Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses

GameStop announces in-game items as pre-order incentives for Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming action/RPG sequel. They offer screenshots and trailers showing off the following items:

N7 “Valkyrie” Assault Rifle
After the carnage of the Battle of the Citadel, Alliance officers commissioned a new rifle for their ground forces. A variation of the popular Avenger design, the Valkyrie is now standard issue for new recruits. Exceptionally well-crafted, accurate, and packing ample firepower, the rifle is a hot black-market item on the rare occasion it surfaces.

N7 “Defender” Armor
The Defender Armor is a variation on the N7 Special Forces’ combat gear, built to protect soldiers in long-running engagements where reinforcements may be sparse. When the wearer fires a weapon, the suit's computers divert energy from the main power cell to the gun's kinetic coils, offering an extra punch. The Defender's storage compartments are designed to hold spare thermal clips, while capacitors throughout the armor provide extra power to shields during critical moments in battle. The armor also comes with an injection system built into the suit and neural-linked bio-monitors that help adjust the wearer's breathing rate and adrenaline levels.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 5, 2012, 10:21 Verno

everyone wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 10:09:
necrosis wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 08:44:
No Steam. No buy.
Isn't it kind of ridiculous posting that on a day when Steam is completely FUBAR? D:

I played a bit of Oblivion before work *shrug*.

Cloud was down and friends still goes down frequently which sucks but I can't really argue with the price of the client. It was pretty solid throughout the sale other than the first hour which is what mattered most to me.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 5, 2012, 10:09 everyone

necrosis wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 08:44:
No Steam. No buy.
Isn't it kind of ridiculous posting that on a day when Steam is completely FUBAR? D:

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 5, 2012, 09:55 nin

Yaogun wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 22:29:
ME3: Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't....

MU-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. PRESS "A"!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 5, 2012, 09:45 Iurand

ME wiki:
N7 is a vocational code in the Systems Alliance military. The "N" designates special forces and the "7" refers to the highest level of proficiency. It applies to marines who have graduated from an elite training program.

But now:

Valkyrie is now standard issue for new recruits.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 5, 2012, 09:19 InBlack

Im Commander Shephard, although secretly I wish that I could be Captain Kirk, or Picard, hell Ill even take Cisco. Ahhh to roam the galaxy in the Enterprise, to explore strange new life and civilizations to boldly go where no man (one) has gone before....

Imagine that, Bioware doing a ME3 style Star Trek game. Now that....that would be something that would approach awesomeness on an unprecedented level. Im very skeptical when it comes to Bioware but cinematic games they can do. Think about it: a ME3 approach (with some space combat thrown in) and with its "away" missions would be ideal for Star Trek.

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 5, 2012, 08:44 necrosis

No Steam. No buy.  

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 23:25 Shok

Screw pre-ordering. I'll get it from GMG for $20 a few months after release - if its worth playing.  

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 23:13 Dr. D. Schreber

I'm rather happier with my Amazon pre-order bonus. The Valkyrie looks like a tuning fork, and the Defender armor is just James Vega's armor in N7 colors.

At least the M22 looks like an actual weapon.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 23:05 Jerykk

I'm Commander Shepard and Best Buy is my favorite store on the Citadel. I'm Commander Shepard and GameStop is also my favorite store on the Citadel. I'm Commander Shepard and I hope ME3 actually has some meaningful choice and consequence as well as some measure of moral ambiguity.  

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 22:57 Cutter

These pre-order virtual items are useless as tits on a bull.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 22:29 Yaogun

ME3: Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't....  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 21:59 Creston

I'm Commander Shepard, and I really, really, really fucking hate EA. the Reapers.

Creston

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 21:53 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm Commander Shepard, and I demand you convert your money into worthless e-points and buy these as DLC.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 21:38 The Half Elf

I'm Commander Shepard, and I approve this Pre-order Bonus.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo