then you all fail.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2012, 09:17.

93. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 08:34 Mr. Tact

Exactly.  

92. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 08:32 Prez

Verno wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 08:29:
briktal wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 08:02:
When Guild Wars was new, were people upset it required you to be online?

I don't really see how they are directly comparable. In fact I've asked in several different topics and never heard a single answer other than DRM as to why the online requirement is there for campaign play. Let's be honest, we all know there is no design reasoning behind it, it's a blatant attempt at control and anti-piracy. Even Starcraft 2 did not require a persistent connection.

I don't even see many people "whining" here, just voicing valid concerns and many of us were in beta so we know what to expect. Discussing things != being a hater.

100% agree. (I'd say 110% agree but just sounds so cliche. )

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

91. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 08:29 Verno

briktal wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 08:02:

I don't really see how they are directly comparable. In fact I've asked in several different topics and never heard a single answer other than DRM as to why the online requirement is there for campaign play. Let's be honest, we all know there is no design reasoning behind it, it's a blatant attempt at control and anti-piracy. Even Starcraft 2 did not require a persistent connection.

I don't even see many people "whining" here, just voicing valid concerns and many of us were in beta so we know what to expect. Discussing things != being a hater.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

90. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 08:21 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 01:44:
We don't live in a capitalist society anymore, we live in a dystopian oligarchy where the politicians are owned by the banks and corporations and the laws are written by their lobbyists. The banks and companies that caused the economic collapse a few years ago got bailed out on 100% of their losses while not one person has even been prosecuted for the illegal actions that caused the collapse. Or at least almost no one, and definitely no one at the top. Meanwhile the Republicans are nominating Romney, whose former line of work consisted of buying up companies and liquidating them. His platform: a tax cut of $300,000 for top earners while the poor and middle class get almost no cut.

You are absolutely right and have absolutely wasted your time and effort by posting this here.

89. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 08:14 Prez

If people want to play Guild Wars, they play Guild Wars. GW was a new game for a new property, not a followup to a series that had allowed offline single player play for 15 years. I get the comparison you are making, but it's not a completely apples to apples one in my opinion.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

88. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 08:02 briktal

Ventura wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 05:44:
How is it at all different than you playing any games on Steam?

You're joking, right? Take your computer offline and see how many of your Steam games you can play while it's in offline mode. I just fired up Torchlight, MW3 and Dungeon Defenders with my network cable pulled from the back.

As he said, Diablo 3 is an MMO wannabe. It won't let you play at all, period.

87. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 07:19 InBlack

Here some more flames for the fire, pure unconfirmed first-hand reports from an anonymous german logistics guy. Got it from incgamers, enjoy

We got EU shipping info from a logistics guy. Holding area for dozens of pallets with Diablo 3 boxes (standard & CE) have been booked at a European terminal. It’s currently scheduled for week 7 and 8 this year. Add 10 to 14 days for the delivery to the retailers, and you have Diablo 3 on shelves around end of February/early March (unless it is cancelled, which they already did back in November 2011 where they originally wanted to release the game).

86. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 07:07 Prez

Krovven wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 03:00:
Prez wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 02:14:
I am sooooo disappointed at the direction Blizzard has taken Diablo 3 in. It's really nothing short of disastrous in my view. Always online DRM? Online cash shop BS? This is most certainly NOT the Diablo 3 I am looking for. As much as I have been wanting Diablo 3 for years now, it's very unlikely I'll be playing this MMO wannabe.

I can play all but a handdful of my Steam games offline. Just not the multiplayer ones like L4D and TF2. Moreover, I will be able to play them offline from now until the end of time. Hell, I can play Starcraft 2 offline, so why not D3?

- Mahatma Gandhi

85. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 07:02 Dades

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 23:35:
The Starcraft 2 emulators, all two of them, suck, half the game is broken since they can barely keep up with the updates. The same thing will happen with any Diablo 3 emulators, and why would you hate on making real money in a game for selling your single player items? Some people are just stupid complainers who enjoy their mental masturbation more than the legitimate version of a game. And if you take offense to this statement, you are obviously the person I am describing.

youre all wrong and if you disagree with me youre even more wrong, mwuahaha!

Yeah you're wonderful.

84. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 06:38 InBlack

Can someone explain all the hate against the RMAH? I mean its an optional feature that you dont have to use. If you like you can get all your items from loot or simply trade ingame just like in the old Diablos.

Is it something to do with rich people buying up the best loot? Is this the root of the problem for you?

This is a serious question, Im not trying to start a flame war. I really dont understand why its such a big deal to a lot of people.

(Disclaimer: Ok the the Always Online portion is probably a big no to a lot of single player minded people, so I understand that particular grievance)

83. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 06:33 Fibrocyte

Flatline wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 04:42:
Dirwulf wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 23:35:
The Starcraft 2 emulators, all two of them, suck, half the game is broken since they can barely keep up with the updates. The same thing will happen with any Diablo 3 emulators, and why would you hate on making real money in a game for selling your single player items

Ah, so legitimizing gold farmers and the ebaying of characters and shit is a *good* think in your point of view.

Gotcha.

The real money auction house is actually specifically *why* I won't be playing Diablo 3. Everyone is like "I'll just be able to play and make money off of the game!!!" when in reality you'll be competing with shit like prisons in China who force their inmates to play 20 hours a day and farm that shit out wholesale.

Blizzard is saying "fuck it, it's a big industry, so we might as well legitimize it and take a cut of profit from it."

So you won't be playing the entire game because of one optional feature that you simply feel you won't be able to profit from? Got it!

In other news, they'll have a gold-based auction house for those who don't prefer the real money version.

82. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 06:30 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 05:44:

You're joking, right? Take your computer offline and see how many of your Steam games you can play while it's in offline mode. I just fired up Torchlight, MW3 and Dungeon Defenders with my network cable pulled from the back.

True. Shouldn't be a big deal at all. This will be the first good game purchase of 2012.

81. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 05:44 Ventura

280 Replies. 14 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo