Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New MechWarrior Online Details

A new developer blog on the MechWarrior Online Website offers more on the upcoming multiplayer Battletech game. This blog discusses information warfare in MechWarrior Online, discussing various aspects of battlefield intelligence and situational warfare. It also discusses the module system for loadouts, targeting tweaks, and more.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 6, 2012, 04:40 Razumen

Fletch wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 02:38:
Kastagir wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 00:15:
No single player = no sale.

Same here. I want MechWarrior 5, not WoMW. Story-driven missions within the MW universe, with an optional bot/LAN/online multiplayer component. Yet another great game ruined, at least this iteration of it, by greedy jackholes jumping on the latest industry trend to monetize the ADD-addled whims of console kiddies: F2P. At least they didn't try to "re-imagine" it as an "action RPG".

How do you know it's ruined? A lot of the details they've released sound like they're intent on being faithful to the game play of the series. Talk about jumping the gun.

It still CAN be good, and hating it just because it's online only is a bit irrational - the lasting point of most MechWarrior games has always been in the multiplayer anyways. I seem to remember a cancelled game called BattleTech 3025 that many people were very excited about, despite it being solely an online experience as well.

Besides, it's not like the Mech genre has really been going that strong lately, in fact it's almost practically dead on the PC. If MWO actually does good then this may open the door for other true sequels that have that singleplayer component that is essential for many (myself included).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 6, 2012, 02:38 Fletch

Kastagir wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 00:15:

Same here. I want MechWarrior 5, not WoMW. Story-driven missions within the MW universe, with an optional bot/LAN/online multiplayer component. Yet another great game ruined, at least this iteration of it, by greedy jackholes jumping on the latest industry trend to monetize the ADD-addled whims of console kiddies: F2P. At least they didn't try to "re-imagine" it as an "action RPG".

8. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 5, 2012, 14:54 Prez

New MechWarrior Online Details...

Puke

Happens every time. That "online " part is what does it. Uh oh....

Puke Puke Puke

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 5, 2012, 09:17 Trevellian

Phhh I don't need screenshots for this game.

Like InBlack said, any more information on how the game PLAYS is what is important for a Mechwarrior game, not the graphics. Does it play close to the Battletech ruleset. That is what is MOST important.

Shit I can still play Mechwarrior 2, graphics are the last thing I'm concerned with for this game.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

6. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 5, 2012, 08:34 RollinThundr

Razumen wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 00:09:
Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 23:04:
Zackly. None of it means jack untill we see some in-game footage.

That's a pretty dumb stance imho. Just put your head in the sand until they release something tangible, then complain that it's not to your liking even though they released info on it far ahead of time?

It's far better to bring discussion up now, when details are more likely to change, than later.

Even then Cutter will hate on it, anything that isn't named Guild Wars he hates on anyway.

5. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 5, 2012, 03:33 InBlack

Well since its F2P you wont need to buy anything anyway Kastagir. I for one am psyched for this game, so far on paper it looks very very close to the battletech rules. If they get the feel of the mechs right its going to be awesome.  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 5, 2012, 00:15 Kastagir

3. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 5, 2012, 00:09 Razumen

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 23:04:

That's a pretty dumb stance imho. Just put your head in the sand until they release something tangible, then complain that it's not to your liking even though they released info on it far ahead of time?

It's far better to bring discussion up now, when details are more likely to change, than later.

2. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 4, 2012, 23:04 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: New MechWarrior Online Details Jan 4, 2012, 21:40 The Half Elf

Until I see some IN GAME screenshots or video, I really don't care to hear more about this game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo