Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Indie Royale New Year's Bundle

Indie Royale has launched The New Year's Bundle, their new collection of indie games. The Royale bundle starts with a low minimum price that goes up when customers pay the minimum and down when customers beat the minimum, which earns them a bonus as well as the respect of their peers. The new bundle consists of Nuclear Dawn, Max & The Magic Marker, Fractal, and Super Crossfire, and those who beat the minimum also get George & Jonathan's chiptune album Beautiful Lifestyle.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 14:43 killer_roach

yuastnav wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 05:46:
The impression that I have is that, the people who do the Indie Royale, saw how successful the Humble Indie Bundle was but didn't fancy the idea that additional work would need to be done to create Linux ports - so they just made a bundle where that is not a requirement.
A shame, really.
Though it still looks like the Humble Indie Bundle is the most successful one of all the bundles there have been.

Considering the people who run Indie Royale are the same people who run Desura, it seems like they're using the promotion as their vehicle for periodic sales (as few games on Desura go on sale, and rarely for as much as they do on Steam).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 05:53 Efflixi

I am not going to use my Fractal steam key as I don't usually play those kinds of games.

9GQRP-BFAEG-K7KAL

Free for the taking!

9. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 05:46 yuastnav

The impression that I have is that, the people who do the Indie Royale, saw how successful the Humble Indie Bundle was but didn't fancy the idea that additional work would need to be done to create Linux ports - so they just made a bundle where that is not a requirement.
A shame, really.
Though it still looks like the Humble Indie Bundle is the most successful one of all the bundles there have been.

8. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 03:55 jacobvandy

Nice way to get Nuclear Dawn for cheap if you've been wanting it, but really meh otherwise.  

7. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 6, 2012, 03:09 DangerDog

I think they're overdoing the "bundle" sales gimmick.  

6. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 23:42 Kitkoan

Flatline wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 21:15:
I'm not thrilled with bundles that include unfinished games, and from those links it looks like at least two of them are unfinished.

Which 2 are those?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 21:15 Flatline

I'm not thrilled with bundles that include unfinished games, and from those links it looks like at least two of them are unfinished.  

4. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 21:07 Kitkoan

killer_roach wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 21:00:
It's up to the developers whether or not they provide Linux binaries.

I don't have an issue with there being no Linux games there, I have an issue that the Indie Royale group decided to claim "We will be pushing to have Linux games" for attention and this is the 5th one with no Linux.

Its like the Humble Indie Bundle. Not once (that I know of) have they ever mentioned "We have Steam and Desura code for all our games" for attention until they did in fact have those codes (and they aren't always able to get Desura codes). Thats fine because they know they aren't always able to get them. They knew that if they did push that message and weren't able to come through then it would look bad for them. Indie Royale here keeps making sections for Linux games and still nothing.

3. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 21:06 SBlat

NightSky, from the second bundle, had a Linux version added recently. The Linux version only exists because it was part of the latest Humble Indie Bundle, and HIB actively require Linux ports, but it was added by Indie Royale as soon as it was available.

Also in the second bundle, Charlie Knight's games Scoregasm, and Irukandji and Bullet Candy Perfect (bonus inclusions to the bundle) all include Linux versions, and have since they were added to the bundle. Again, Charlie has always made Linux ports for his games, and these Linux versions were all pre-existing, but they did make them downloadable from the beginning.

So they don't have many linux games, and they don't spur the creation of Linux ports at all. And I don't really get the impression Linux ports factor into the decisions at all regarding whether to include a game or not. But they do still add the Linux port if it's available, even post-bundle.

2. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 21:00 killer_roach

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 20:46:
Still no Linux games... its not like they didn't mention since the beginning they would try to get Linux games, made a section of each download page for Linux games and 5th package later...
Oh wait, they did say that, they did make a section for Linux games and still no Linux games...

It's up to the developers whether or not they provide Linux binaries.

1. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 20:46 Kitkoan

Still no Linux games... its not like they didn't mention since the beginning they would try to get Linux games, made a section of each download page for Linux games and 5th package later...
Oh wait, they did say that, they did make a section for Linux games and still no Linux games...

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo