Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 in Q2

Forbes reports (in Polish) that City Interactive will release Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 in the second quarter of this year, which is confirmed on the product page for the sharpshooting sequel. A translation of the story seems to indicate this is a delay, saying this is to allow for further fine-tuning and the coordination of a global marketing campaign, though as far as we know, the game has been tentatively planned for release some time this year since it was announced (though its Wikipedia page does list March 2012 release dates with no citation). Thanks VG247.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 in Q2 Jan 5, 2012, 12:43 netnerd85

MajorD wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 11:28:
however, if my memory serves me correctly, the first installment (Sniper: Ghost Warrior) was not well received. True? Anyone here play the first installment?
The game has sold over 2 million copies. Green Man Gaming had a giveaway of 20 thousand copies recently and it crashed their servers due to the demand and of course they ran out of keys quickly.

The game is good, could have been a lot better though. There are two groups of fans though, hardcore and normal players with a few people that aren't sure what a Sniper game is all about.

The multiplayer is great fun. I wasn't even going to bother with the multiplayer being a singleplayer/coop focused gamer but I am very glad I gave it a go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 in Q2 Jan 5, 2012, 11:28 MajorD

This 'looks' good, but of course you can't judge a game by the graphics and marketing campaign; however, if my memory serves me correctly, the first installment (Sniper: Ghost Warrior) was not well received. True? Anyone here play the first installment?

Looks like they are using CryEngine 3 this time around in lieu of the Chrome Engine 4.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo