Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 3 Clue?

GamingBolt points the way to a reddit thread about a texture allegedly found within Counter-Strike: Global Offensive that's being interpreted as a Half-Life 3 clue, though Valve has been steadfastly denying that any sort of viral marketing or ARG is underway for a continuation of their shooter series. Thanks Ant via Digg.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 17:24 Prez

Hoop wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 15:33:
nin wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 15:15:

I feel sad for anyone who sits around trying to read tealeaves to determine when Valve will release something.

Of course! the tea leaves!
Outtahere

LOL!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 17:21 Evil Timmy

Even if Valve had a particular release date in mind, what's the likelihood that they'd actually hit it, given their previous track record? They seem to be taking Trent Reznor's path, and over almost the same timeframe: less interested in the actual product, more interested in how the product is packaged, consumed, and sold. This isn't to say it's a bad thing, as we're going through massive upheaval in how every type of media and entertainment is distributed, and these experiments at the fringe are necessary. Digital music outsold physical last year, and boxed PC games are becoming dinosaurs. But I'd still love to hear a new NIN album that affects me as much as The Downward Spiral, and I'd love to play a Valve shooter with the solid, intelligent, seamlessly-integrated characters from, and gameplay innovations of, Half-Life 2.  

7. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 16:57 SirKnight

Gabe side-boob!  

6. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 16:03 Graham

Valve hires talented 3D animators like Karen Prell. They begin to release short films for TF2, slowly becoming longer; the most recent tops five minutes in length, and the quality has increased immensely.

Half-Life 3 isn't coming as a game.

5. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 15:50 Fantaz

BlueMesa Airlines!  

4. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 15:33 Hoop

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 15:15:

I feel sad for anyone who sits around trying to read tealeaves to determine when Valve will release something.

Of course! the tea leaves!
Outtahere

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 15:15 Verno

pagb wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 15:13:
I honestly think that Valve loves to troll all the clue finders over and over again.

Can you blame them? I'd be doing worse in their position

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

2. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 15:15 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 15:13 pagb

I honestly think that Valve loves to troll all the clue finders over and over again.  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo