Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

How to Get Banned From MW3

One Of Swords has word from Activision's Dan Amrich on how to get banned from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the military shooter sequel. He also reproduces a handy summary if you want it in short form: "Donít cheat, don't be an ass."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 12:17 space captain

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 06:44:
There's an entire generation that cannot devise it's own humor and instead relies on pictures of cats, random gifs and howling "cheater".

its all true

some halfass scribbled drawing of a stick figure with giant text... sorry that doesnt do it for me.. whatever floats your boat, i guess - but i dont think kids will ever stop being retarded little shits

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 11:50 zirik

I loved it when it's in person. Where the other can respond. The thrill from getting a great kill and throwing out a creative insult to go with it. Playing online is such an anticlimax in comparison. I don't get why these kids take the time to pause playing and type out same lame generic "insult". They're not even inventive.

the funny part in online game trash talk is if the other person cannot touch type and have to look down on the keyboard. they always get killed multiple times before sending a message. and by then nobody knows who it was for because of the large gap in timing.

18. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 10:35 Dmitri_M

Kajetan wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 08:47:
There's an entire generation that cannot devise it's own humor and instead relies on pictures of cats, random gifs and howling "cheater".
You are getting old and bitter. May be it's a good idea for you to retire from the internet.

I agree.

17. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 08:47 Kajetan

You are getting old and bitter. May be it's a good idea for you to retire from the internet.

16. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 07:43 eRe4s3r

Thats one thing that BF3 finally fixed which i hated in BC2

For those that don't know, in BC2 on HiFi you could track and hear footsteps through walls, which allowed you to literally predict where someone enters a room or your field of vision. This was because inside of buildings the outside got muted, but footsteps did not get muted enough... and i have 5.1 sound so .. well i always thought it was an unfair advantage but it was impossible not to abuse it.

In BF3 they fixed that by making the sounds much less noticeable, though if someone sprints you can still hear him, but when he walks or crouches you hear (mostly) nothing. And generally speaking, the sound scape in BF3 feels a lot more "enclosed" even on Hi-Fi where specific sounds of relevance are enhanced compared to WarTapes.

Anyhow, people playing BF3 or BC2, or even Dead Space 1/2 on stereo or headset have no idea that they are missing an entire DIMENSION of experience. Deadspace particularly had superb directional sound even by environments which never allowed you to track things by sound properly, it so utterly reinforced the horror, and is completely lost on people without a properly setup 5.1+ system

15. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 06:44 Dmitri_M

For the most part the trash talk was in good spirits.
I loved it when it's in person. Where the other can respond. The thrill from getting a great kill and throwing out a creative insult to go with it. Playing online is such an anticlimax in comparison. I don't get why these kids take the time to pause playing and type out same lame generic "insult". They're not even inventive.

I'd like to retire from the internet.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2012, 06:50.

14. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 01:48 Cutter

zirik wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 00:28:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 18:40:
These kids have it too easy being able to game from their livingrooms\mom's basements without any human contact. Had they grown up in the 90s and spent time lanning prior to playing online they'd know that excessive trash talk in person would get you punched in the face. At least at the ghetto lans I attended.

LOL. scary but true. i used to play at an internet cafe with friends and we always see people take out their frustrations in the parking lot. trash talking in lan games are taken seriously by the operator of the net cafe. it got so bad that they installed metal detectors to keep weapons out of their establishment. ice picks and folding knives are a favorite lan game accessory of local gangs.

I love it! It's evolution in action. Let the morons cull themselves from the gene pool.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

13. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 00:28 zirik

These kids have it too easy being able to game from their livingrooms\mom's basements without any human contact. Had they grown up in the 90s and spent time lanning prior to playing online they'd know that excessive trash talk in person would get you punched in the face. At least at the ghetto lans I attended.

LOL. scary but true. i used to play at an internet cafe with friends and we always see people take out their frustrations in the parking lot. trash talking in lan games are taken seriously by the operator of the net cafe. it got so bad that they installed metal detectors to keep weapons out of their establishment. ice picks and folding knives are a favorite lan game accessory of local gangs.

12. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 23:08 ochentay4

Evil Timmy wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:18:
One phenomenon I've noticed is the direct correlation between people who only play on their 40" bargain flatscreen's speakers and people who frequently claim others are cheating. A friend who was in that situation, and who was actually a fairly good and experienced COD player, fell prey to that line of thinking. He could aim and react pretty well, but kept on bitching about cheaters when it came to close combat or guys on the other side of a wall. He got a nice set of Turtle Beach headphones for an early Christmas present, and the look on his face when he realized that, unless he had Ninja Pro (or whatever it's called in MW3) to silence his footsteps, he could easily be tracked by sound alone (by anyone with a proper surround or headphone setup)...well, it was definitely a shock. The allegations of cheating have dropped off sharply since that revelation, and I wonder how common that really is, as he's not the only one with that setup.
To claim everyones cheating is an easy way to justify that they suck, even if they think they dont.

Playing Dark Souls has let me re-think about new games difficulty. Some games should be harder to learn.
I recently beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "Missing Link" in hard or "Deus Ex" difficulty. What a piece of cake...
Call of Duty is like the Bejeweled of FPS. Its easy to pick up but really hard to master.

Will try to stop this nonsense and get some sleep, I still have dozen of games to play. Blame Steam, Amazon, GreenManGaming, and every fking bundle in last 6 months.

11. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 22:18 Evil Timmy

One phenomenon I've noticed is the direct correlation between people who only play on their 40" bargain flatscreen's speakers and people who frequently claim others are cheating. A friend who was in that situation, and who was actually a fairly good and experienced COD player, fell prey to that line of thinking. He could aim and react pretty well, but kept on bitching about cheaters when it came to close combat or guys on the other side of a wall. He got a nice set of Turtle Beach headphones for an early Christmas present, and the look on his face when he realized that, unless he had Ninja Pro (or whatever it's called in MW3) to silence his footsteps, he could easily be tracked by sound alone (by anyone with a proper surround or headphone setup)...well, it was definitely a shock. The allegations of cheating have dropped off sharply since that revelation, and I wonder how common that really is, as he's not the only one with that setup.  

10. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 22:15 xXBatmanXx

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 20:54:
I though being a cheating douche bag was pretty much expected when playing COD...

pot meet kettle.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 20:54 [VG]Reagle

I though being a cheating douche bag was pretty much expected when playing COD...  

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

8. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 20:29 Cutter

Someone from Activision is saying don't cheat or be an ass? The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. LOL!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 19:28 Techie714 ©

Hear Hear!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 18:58 Paketep

People still play that POS?. Talk about bad taste.  

5. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 18:58 DNForever

Once upon a time in like 1997, I was playing a modem game of Duke 3D with my friend who lived across the backyard. I was being really obnoxious with the talking, I think it was in the Stadium level and I also wasn't letting him get any items. He ran over to my house and seriously tried to kick my ass. Since then I've hardly even said anything to people in games. (we're still friends)

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2012, 19:25.

4. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 18:40 Dmitri_M

3. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 18:11 Quboid

"Donít cheat, don't be an ass" is "How to Get Banned From MW3"? No wonder there's so many douche bags!  

- Quboid

2. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 17:56 xXBatmanXx

Panickd wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 17:02:
But... but... being an ass is the cornerstone of being a good COD player! How can you win without spamming profanity at the people who obviously suck but are higher up on the scoreboard than you?

QFMFT.

I have never muted so many people in a game before - it is ridiculous.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 17:02 Panickd

But... but... being an ass is the cornerstone of being a good COD player! How can you win without spamming profanity at the people who obviously suck but are higher up on the scoreboard than you?  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo