Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2012, 09:41 wtf_man

5 Words.

Mass Headache Within Twenty Minutes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2012, 05:05 SectorEffector

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 04:36:
Most intriguing use for this tech for me was full-screen coop gameplay using the shutter glasses.

How are you doing that!! I wish I could do Nvidia 3D vision like that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2012, 04:36 Ruffiana

Most intriguing use for this tech for me was full-screen coop gameplay using the shutter glasses.  

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2012, 01:56 Bodolza

HDTV took a good decade to really catch on. The first several years were people making many of the same complaints, too, like little content that is too expensive, or just a plot by TV set manufacturer to get you to upgrade. I predict in 10 years most of us will have 3D sets, even if we didn't intentionally buy them.

It's cheap for manufacturers to add 3D to a set, and most new higher-end models come with it. I already have 3 3D sets. The latest 2 are passive models, and I can just use the glasses from the movie theaters. I already have about 10 pairs without spending an extra cent.

I'd think if anyone embraced 3D, it would be this group. Gaming in 3D is fantastic.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 5, 2012, 22:45 wallace321

Three words:

40 Dollar Movies

Correction; according to amazon the suggested retail price of most of the full length movies is $50+

2. Re: Re:Why 3d TV.... Jan 5, 2012, 21:32 PropheT

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 20:51:
2 words.

Dorky Glasses.

Dorky glasses that add another 50% or more of the initial price of the TV in order to have enough for a family to watch it in 3D, and then another charge on top of everything else for the content...all for something I don't even know that I'd really want after the investment anyway.

1. Re:Why 3d TV.... Jan 5, 2012, 20:51 UttiniDaKilrJawa

2 words.

Dorky Glasses.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo