Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Stronghold 3 Patch

Steam News announces the release of a new automatic patch to update Stronghold 3, Firefly's construction/strategy sequel. Here's the change list for version 1.7.25411:

• Fixed the issue with the campaign not continuing after loading in a save game from the main menu.
  • Fixed an issue with sections of wall disappearing when loading in a save game.
  • Fixed crash if closing a gatehouse when troops are moving through it.
  • Several building footprints have been reduced.
  • Buildings can be rotated by using the keyboard. Pressing SHIFT or CONTROL will allow the Q/E keys to rotate the building.
  • Troops will no longer fall through the floor when crossing Stone Bridges.(User maps with this issue will need to be re-saved)
  • Fixed the Fletcher occasionally making the bows in the stockpile.
  • A few other potential crashes have been fixed.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Stronghold 3 Patch Jan 7, 2012, 20:11 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 00:50:
No this is not that patch... the game simply isn't any fun to play, and i don't think a patch can fix that. Though the smaller building footprint is a good thing (fixes a lot of wall related build issues) but generally put, there is no AI and no Skirmish, so 0 replayability

And everyone should know that Firefly has said there will be no skirmish added as a patch in the future. I'm holding out for skirmish as a DLC but I'm also not holding my breath.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Stronghold 3 Patch Jan 7, 2012, 15:21 WyldKat

Good to know. The idea of a castle building game sounded really fun but this was still quite expensive even during the Steam sale. Sounds like it has less value than even a $2 Indie game...  

2. Re: Stronghold 3 Patch Jan 7, 2012, 00:50 eRe4s3r

No this is not that patch... the game simply isn't any fun to play, and i don't think a patch can fix that. Though the smaller building footprint is a good thing (fixes a lot of wall related build issues) but generally put, there is no AI and no Skirmish, so 0 replayability  

1. Re: Stronghold 3 Patch Jan 6, 2012, 23:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, is this the patch that makes this game NOT a complete disappointment?

I loved earlier Stronghold games, was not impressed from what I saw of number three.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo